They're not going to be there, but they should be (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
to be honest I like Anelka. And I hate Wiltord. My, how ironic looking at the French squad.

What pisses me off most bout pippo is that I don't recall trap giving pippo anymore real chances after his hattrick against wales. and that sucks.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Italy: Ivan Pelizzoli, Alessandro Birindelli , Enzo Maresca, Alberto Gilardino
Why agai nwould he deserve to go? :confused: Being juventini doesn't count you know :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
England: Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Defoe, James Beattie, Alan Smith
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
england. dont follow their league so cant tell. but obviously there are better choices then vassell or heskey.
England brought four strikers. That's a decision Eriksson is perfectly entitled to make. He's forced to bring Owen, as he's England's most lethal player when he's on form. He has to bring Rooney, as he's worked well with Owen, and Heskey acts as an alternative player for that role. Heskey is also a reliable, hardworking player, who can play on the left if asked. That leaves his impact sub. Smith isn't prolific enough (his league goal-scoring record is worse than Heskey's), so it comes down to Vassell or Defoe. Vassell's done it for Eriksson before, while Defoe is more or less unknown at international level (one cap, played well, but didn't score.)

Wright-Phillips should have been included, but hes also untested, and he's not as versitile as Dyer or Hargreaves, who both play on the right wing too.

++ [ originally posted by cynical ] ++
I dunno if he "should be there" as the title suggests but Nicolas Anelka had a fair season with City scoring 17 goals not to mention the assests. but then again it's France NT we're talking.
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
to be honest I like Anelka. And I hate Wiltord. My, how ironic looking at the French squad.
Anelka's a huge risk. He could walk out if he's unhappy (and he's never happy), and he's played very poorly for Man City this year. He scored a lot of goals, but you know he can do that. Meanwhile Saha has had a great season, scored as many goals as him, and played really well. He is the direct replacement for Trezeguet as the point of the attack. Marlet can't do that, so that's why Saha is ahead of him.
Meanwhile, Wiltord is a flexible player, who can play on the wings, and whose temperment and quality are proven. I would have been tempted to take Marlet instead of him, but I'm not managing France, am I? :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Giumri ] ++
Don't see why DP is included. Love him, but really, considering his lack of form and of course the injury . . . oh, and choking in each of the last 3 major tournaments that he played in . . . And why not include Gila? He has played enough international matches, just not with the full NT, but so what? I think he is worth the risk since he will start out on the bench anyway. It is just typical Crap, I mean Trap. No risks, no imagination. Also, Baggio deserves a call up based on his form alone, let alone what he brings in experience and play under pressure. If Totti does not perform (as he sometimes tends to get intimidated if double-teamed or roughed up), then Baggio could come in and instill some life for the last 30 min. of a match. Big mistake by Crap, I mean Trap. It is going to be all defense, and one big mess. Oh well, let's see what happens at the World Cup (since the Euros are not happening for Italy with Crap as the coach). . .
Just Explain Me , for those who ARE attacking Del piero...

WHAT DO U WANT HIM TO DO WHEN HE DIDN'T PLAY 1 FULL MATCH IN WC 2002...what the fvck is Goin with u ALL !!!

He always Helped Italy to Qualify...He Saved Our Asses Against Mexico in 2002 , AND STILL AND STILL AND STILLL IT'S NOT ENOUGH for you Bastardsss??

Damn it !!!! Seems you Don't feel with the Player when he is Injured and when he's BACK....

Still no 1 can convince you all , Except him , WATCH the Euro !! and stop Talking BullSH!T about Del piero.... AND if You don't Like the idea he is with the NT , You can Support France or any Other teams....

Just i ask u 1 more thing : Don't forget that he Helped Italy's ASS TO QUALIFY ....Goal Against Wales from Free Kick .... Goal Againt Finland in italy also Freekick... Against Wales in Italy he also Scored with Wonderfull Game , also the Friendly with Germany he didn't score but he gave the assist ... and In finland he scored the 2nd Goal which was Really Important to the Blue Team..

WHAT DO U WANT MORE HAAAAA????

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

WHAT DO U WANT HIM TO DO WHEN HE DIDN'T PLAY 1 FULL MATCH IN WC 2002...what the fvck is Goin with u ALL !!!

He always Helped Italy to Qualify...He Saved Our Asses Against Mexico in 2002 , AND STILL AND STILL AND STILLL IT'S NOT ENOUGH for you Bastardsss??

Damn it !!!! Seems you Don't feel with the Player when he is Injured and when he's BACK....

Still no 1 can convince you all , Except him , WATCH the Euro !! and stop Talking BullSH!T about Del piero.... AND if You don't Like the idea he is with the NT , You can Support France or any Other teams....

Just i ask u 1 more thing : Don't forget that he Helped Italy's ASS TO QUALIFY ....Goal Against Wales from Free Kick .... Goal Againt Finland in italy also Freekick... Against Wales in Italy he also Scored with Wonderfull Game , also the Friendly with Germany he didn't score but he gave the assist ... and In finland he scored the 2nd Goal which was Really Important to the Blue Team..

I think you should chill ...all the guy was trying to say was his opinion, we all know that DP is a great player and always can score , but no one knows for sure that he will be in form for EURO ....
i would take him if it was my choice for this is a risk i would take just like trap is taking ....but many other coaches would prefer taking Gila ...a striker on the flare of his career and obviously on a row......personaly i wouldve taken Gila instead of Corradi ... but thats only me.
I love DP, will never forget what he did for JUVE + NT but to be objective one has to say that taken him along to Euro would be only for his history and moral he brings to the team and not his current form.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_7 ] ++

I think you should chill ...all the guy was trying to say was his opinion, we all know that DP is a great player and always can score , but no one knows for sure that he will be in form for EURO ....
i would take him if it was my choice for this is a risk i would take but many other coaches would prefer taking Gila ...a striker on the flare of his career and obviously on a row......personaly e just like trap is taking ....i wouldve taken Gila instead of Corradi ... but thats only me.
I love DP, will never forget what he did for JUVE + NT but to be objective one has to say that taken him along to Euro would be only for his history and moral he brings to the team and not his current form.
Gila doesn't Play in the same position Dp plays !

Giumri

May 19, 2004
You should chill indeed. We are just talking sports, man. I know soccer/football inspires passion (it certainly does in me), but as Juve_7 said, I am merely expressing my opinion. I might add that my opinion is not just pulled out of thin air. Some would even argue that DP's inclusion has a lot to do with Uliverti (sp?) being the sponsor of the NT (DP is their spokesperson). Of course, that is not the only reason to include him. It helps that he is a great player. But again, read my earlier post, the one that made you go ballistic, again. All I want is for Italy to win and they have lowered their chances in my opinion with this squad. Also, it would be nice if they played some attractive soccer again. Not this boring tactical defensive crap. Take Gila and Baggio . . . leave Corradi and DP at home, where they belong.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I disagree Mikhail. I agree with Denco that Sven is making big mistake in not taking Defoe or Alan Smith for that matter.
Inclusion of Owen is no brainer despite his poor season since he has proven that he can score at the highest level.
However, I wonder whether Heskey, Rooney, Darius have goals in them. Taking Smith and Defoe and hope that one of them is in good form would have been good idea IMO i.e. France and Trezeguet in the last EC.

As for France, I pity their fans because I do not think they defence is good enough to win the whole thing. Desailly is way past his prime and should have retired in the last WC, and Thuram has been very poor this year and I suspect that it is more than just mere loss of form.
Experience do matter in big tournaments, but I think France took too many inferior players for the sake of it.
And I wonder what Frey has to do to get into the French side. I also wonder how Santini judge his goalies.
Furthermore, I think Drogba deserves some recognition with his CL and UEFA Cup run.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Junhide , I might be wrong but I think Drogba plays for his country of origin Cote De Voire as he woould definitely have been chosen by France

I feel sorry for Reyes and Mista for not been chosen by Spain

Can you imagine the manager has to come out to support the inclusion of Raul, my how fickle are fans

With all due respect Mikhail but you are being way too conservative

With Michael Owen and Heskey, Liverpool have been thrash and Smith does not score enuff goals but he does link the play better

Defoe is a born goal scorer and should definitely have gone

And please do not justify Dyer's inclusion, a more over rated player on the international level , I am yet to see

Oh well only time will tell

May 4, 2004

i agree!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

fully agreed.

whoever doesnt like DP can go fuk himself :fero:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

fully agreed.

whoever doesnt like DP can go fuk himself :fero:
all of you are being idiots. who said that he dislikes ale? most of people here like juve cause of del piero. but he had a crappy season, he was injured a lot and is not worthy to represent italy this time. thats our point. i just hope he'll prove us all wrong.

now excuse my, i have to go and **** myself.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think players should be called up based on their performance in the national squad and not their club squad .. ..if players were picked at every current recent club form, coaches wont have a stable group of players to work with...club performance should only serve as an eye opener for contetion, but to be picked at the final tounament, players have to prove their suitablities to the team during the qualifying and friendlies...where risk are more controable...it would not be fair for players that busted their ass learning Traps's tactics and plays with Italy during the qualifying but left out just bcoz some youngster have a good season with Parma........ ;)

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i think players should be called up based on their performance in the national squad and not their club squad .. ..if players were picked at every current recent club form, coaches wont have a stable group of players to work with...club performance should only serve as an eye opener for contetion, but to be picked at the final tounament, players have to prove their suitablities to the team during the qualifying and friendlies...where risk are more controable...it would not be fair for players that busted their ass learning Traps's tactics and plays with Italy during the qualifying but left out just bcoz some youngster have a good season with Parma........ ;)
Good point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)