The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so you are saying we "loaned" is just way of sayign we "bought"? that makes no sense. all our other deals like Krasic, Bonucci and Martinez are structured deals payed over a few years.

the reason Quag and Pepe cost so much is because they are current azzuri players that is all. t

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
so you are saying we "loaned" is just way of sayign we "bought"? that makes no sense. all our other deals like Krasic, Bonucci and Martinez are structured deals payed over a few years.

the reason Quag and Pepe cost so much is because they are current azzuri players that is all. t
I agree that they are not definite because of the loan terminology and aspect of the deals, but don't be surprised to see most of those players staying with us. I don't see us turning over another 5/6 players next season to replace those players mentioned. Only maybe Motta and Aquilani, pending form and injuries.

I didn't read about any buyout clause for Traoré, just a loan fee, I just recall people going nuts that we are 'Arsenal's Siena' for loaning him to us with no clause. I could be wrong there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You know these deals in detail? I'm sure you'll see that the 'loan' aspect of them is nonsense, it's a way of structuring the payment. Who pays €4.5m for a one year loan of Quagliarella, or €2.6m for Pepe? These guys don't speak as if they are on loan deals, they are now Juventus players, because that's the deals. Can you imagine Quagliarella going back to Napoli after their comments? :lol:
Quagliarella's case might be different and the huge 4.5m eur for the loan might be exactly because there is no clear agreement that we will buy him next summer.

Quagliarella was a last second purchase, made only because we failed to get some 3 players or so. We failed with Dzeko, Boriello rejected us and Di Natale rejected us too. We needed a 4th attacker and only by the end of the mercato we went with choice D, which was Quagliarella. Panic buy. It would be a little silly to make this a "must buy".

Anyway, post-Calciopoli Juve already had cases like these ones where we had rights to buy players on loan to Juve and we didn't execute that right.
Knezevic was a 700 000 loan with rights to buy for 1.5m, Stendardo was a 400 000 loan with rights to buy for 12m eur and Caceres was another one we had rights to buy for 11+1m eur (dunno if we paid for the loan or we just paid his wages).

In any case, you might very well be right but the silliness in making these loan deals "must buy"'s is too big to be true. No-one could and can predict what is Juve going to do this season. These aren't the old times where with a 99% certainty one could say that CL is guaranteed. Our team might miss out on Europe and, from the August perspective, the team we created could have done terribly this year. If the loan deals are actual buys, then we did nothing but made sure that we will not only have to keep this team, but also pay 30-40m eur in the summer to keep the players we now have on loan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Quagliarella's case might be different and the huge 4.5m eur for the loan might be exactly because there is no clear agreement that we will buy him next summer.

Quagliarella was a last second purchase, made only because we failed to get some 3 players or so. We failed with Dzeko, Boriello rejected us and Di Natale rejected us too. We needed a 4th attacker and only by the end of the mercato we went with choice D, which was Quagliarella. Panic buy. It would be a little silly to make this a "must buy".

Anyway, post-Calciopoli Juve already had cases like these ones where we had rights to buy players on loan to Juve and we didn't execute that right.
Knezevic was a 700 000 loan with rights to buy for 1.5m, Stendardo was a 400 000 loan with rights to buy for 12m eur and Caceres was another one we had rights to buy for 11+1m eur (dunno if we paid for the loan or we just paid his wages).

In any case, you might very well be right but the silliness in making these loan deals "must buy"'s is too big to be true. No-one could and can predict what is Juve going to do this season. These aren't the old times where with a 99% certainty one could say that CL is guaranteed. Our team might miss out on Europe and, from the August perspective, the team we created could have done terribly this year. If the loan deals are actual buys, then we did nothing but made sure that we will not only have to keep this team, but also pay 30-40m eur in the summer to keep the players we now have on loan.
Knezevic and Stendardo are poor examples, as they were basically stop gaps. Very small loan fees also. Caceres I expected us to sign, but then we changed everything....

I could be completely wrong here, but I don't see these players just being discarded as quickly as they arrived.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't see us paying a club 4.5m to loan a player for a year with an option to buy and NOT take the option to buy him. 4.5m is a lot to give a club to just loan a player. I am speaking of Quag of course.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's basically my thinking, but it could work the other way.

Napoli paid ~€18m for him.
One year later (and less on his contract) they sell to Juve (late, as Alen mentioned) for €4.5m + €10.5m clause = €16m.
If we don't buy him initially, does his value go to above €10.5m again? It seems like part of the deal. I'm pretty sure Napoli would sell him for more, so what did we pay €4.5m for? Is that how much his ability is worth over a season?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's basically my thinking, but it could work the other way.

Napoli paid ~€18m for him.
One year later (and less on his contract) they sell to Juve (late, as Alen mentioned) for €4.5m + €10.5m clause = €16m.
If we don't buy him initially, does his value go to above €10.5m again? It seems like part of the deal. I'm pretty sure Napoli would sell him for more, so what did we pay €4.5m for? Is that how much his ability is worth over a season?
I don't know, I just don't know. I wish Byrone was here, he knows everything.:boh:

If we don't make CL and we don't take an option to buy him then that 4.5m was a complete waste of money and waste of our time. So it would seem that we would take our option, but then again it's just a loan too...so wtf?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In your face old maths teacher who said I was wasting my time drawing instead!
Anyway, 10-12m eur might actually be the maximum price Napoli could get for him in the summer if Juve don't buy him and they want to sell him.

They seriously overpaid for him and now after proving that he's an average striker (this is still a subject of change), 10-12m will be the best they can expect to get for a soon to be 29 year old (He will turn 29 at the middle of next season).

Also, having in mind that Napoli have enough quality attackers and Quag is one of the highest paid players there (or the highest paid?), they might actually let him go even for cheaper.

4.5m eur for loan is indeed too much, but we were choiceless and forced to overpay like that.
15m eur for Quag is also too much, but this time we won't be without a choice. If we pay the remaining 10.5m for Quag, we will:
- Not be able to sell him for more, even if we immediately try to sell him.
- Fill the SS position and go on for one more season with Quag and a 37 year old Del Piero.

Not really logical and not a bright prospect.
Unless Quag wins over us and deserves Juve to pay the 10.5m eur.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Anyway, 10-12m eur might actually be the maximum price Napoli could get for him in the summer if Juve don't buy him and they want to sell him.

They seriously overpaid for him and now after proving that he's an average striker (this is still a subject of change), 10-12m will be the best they can expect to get for a soon to be 29 year old (He will turn 29 at the middle of next season).

Also, having in mind that Napoli have enough quality attackers and Quag is one of the highest paid players there (or the highest paid?), they might actually let him go even for cheaper.

4.5m eur for loan is indeed to much, but we were choiceless and forced to overpay like that.
15m eur for Quag is also too much, but this time we won't be without a choice. If we pay the remaining 10.5m for Quag, we will:
- Not be able to sell him for more, even if we immediately try to sell him.
- Fill the SS position and go on for one more season with Quag and a 37 year old Del Piero.

Not really logical and not a bright prospect.
Unless Quag wins over us and deserves Juve to pay the 10.5m eur.
Bottom line is we need to stop overpaying for average crappy strikers because it gets us no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)