This idiot again! (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Whenever he opens his mouth, it's either spit or stupidity that comes out. If Totti wants to become the monumental player he thinks he is (and he should otherwise be), he should pay someone to wire his jaws shut.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Whenever he opens his mouth, it's either spit or stupidity that comes out. If Totti wants to become the monumental player he thinks he is (and he should otherwise be), he should pay someone to wire his jaws shut.
or hire someone to speak instead of him.

ANYONE could be good.
sure way better than totti... :rolleyes:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The Lazio captain was back to teasing the Giallorosso captain, three days before the Roma derby.
Paolo Di Canio used harsh words towards Francesco Totti for saying that he would leave the club if a good team is not built around him next season.

“The symbol says: if you don’t build a squad I will leave… I think this annoys the Roma fans. On the other hand, for me it was a matter of squad.

“When I came to Lazio, I paid to come here, but I gained in happiness. And I never asked for anything, because the simple reason of playing with the Lazio shirt is the best thing of my life.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

SHUT UP Totti
Seems like he can't shut up.

Totti fuels Di Canio feud Tuesday 4 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rome derby is set to explode with the two captains trading insults in the press, as Francesco Totti reminded Paolo Di Canio of his Juve past.

The Derby della Capitale has always been a fiery occasion, but this year it looks to be an even more passionate meeting of rivals, as both captains are lifelong supporters of their clubs.

Di Canio sparked the debate with an interview in the press this week savaging Totti’s threats to leave Roma unless the squad was made competitive. It did not take long for the Italian international to respond.

“Di Canio talks so much about players representing their clubs like a flag,” snapped the Giallorossi star. “Wasn’t he the one who all those years ago said it was better to be a Juventus keyring than a Lazio flag?”

Di Canio started his career with the Biancocelesti, the side he supported since childhood and kept in constant touch with even after his move to England, but had a brief spell at Juve when the giants came knocking in 1990.

Despite being linked with a host of big name sides, above all Real Madrid, Totti has never played for another club so far in his career.

However, with the memories of last year’s derby – abandoned due to crowd trouble – still fresh, the Roma man sent out a warning.

“It’s best that we calm the atmosphere when preparing for this game. Thursday night has to be a festival of football and all I want to see is great sport.”

Lazio haven’t won any of the last 10 Rome derbies in all competitions, last earning a 2-1 victory on March 25 2000

source: channel4.com

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

“Wasn’t he the one who all those years ago said it was better to be a Juventus keyring than a Lazio flag?”
how true!

(though it's kinda insulting for juve too but i am not looking it from THIS point of view...):angel:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Too bad that a bomb exploded next to Totti :( I hope this will not have serious effects on his hearing...
What a wonder-goal by Di Canio.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Things r not going well for Di Canio too.

Di Canio celebration probed Saturday 8 January, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An investigation has been launched into Paolo Di Canio’s goal celebrations after Roma claimed they represented “incitement to violence.”

The lifelong Lazio fan scored a spectacular goal during Thursday’s 3-1 victory, but the incident that caused controversy came after the final whistle.

He raised his arm to the crowd, which some claim was a little too reminiscent of a Nazi salute. It's a particularly sensitive topic considering Lazio's history of right-wing fanatics among their fanbase.

“Di Canio was inciting violence with gestures that can be considered close to a criminal offence,” stated Roma director of sport Franco Baldini.

“He has managed to rob his side of the joy of this legitimate victory. In local derby games there are provocations and mockery, but this was downright offensive.”

This image has caused a stir, with right-wing political party Alleanza Nazionale hinting that they'd like to put Di Canio forward as a candidate for the elections and others condemning him for encouraging Fascist symbolism.

"There was absolutely no political reason behind my celebrations," assured the former Premiership star.

It was not enough to placate the Giallorossi director of sport.

“Roma may have lost this game,” added Baldini, “but above all the loser on Thursday night was Di Canio. This is not the kind of image I wanted the city of Rome to have around the world.”

These statements have prompted the FIGC to open an investigation into the incident, which will include the use of video evidence and interviews with Di Canio himself.

source: channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)