Think You're Good? (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Senior Member
Jul 12, 2002
8,938
#1
here is a thread for those who think they know alot about football;)

here's how it works:someone asks a question about soccer and someone else answers.simple as that.


i'll start:

who's the first black player who played for england?
 

Signor

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2002
3,019
#3
Viv Anderson

Position: Right back. Born: Nottingham. Signed from: Apprentice, August 1974.

Debut: 21 September 1974 vs Sheffield Wednesday Sold to: Arsenal, August 1984.

If Forest are ever to have a better right back than Viv, then he is going to have to be quite some player. Tall and rangy, he was universally known as "Spider" because of his long legs, which enabled him to win the ball cleanly in ever more unlikely situations. He was also quick, good in the air and no slouch when going forward - he scored a fantastic goal in the home demolition of AEK Athens during the first European Cup run, for instance. A Nottingham lad, Viv signed professional forms and made his debut in 1974, when he was 18. By 1976 he had cemented his place in the promotion team, and 2 years later his consistent excellence for Forest's Championship winning side meant that he fully deserved the honour of being the first black player to win a full England cap. After well over 400 games for Forest and a part in all of the great triumphs of his era, he left Forest for Arsenal in 1984. Eventually he became Alex Ferguson's first signing at Manchester United, before a series of injuries led to a free transfer to Sheffield Wednesday, where he finished his playing career. Viv briefly managed Barnsley, but his managerial career has mostly been as Bryan Robson's no 2 at Boro. Given the fact that he is still only 5 years older than Forest's current first choice goalkeeper, time would appear to be on his side if he ever wishes to branch out on his own again. Truly one of the all-time great Forest players - a mere 96% of fans voted him into Forest's All-Time Greatest XI in 1997. One wonders quite what the other 4% were playing at!
 

Signor

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2002
3,019
#4
Well I Have 2 questions :

1- Who holds the record for Italy All time Highest scorer?And How many Goals Did He score?

2- Who were the opponents in Italy's first international and what was the score?
 

Martin

Senior Member
Dec 31, 2000
56,859
#7
1. That would be Gigi Riva. 42 caps/35 goals, quite impressive. Meazza scored 33 though. (Del Piero 21, wohoo :D)

2. No idea :D

But since I answered the 1st question, I'll ask one :D

Q. Who won the most domestic titles (ie. Serie A) in the Juve shirt and how many did he win? Was there more than one player?
 

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
3,794
#11
Boniperti played the most for Juve but I don't think we won many Scudetti during his time. I know Del Piero has won 4. But i'd go for either Zoff or Betegga for winning more than him.
 

Martin

Senior Member
Dec 31, 2000
56,859
#17
Furino is correct, but then we should cook something really nasty up for experts like Paul :D

Guiseppe Furino (1969-1984) 15 seasons
Midfielder
8 Serie A titles
361 league games, 8 goals :)D)
528 total games for Juventus

And his record of 8 is not equalled by anyone, Bettega and Scirea both have 7. Cabrini, Causio, Cuccureddu, Gentile and Zoff have 6. :)
 
OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Senior Member
Jul 12, 2002
8,938
#18
hah,my turn.

1.which is the first team in history to have won all three european club competitions before?(the european cup,the uefa cup and the cup-winners cup)

2.who scored the most goals ever in a FA cup match and how many did he score?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)