The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
Matri and Quag are good enough as our strikers next season if we get excellent fullbacks and a left winger. We can after that buy a world class SS and rotate Quag with him. That's the best way to go imo.

I also really like Quag because of his heart and passion.
But all three are gonna cost dough, would rather sign a world class SS than spend money on non-world class attackers. How much are Quag and Matri each?

Jul 1, 2010
But all three are gonna cost dough, would rather sign a world class SS than spend money on non-world class attackers. How much are Quag and Matri each?
Matri and Quag will cost 25 M together. That's not even Aguero's full cost, which will be between 35 and 45 M euros.

Buying Matri and Quag, 2 excellent fullbacks and an excellent left winger IS the way to go.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Then why would we spend 65-70million on three strikers, unless we've got the supposed "150-200million"
That's just it.

They Can't spend that much on the strikers, especially when that is not the primary area of need.

I know there are people here that shiver at the possibility of a Quag-Matri partnership up front. I, however, am not one of them.

I think that they could do rather well provided that they have the proper players on the flanks to provide service.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Aguero is the sort of player who could win games on his lonesome, though. That's why it would be amazing to sign someone like him.
There are several far more presing areas of need, though Andy. I'm not discounting his skills or his talent, as I am a big fan of his.

But.................................you've seen the fullbacks and the left wingers, right?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@Anders: sure he could score a goal or two. But what good is it, if the lead cant be held.
What good is it if we can't score goals?

It works both ways. We definitely need to upgrade the defense, but you can't pass on players like Aguero. He can change games in our favor much like Zlatan does for all his teams. Milan has garbage players on the sides of the pitch but a lot of quality through the middle, and that got them the Scudetto. Quality is what we lack, so that's what we need to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)