The worlds biggest little band: The white stripes! (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Hey...

What do you all think of the white stipes??

i think they are total kick ass. :D Elephant is one of the best albums ever.. its all good by them! did u also know it was made in a week?:D

My fav song by them is 'youve got her in ur pocket'

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    they are great! there must be more fans out there!

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    i like 4 of theirs songs
    1. Dead leaves and the dirty ground - my personal favorite
    2. Seven nation army
    3. The hardest botton to botton - my bf's favorite
    4. Fell inlove with a girl - it's so short you can't even call it a song but i still like it

the rest i really don't like .....
    but these 4 songs are awesome... and i really respect how they always use the minimum .......... only 2 members and just 2 or 3 instruments

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ouch.:( come on these guys are sooo cool :D

Aug 1, 2003
    lol

I don't know, their music is ok. it's not bad or anything. but that music don't deserve that much hype IMO.. again in the end it comes down to taste.

btw - jack and meg white right ? - married ? divorced ? siblings? :confused:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    lol

I don't know, their music is ok. it's not bad or anything. but that music don't deserve that much hype IMO.. again in the end it comes down to taste.

Brother and Sister.

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    lol

brother and sister

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    yes. they're overrated and i find it incredibly irritating.
    I'm with Salihah on this one.

Are we so desperate for a quality flashback to three-chord guitar rock that these guys are annointed as saviors and god's gift to music?

I like them, but please spare the hyperbole.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    lol

They wont tell anyone, so brother sister what everyone says is just speculation.

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    here is what i found:
    their real names - John Anthony Gillis ( Detroit, Michigan, USA ) and Megan Martha White ( Detroit, Michigan, USA )

"The Whites, variously assumed to be husband and ex-wife or brother and sister, but both denied, formed their new band in 1997. Judging from their facial looks it initially seemed likely the duo were brother and sister, but the matter was confused by Jack White stating that the couple were once married and the posting of a marriage license and divorce certificate on the Internet. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)