They are Europes biggest talents (2 Viewers)

erado

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Rooney is very overrated, but I really have to say that Cristiano Ronaldo is even more overrated!

Cristiano Ronaldo is really a poor player. He does a lot of tricks which are all useless and not special, and he just keeps hogging on to the ball. All Ronaldo's moves have no end product, no effectiveness at all. If anything his moves just slow down his team's offence.
He is a dirty and brainless player as well.

You all talk RIGHTFULLY about the English media hyping up players like Rooney, but I really have to say the case is exactly the same concerning Cristiano Ronaldo.

Agreed, C.Ronaldo is a poor and selfish player, he needs to do stop all those useless tricks and hopeless shots...

But still, we all know that C.Ronaldo has the potiental and tricks to become one of the best player... 1st thing 1st, like what Dominic said, he has to refine his end product first...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Rooney is very overrated, but I really have to say that Cristiano Ronaldo is even more overrated!

Cristiano Ronaldo is really a poor player. He does a lot of tricks which are all useless and not special, and he just keeps hogging on to the ball. All Ronaldo's moves have no end product, no effectiveness at all. If anything his moves just slow down his team's offence.
He is a dirty and brainless player as well.

You all talk RIGHTFULLY about the English media hyping up players like Rooney, but I really have to say the case is exactly the same concerning Cristiano Ronaldo.
:thumb: Exactly! Great post man, I've followed this forum quite a while before joining, and I'm very irritated with some of the guys in here. Andy is definitely one of them, hate the attitude.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

:rofl: :rofl: How many times have I posted this? Fred, you obviously do not read. I have said twice on this thread that I DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MEDIA. I form my own opinions by WATCHING THE PLAYERS. You are the one who buys the media shite. If I bought into the media I would be overjoyed with Rooney, just as you.
i mean you underrate Rooney cuz the media overrates him:rolleyes:.
btw,you're being hypocrital again,i mean anyone who doesnt agree with you "listens to the media too much".come on you're old enough to know that everyone has his opinion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
i mean you underrate Rooney cuz the media overrates him:rolleyes:.
btw,you're being hypocrital again,i mean anyone who doesnt agree with you "listens to the media too much".come on you're old enough to know that everyone has his opinion.
I really cannot buy that. People who read websites and papers such as the Globe, and people who do not watch all the top Leagues in the world sometimes are overcome by what the media has to say, or in other words, brainwashed. Of course you will have your own opinions, which you are entitled to have, but everybody does not have to agree with them. And just because I'm in the minority group who say there are better talents in the world does not mean my opinions are wrong as well. But you have to look at the broader image, and too many people believes what the media tells them.

Ronaldo showed the steps of improvement at the Euros, where he played for the team; back-tracked and played the ball quicker. He has improved greatly, and has more skill than Rooney, sorry to point out again.

Pintu the Great. I don't give a rat's ass if you hate my attitude. Like it or not, it's my own opinion. You can bag on me all you want, but my opinions will not change. Go and watch some football buddy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I really cannot buy that. People who read websites and papers such as the Globe, and people who do not watch all the top Leagues in the world sometimes are overcome by what the media has to say, or in other words, brainwashed. Of course you will have your own opinions, which you are entitled to have, but everybody does not have to agree with them. And just because I'm in the minority group who say there are better talents in the world does not mean my opinions are wrong as well. But you have to look at the broader image, and too many people believes what the media tells them.
what do you mean by the top leagues?if you mean the English,spanish and italian then for your information i watch all these leagues.but i dont agree that Bojinov is better than Rooney,and thats my opinion after watching both players.

Ronaldo showed the steps of improvement at the Euros, where he played for the team; back-tracked and played the ball quicker. He has improved greatly, and has more skill than Rooney, sorry to point out again.
Okoch has more skill than Shevchenko but dose that mean Okocha is better?

Mar 8, 2004
i dont think those metioned players are better than those players in juventuz squad this seasons. afterall they have been a high attacking side and they defend well too. so players mentioned above without any from juventuz are fake

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
what do you mean by the top leagues?if you mean the English,spanish and italian then for your information i watch all these leagues.but i dont agree that Bojinov is better than Rooney,and thats my opinion after watching both players.

Okoch has more skill than Shevchenko but dose that mean Okocha is better?
The "skill" I am talking about is interrelated with "talent", and Ronaldo has more of those two entities than Rooney. The rhetorical question you used above does not work, because those two players have reached their "full potential."

Well if that's your opinion, that's your opinion. I don't agree with all the hype Rooney receives, because it is unwarrented. He has talent, but as far as I can see not as much as other talents. IMO he is not the greatest talent in the world.

How many times have you seen Bojinov play? Against who?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Fred, what has Rooney done so far in the EPL, where their defences suck? Scored five or six goals. Bojinov has scored 8 or 9 goals in Serie A, where the defences are the best in the world, and that just at the age of 18. It isn't Bojinov's fault that he isn't english, so he could receive more praise. ;)

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
everyone here know that english media sucks when they overrate the players especially english ones ,, but about rooney Ericksson started all this by calling him to the National squad and played him ahead of others ,,

he is overrated big time and can't compare him to world best ever let's say for now , but the guy has talent and he needs to mature ,,, english media will destroy him as they did with owen and don't think he will develop that much.

about cristiano ronaldo , i couldn't stand the guy when he came to united he was too lazy and doing awful tricks but he has improved game after game , if anyone saw last FA cup final would know what i am talking about he has great future ahead of him , same goes for zlatan lazy slow tricks actually he looks funny when he tries them coz he is slow and huge but am sure he will develop to a quality player in the nex 2-3 years

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by erado ] ++

The Sweden media cant really judge solely on potential or skill abilities, thats where performance come into place, with Rooney and Bojinov is high up in the list.
To be fair to Rooney, his debut season has been reasonable good, a hatrick against Fenerbahce and 4 goals in 9 EPL fixtures( 2 as subs), while half of the list cant even get a couple of games.. Agreed that he may not be the best but he is good and he is England most exciting prospect. Its a great list that Chxta have and I m impress by most of them, but how times we have seen talents vanish in the game when playing in a bigger league/club or getting lesser playing time... Rooney still 19 and getting games week in week out for ManU, his future looks promising...

I never said that Rooney isn't good, I just said he is overrated. :(And I stand by my words. I think that within the current Manchester United team there are 3 better strikers: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Louis Saha and Alan Smith. Rooney has one thing going for him, and that is youthful exuberrance (ferrosity). :fero:I have watched him charge down balls that a far more experienced striker would let go, and as the second goal against Fernabche if memory serves me correctly, got lucky to go ahead and score. He is yet to experience what a particularly mean defender would do in such a situation. (The EPL doesn't seem to have anyone left in the mould of Steve Bould, Martin Keown or Gary Pallister.:sad:
I believe that you'd agree with me that England had a 'soft' group at the Euros? I'd like to see Rooney play like that against Argentina or Cameroon at the next World Cup. If he successfully pulls it off, then I'd be convinced. Or maybe we needn't wait that long. In February, I hope they get drawn against either Milan (Nesta and Stam) or Inter (Materrazzi). I'd pay a lot of money to see him run rings around those guys.:excited:
Now Erado, listen... Fergusson has a number of talents, and one of them is being a great manager. Management also involves pleasing the crowd. The Old Trafford crown want Rooney. They'd rather Rooney anytime anyday than Smith.:wallbang: Take a look at Smith's impact whenever he comes on. Wouldn't you just agree that he's a great player?
One other thing that makes a player is his ability to rise to the occassion when things aren't going his teams way. (Zidane for example, Real Madrid versus Bayer 04 Leverkussen). As we all saw against Spain in a not too friendly match recently, young Wayne simply doesn't have that. :totti:Go back to his Everton career and you'll see further evidence of that.
My prediction for Mr. Rooney... wait another four years and we'll resume this thread. THen you'll see that I'm right.
And please nobody should place Wayne and Bojinov in the same boat. They are not even from the same planet.

Agreed, M.Owen is over-rated. Nothing worth mention about him, maybe his WC98 performance.

Well I'm glad we agree on something.:D

Have you watch CL1999 games? Have u seen Beckham deliver those pinpoint crosses? :frown: He is one of the best in that department. He may not reach his best again since 1999 but he is still one of the best crosser and passer in the game. I still feel that playing wrong position worth a shout, and no offense, try putting Figo in the center. ;) Playing center is workable for Beckham but nowhere near ideal. Agreed Figo is better complete player but doesn’t mean Beckham is terrible..

Once again, you failed to get the gist of my post. I never said that Beckham was terrible. Real Madrid would not buy Usher:lick: as an example just to increase shirt sales. He has to have some value as a footballer to wear the white of the Meringues.
Having said that, we cannot analyse a player's 10 to 15 year career based on just 1999 else I'd say that Totto Schillachi's the greatest scorer ever:cool:. I said, and I repeat, Beckham's potency with crosses while he was at Manchester United was based on the fact that he had been playing with some of those boys since 'God talked to Moses', so they knew him inside out. Can you argue with the fact that Portugal's best ever team was Figo and Couto's golden generation, not Eusebio's group. Despite the fact that Eusebio's gang was probably more celebrated? If the best team based on talent won every tournament, then Eusebio and co. should have won World Cup 66, Figo and co. should have won Euro 2004, and Inter Milan should have won UCL 99 not Beckham and co. But that is just the way football is.:coolc;
Remember at Old Trafford in 99, we were a goal up in added time which should have been 2 minutes, :yuck:but Giggsy scored in the 3rd minute of added time. It is a matter of conjecture, but I maintain that had we won that game, they'd never have beaten us in Turin.:sad:
Anyways, the point is this... in that game Giggsy was the man who took the game by the scruff of the neck, like in the Bayern game 4 weeks later, not Becks, but then Giggsy's Welsh. I think that the best player of Manchester United's class of 92 is Giggs and not Beckham.
Beckham has just had some incredible good fortune. Ask the Greeks in that fateful World Cup qualifier from Old Trafford. How can someone be so fortunate? Even to something as little as where the foul was committed? Another thing going for the boy's his dedication. In the current Real Madrid set up, he's one of the least talented players, but he covers it up by an astonishing work rate:thumb: that the likes of Raul simply do not have anymore. So please... let's not bore ourselves with Beckham this... Beckham that.
By the way, in terms of crosses, I think the best player on UCL 99 was Mehmet Scholl, as evidenced in the quarter final second leg against Kaiserslauten.

Are you serious? :confused: I still rank Beckham above all others.. His freekicks may not be spectacular but it is always effective.. We have seen so many times he scored from freekicks which highlight his consistency in that.. His numbers of goals from freekicks and conversion rate is way ahead of others (not sure about Miha)...

IMO, Rooney and Beckham isnt really over-rated by their capabilities... Still, Media so often mislead us with their own match reports and match ratings of players.. Its all about seeing it urself..

:confused:Miha's way ahead of Beckham in terms of conversion I thnk. Not sure either, but I don't really remember seeing him miss more than once per game he played in. His main weakness was Veron, who later went on to plague Beckham as well. That guy:fool: never left the job to the real prefessional.

Dec 6, 2004

Pintu the Great. I don't give a rat's ass if you hate my attitude. Like it or not, it's my own opinion. You can bag on me all you want, but my opinions will not change. Go and watch some football buddy.
...and once again... This is just the attitude I meant, you think your always right, don't you?! :cheesy: To be honest, I don't think that you know a shite about football or Juventus, you hardly know a thing about Fighters or Drughi or Irriducibili or our history... The list goes on endlessly... And I know how this is going to end, your going to google some answers for me and claim that you'll always knewn those things... :cheesy:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Fred, what has Rooney done so far in the EPL, where their defences suck? Scored five or six goals. Bojinov has scored 8 or 9 goals in Serie A, where the defences are the best in the world, and that just at the age of 18. It isn't Bojinov's fault that he isn't english, so he could receive more praise. ;)
1)have you asked yourself how many games rooney played?and how many Bojinov played?
2)dont give me the crap about the defence in the serie a is this and that,look at Crespo who used to be one of the top scorers in Italy,how many goals did he get at Chelsea?look at Mutu who used to score alot in the serie a,how many did he get at Chelsea?

erado

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

I never said that Rooney isn't good, I just said he is overrated. :(And I stand by my words. I think that within the current Manchester United team there are 3 better strikers: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Louis Saha and Alan Smith. Rooney has one thing going for him, and that is youthful exuberrance (ferrosity). :fero:I have watched him charge down balls that a far more experienced striker would let go, and as the second goal against Fernabche if memory serves me correctly, got lucky to go ahead and score. He is yet to experience what a particularly mean defender would do in such a situation. (The EPL doesn't seem to have anyone left in the mould of Steve Bould, Martin Keown or Gary Pallister.:sad:
I believe that you'd agree with me that England had a 'soft' group at the Euros? I'd like to see Rooney play like that against Argentina or Cameroon at the next World Cup. If he successfully pulls it off, then I'd be convinced. Or maybe we needn't wait that long. In February, I hope they get drawn against either Milan (Nesta and Stam) or Inter (Materrazzi). I'd pay a lot of money to see him run rings around those guys.:excited:
Now Erado, listen... Fergusson has a number of talents, and one of them is being a great manager. Management also involves pleasing the crowd. The Old Trafford crown want Rooney. They'd rather Rooney anytime anyday than Smith.:wallbang: Take a look at Smith's impact whenever he comes on. Wouldn't you just agree that he's a great player?
One other thing that makes a player is his ability to rise to the occassion when things aren't going his teams way. (Zidane for example, Real Madrid versus Bayer 04 Leverkussen). As we all saw against Spain in a not too friendly match recently, young Wayne simply doesn't have that. :totti:Go back to his Everton career and you'll see further evidence of that.
My prediction for Mr. Rooney... wait another four years and we'll resume this thread. THen you'll see that I'm right.
And please nobody should place Wayne and Bojinov in the same boat. They are not even from the same planet.

I disagreed that Saha and Smith are better players than Rooney. Saha isnt the old player from Fulham anymore and Smith did nothing much in games but charging down opponents... Rooney can deliver better crosses and possess better touches than both of them.. Looking at the way that Rooney play, doesnt he shows more potiential than both Saha and Smith? Playing Rooney also gives opponents the extra fear and so far Rooney has play most games in current ManU winning streak.. P.Scholes regainning of form might be the vital reason but cant really deny Rooney has play a part in everyone of it..
Rooney broke into the football scene by scoring the last grasp winner against Arsenal at the age of 16plus, how can u said he cant rise against occassion.. Well, he maybe lucky on that, but he is still 19 years old, it would be too early to count him out.. Agreed that he might not have been tested in Euros, and even by Spanish and Itailan giants, but fyi he bowed out of Euro04 by an poor injury.. :down:
and during Rooney's Everton days, Moyes didnt play him regularly and used him most of the time as subs. and dont forget he is still 17-18 at that time ;)
And yes it might be hard to judge now, 4 years later you will see I'm right :D:D

Once again, you failed to get the gist of my post. I never said that Beckham was terrible. Real Madrid would not buy Usher:lick: as an example just to increase shirt sales. He has to have some value as a footballer to wear the white of the Meringues.
Having said that, we cannot analyse a player's 10 to 15 year career based on just 1999 else I'd say that Totto Schillachi's the greatest scorer ever:cool:. I said, and I repeat, Beckham's potency with crosses while he was at Manchester United was based on the fact that he had been playing with some of those boys since 'God talked to Moses', so they knew him inside out. Can you argue with the fact that Portugal's best ever team was Figo and Couto's golden generation, not Eusebio's group. Despite the fact that Eusebio's gang was probably more celebrated? If the best team based on talent won every tournament, then Eusebio and co. should have won World Cup 66, Figo and co. should have won Euro 2004, and Inter Milan should have won UCL 99 not Beckham and co. But that is just the way football is.:coolc;
Remember at Old Trafford in 99, we were a goal up in added time which should have been 2 minutes, :yuck:but Giggsy scored in the 3rd minute of added time. It is a matter of conjecture, but I maintain that had we won that game, they'd never have beaten us in Turin.:sad:
Anyways, the point is this... in that game Giggsy was the man who took the game by the scruff of the neck, like in the Bayern game 4 weeks later, not Becks, but then Giggsy's Welsh. I think that the best player of Manchester United's class of 92 is Giggs and not Beckham.
Beckham has just had some incredible good fortune. Ask the Greeks in that fateful World Cup qualifier from Old Trafford. How can someone be so fortunate? Even to something as little as where the foul was committed? Another thing going for the boy's his dedication. In the current Real Madrid set up, he's one of the least talented players, but he covers it up by an astonishing work rate:thumb: that the likes of Raul simply do not have anymore. So please... let's not bore ourselves with Beckham this... Beckham that.
By the way, in terms of crosses, I think the best player on UCL 99 was Mehmet Scholl, as evidenced in the quarter final second leg against Kaiserslauten.

oh.. okay, my wrong.. ur words making him sounds terrible ;) Agreed that R.Madrid shouldnt have bought him with almightly Figo still around.. Its just another jesery-selling stratergy...
Its truth that the team that won the tournement isnt the best team.. just like we lost at 02/03 CL final and Nedved winning the Golden Ball ahead of Milan players :p
I just used 1999 as it is one of the best year to highlight Beckham and ManU success, before that, Beckham have won numerous of trophies with ManU... U might feel that Giggs is the best player of Class 92, but that doesnt take anything away from Beckham, he has been the one holding ManU right flanks for years..
incredible good fortune? :LOL: on his life? yes! making big bucks by kicking a ball, good-looking, popular, married spice-girl... cant get fortunate than that :p:p

:confused:Miha's way ahead of Beckham in terms of conversion I thnk. Not sure either, but I don't really remember seeing him miss more than once per game he played in. His main weakness was Veron, who later went on to plague Beckham as well. That guy:fool: never left the job to the real prefessional.

hmm.. anyway 2nd best can't be that bad ;)

erado

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

People are starting to recongise Bojinov, dont u agreed? and remeber he just made his mark starting this season, while Rooney has been in the scene 3 years from now and played in Euro04...

and then, what i am afraid that is Bojinov might become another DiVaio or Miccoli, a great prospect but never had the chance to become great.. :down:

I never had the chance to see Chevanton played, can anyone make a comparsion between Bojinov and him???

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

2)dont give me the crap about the defence in the serie a is this and that,look at Crespo who used to be one of the top scorers in Italy,how many goals did he get at Chelsea?look at Mutu who used to score alot in the serie a,how many did he get at Chelsea?
this i absolutely cannot agree with.

lots of players fail to do well in a league/team because they fail to adjust into their environments,their prime is past etc.

i have no doubt that crespo likes it better in italy,perhaps because he's used to the lifestyle and language.at chelsea he was subjected to mindless rotation,as he was at inter the two seasons before.he did badly on those occaisions.at lazio and now milan,he's had better form and looks noticeably happier,with more playing chances and a consolidated place in the team.

mutu practically tore the epl apart for the first few weeks until he was similarly meaninglessly rotated by claudio "the tinkerman" ranieri. his form went downhill too.

what i'm trying to say is that many factors determine a player's performances,not only the quality of their opposition.

and btw,i find it amazing that you claim to watch the epl,la liga and serie a and still say that our english counterparts can defend better than us.it really makes me doubt if you know what a good defence is supposed to look like.or maybe your definition of having watched all three leagues is something to the tune of 3 matches a season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)