The Wrestling thread (5 Viewers)

OP
Xperd

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #382
    Punk managed to create two of the biggest moments in wrestling history for two different companies.

Like him or hate him, you can call him toxic, cancer and all that but he's a massive draw. 70M+ views across all platforms for WWE. Unprecedented.

Can't help but feel Punk's run at AEW is eerily similar to Ronaldo's stint at JJ. A single person alone cannot elevate a company to another level. You need to have a competent management and a great support system which AEW lacks and JJ lacked.

Punk under WWE supervision is probably going to have a far better run than his AEW run even though he's well past his best.

@Mark

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    This

WWE has been on absolute fire since Mania last year. Signing Punk is just another way to piss all over the clueless Tony Khan and AEW losers.
    It had been years since i'v been following WWE but nowdays it feels like it's actually decent product. I'v watched last manias only, but nowdays i see myself more and more following what's going on weekly basis around WWE.

I think AEW works fine alongside WWE just like back in the day with monday night wars. Competition and another platform is nothing but opportunity for performers and other companies to outperform eachothers.

OP
    Xperd

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #387
    Punk is one of the GOAT's. WM40 is going to be epic. Hopefully Austin and Punk is ON for now.
    Nah. Austin can't move. Punk doesn't have the legs either. This is going to be another Goldberg-Taker level match and no one would be interested in another abomination of a match like these two had.

They're quite obviously building up to Rollins-Punk for night 1 of Mania and they'll probably build up to Reigns-Punk later next year. Reigns-Punk has to happen at some point for sure.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Nah. Austin can't move. Punk doesn't have the legs either. This is going to be another Goldberg-Taker level match and no one would be interested in another abomination of a match like these two had.

They're quite obviously building up to Rollins-Punk for night 1 of Mania and they'll probably build up to Reigns-Punk later next year. Reigns-Punk has to happen at some point for sure.
    Rock vs Hogan wm18 was still a great match even the wrestling itself wasn't that good. It's those moments and when two giants collide that creates the spectacle. Punk vs Austin at wm40 with all the possible build up and everything would be epic. Im sure Austin can still go enough and Punk is still having great matches even he's getting older. Rollins vs Punk just doesn't feel right. Rollins isn't that big of a star to waste the main event on the anniversary show of the wrestlemania. I'd book all the possible names to that mania to make it the greatest mania of all time. If Rock is willing to come back as well, it could be something like:

Austin vs Punk
    Rock vs Roman
    Cody vs La Knight for the title
    Rollins vs Orton
    Logan vs Cena

Then there's those newer names, Usos, judgement day and of course The beast himself in Brock Lesnar.

I'd definitely not waste Rollins for Punk. Austin vs Punk is one of those dream matches that needs to happen.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    It had been years since i'v been following WWE but nowdays it feels like it's actually decent product. I'v watched last manias only, but nowdays i see myself more and more following what's going on weekly basis around WWE.

I think AEW works fine alongside WWE just like back in the day with monday night wars. Competition and another platform is nothing but opportunity for performers and other companies to outperform eachothers.
    AEW was dead in the water the moment Vince stopped writing/owning WWE. The main reasons why smarks pretended/pretend to like AEW was because they just wanted WWE to be better. Now with Vince gone and smark favourite Triple H running creative, AEW has lost the reason for its existence. It’s basically the new WCW/TNA a distant second. Their recent crowd and rating numbers have been absolutely abysmal.

Last edited:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    what I hate is idiots wanting one company gone and only their fav to exist. Just enjoy wrestling. If you don't like one that's fair. Wrestling fans are the worst. Some complain and shit on AEW more than they talk about WWE. JUST STOP WATCHING!
    I love wrestling in general, from WWE, AEW, NJPW to GCW and fucking shows with 25 drunk morons in a church basement.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    what I hate is idiots wanting one company gone and only their fav to exist. Just enjoy wrestling. If you don't like one that's fair. Wrestling fans are the worst. Some complain and shit on AEW more than they talk about WWE. JUST STOP WATCHING!
    I love wrestling in general, from WWE, AEW, NJPW to GCW and fucking shows with 25 drunk morons in a church basement.
    Exactly. Wrestling is wrestling, no matter where. I love the history of it and all the controversies through the years.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    agreed but ffs roman title reign needs to end. and i say that as someone who enjoys the bloodline and heel reigns.

also this whole title reigns only change at wrestelmania thing need to end too. bring back unpredictability and credibility to your other big ppvs

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    agreed but ffs roman title reign needs to end. and i say that as someone who enjoys the bloodline and heel reigns.

also this whole title reigns only change at wrestelmania thing need to end too. bring back unpredictability and credibility to your other big ppvs
    I hope Roman retains at Mania 40 just to make the neckbeard smarks in the IWC even more mad lmao

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    I hope Roman retains at Mania 40 just to make the neckbeard smarks in the IWC even more mad lmao
    Tbh i'v been laughing at that too. Even tho i follow wrestling, i don't give that belt any value at all at this point. It's funny af to see all these people lose their shit over Roman and those +1000 days as a champ.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    I just hope that they won't make Rollins lose his belt to Punk. It's a weird feud too since both are faces. I don't think it will work longterm. Like this night both were cheered and the public seemed to be more and more confused the longer the segment went. I hope they turn Punk asap and just embrace his true cancer personality.

edit: I find it funny how they made Punk apologize in the ring for leaving 10 years ago :lol:. It's so obviously out of character that I cringed a little.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Punk-Rollins is going to make a ton of money if they do this right.

And they can't have Punk win the belt at Mania. That needs to be reserved for Cody against Reigns. If anything, Punk should put Rollins over as an all time great at WM40. It's the right thing to do. If Punk is serious about having changed, I can't think of anything better

- - - Updated - - -

He’s great.

Needs to end up in WWE tho if he wants to become an all-time great. Big fish in a small pond in AEW.
    He could be this generations Ric Flair. The type of guy you either truly Hate or love. He's already shown that he can be a top.flight face or heel. Not many can do that, and make it believeable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)