They're not going to be there, but they should be (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Most NT coaches are getting ready to, or have already, pick their squads for the Euro2004 finals in Portugal, and as always, we, the fans, have differing opinions to these dumbass' that are getting paid for doing nothing. Which players that aren't going to be playing a part in the European Championships due to squad selections, should be there IN YOUR OPINION.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    England: Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Defoe, James Beattie, Alan Smith

France: Sebastien Frey, Philippe Mexes, Sebastien Squillaci, Patrice Evra, Olivier Kapo

Italy: Ivan Pelizzoli, Alessandro Birindelli, Enzo Maresca, Alberto Gilardino

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    England: Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Defoe, James Beattie, Alan Smith

France: Sebastien Frey, Philippe Mexes, Sebastien Squillaci, Patrice Evra, Olivier Kapo

Italy: Ivan Pelizzoli, Alessandro Birindelli, Enzo Maresca, Alberto Gilardino
    england. dont follow their league so cant tell. but obviously there are better choices then vassell or heskey.

france. frey plays in italy and is relatively unknown in france. no surprise there. squillaci is not ready yet. mexes? big question mark. evra - quite neturally silvestre and lizararu are aheas, experience and things like that counts.

italy. i'm glad that peruzzi is ahead of pelizzoli so no complaints. birindelli and maresca didnt deserve it imo. gilardino? bah, who needs him when di vaio and corradi are available :lazy:.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    . gilardino? bah, who needs him when di vaio and corradi are available
    hah???

gila with 23 goals this seaosn only one goal away from being top goal scorer ,mu compare him with 7 goal man di vaio or dumb ass man corradi!! :walbang:

ofcourse gila + miccoli r better then di vaio + corradi

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++

hah???

gila with 23 goals this seaosn only one goal away from being top goal scorer ,mu compare him with 7 goal man di vaio or dumb ass man corradi!! :walbang:

ofcourse gila + miccoli r better then di vaio + corradi
    Vilhelmas was being sarcastic.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    England: Don't care!

France: L. Robert, Sebastien Frey, Philippe Mexes, Sebastien Squillaci, Patrice Evra, Olivier Kapo

Italy: Ivan Pelizzoli (instead of Toldo), Miccoli (Di Vaio)
    Gilardino could have been a great gamle, but the lack of international
    games with Azzurri makes you understand why he wasn't picked...

Why Miccoli instead of Di Vaio???
    Just as the discussion has been in another site.
    with Miccoli U have more options than with Di Vaio...
    Miccoli can take free kicks, corners, he can play as trequartista and secunda punta... So he could be a possible backup for Totti if he
    couldn't play or was to be rested...

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    I dunno if he "should be there" as the title suggests but Nicolas Anelka had a fair season with City scoring 17 goals not to mention the assests. but then again it's France NT we're talking.

Giumri

May 19, 2004
    Don't see why DP is included. Love him, but really, considering his lack of form and of course the injury . . . oh, and choking in each of the last 3 major tournaments that he played in . . . And why not include Gila? He has played enough international matches, just not with the full NT, but so what? I think he is worth the risk since he will start out on the bench anyway. It is just typical Crap, I mean Trap. No risks, no imagination. Also, Baggio deserves a call up based on his form alone, let alone what he brings in experience and play under pressure. If Totti does not perform (as he sometimes tends to get intimidated if double-teamed or roughed up), then Baggio could come in and instill some life for the last 30 min. of a match. Big mistake by Crap, I mean Trap. It is going to be all defense, and one big mess. Oh well, let's see what happens at the World Cup (since the Euros are not happening for Italy with Crap as the coach). . .

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    It's kind of harsh on DP saying that he choked in WC2002 seeing as he only played 90 mins for the whole tournament, and I think his inclusion is justified. One of Crap's, I mean Trap's, major characteristics is calling up the tried and tested players as well as the players that helped the team qualify for the finals. Del Piero fits nicely into both categories.

Starting him is a different matter altogether as Cassano had a better season than he did, but I'd still have him in my squad. If DP fails this time around, then he doesn't deserve my backing on the international stage anymore, but Alex is a world-class player when on form and that alone is enough to earn him a place in the squad as far as I'm concerned.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    I'm not a Pippo fan by any means, but I feel sorry for him. Euro 2004 is his last chance to win something with the Azzurri as he's already 30, and to be omitted without being given a chance to prove yourself is somewhat harsh. In all honesty I think Trap made the right call by leaving Pips at home, but I can't help but feel sorry for him, even if I don't really like him.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know about those who should be going but I am baffled as to why Marlet , Wiltord anf Dessailly are going to Euro2004
    France have a formidable squad but I feel Santini is making a huge mistake in his defence
    Desailly has been poor so has Thuram and they seem to be his first choice central defence and lets not forget Barthez
    Mexes ought to have gone and I am hugely surprised that they have totally ignored Malbranque but included Saha just becos he swithced to Man u

Eriksson should be taking more than 4 strikers bearing in mind the poor season that Rooney , Owen and well Heskey have endured
    Defoe should be considered ahead of Vassell, I don't like Beattie as a player and Dyer should not have been called up either

Portugal, I am no fan of his but Boa Morte is really unlucky to miss out while players like Postiga are called up

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Giumri ] ++
    Don't see why DP is included. Love him, but really, considering his lack of form and of course the injury . . . oh, and choking in each of the last 3 major tournaments that he played in . . . And why not include Gila?
    It's all about tactical decisions. Del Piero can play in more than one position and so does Di Vaio. Both can cover the left area in a 4-2-3-1 formation and also play in an attacking trio that includes Totti and Vieri. If anything, Gilardino should've been chosen ahead of Corradi as Vieri's replacement. But I think Trap went with experience over youth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)