The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Boys, Villas Boas should top just about any chart you can draw. The man is a great coach in the making and Juventus is not going to challenge for titles any sooner. Let him build his team!!! :flag3:
The next best thing should be Van Gaal , just for his record. Then DD and so on ...
Quite frankly I am a little worried that nobody knows if we signed Pirlo or not? That is kind of scary! He won't be a backup so it should be important - somebody ask Morotta a question? Or the Agnelli wonna-be...

PP: That is unless we can get Mourinho. Which is impossible even for a :spliff: like me!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Uh huh, I'm sure he doesn't hold a candle to the superior Italian managers of Del Neri, Mazzarri, et cetera.

Lets just stick with the old farts of the Italian game, that'll do us well in the long run. :pado:
i never said we should stick with mediocre managers, neither did i say that i wouldn't consider VB, however what i am saying is that between the other 3 potential candidates - van gaal, villas boas, Deschamps - DD is the one i have the least concern with

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm saying its a risk. What if we risk it and fail another season? Or would it be better to go safe and rebuild?
Depends on what you mean by "go safe."

If that entails hiring Capello again, then you aren't going for the "rebuilding" option. You're going for silverware next season, albeit with a farce of a squad compared to 2005.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Depends on what you mean by "go safe."

If that entails hiring Capello again, then you aren't going for the "rebuilding" option. You're going for silverware next season, albeit with a farce of a squad compared to 2005.
No, I'd want Deschamps over any available manager right now. He's a great coach, he's been in Serie A before, and he may have connections with some class French players.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
No, I'd want Deschamps over any available manager right now. He's a great coach, he's been in Serie A before, and he may have connections with some class French players.
well technically speaking he's only been in Serie A as a player, not a manager. But what i like him is that he has the balance of his modern ideas, as well as being fairly experienced and successful in the meantime.

Apr 17, 2009
Only reason I could see Capello resigning for is maybe he's not too impressed with Lord Triesman's allegations and doesn't want to be associated with it.

Either way, if the chance to get Capello comes along he should easily be 1st choice. DD second. VG, VB, Conte, etc.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Del Piero and Buffon, yes. They need to stay

Chiellini, not so much.

There are defenders of his level that can be had for a good fee. Especially if Real Madrid are so hard up for him. They will gladly pay over market value for him
Why do you feel that way? I think more than Chiellini being just an above average defender, he's a natural leader and fits into the fabric of this team in a way others would perhaps struggle to do. Infact, he seems like the only player with any long term value at this club, along with Marchisio. I wouldn't sell him at any price, instead id build my defense around him, coz he does such a great job of keeping it together.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Only reason I could see Capello resigning for is maybe he's not too impressed with Lord Triesman's allegations and doesn't want to be associated with it.

Either way, if the chance to get Capello comes along he should easily be 1st choice. DD second. VG, VB, Conte, etc.
IMO, DD should come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)