The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
did you see goals villa scores?

he can create chances both for himself and his teammates. perfect little striker that can operate wether playing possession football or counter attacking direct football because of his pace.

amauri is not a player that does this.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004

he can create chances both for himself and his teammates. perfect little striker that can operate wether playing possession football or counter attacking direct football because of his pace.

But Amauri is Carvalho de Oliveira while Villa is just David.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
And he can play both sides. :D
How could I've missed that? :D

I've seen him play several times. Of course he can create by himself, which sadly none of our strikers can. At Valencia he has Silva, Mata, Banega, etc. backing him up which suits his style perfectly well because of their speed. Here, our football is much slower and we don't have those kind of players which can open up spaces for him to run and create chances, maybe except Diego.

Villa is obviously a world class player, but we can't afford such a player when we basically need other players in different positions. As you said, we could only have afforded him with the money we spent on 3 players. So covering 3 positions for the same amount is better at the time being, since unfortunately we're still in the rebuilding process .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
no you missed my point.

we wasted money on amauri, and a not needed player in both poulsen and melo. it was basically money down the drain when we could have gotten villa instead.

i'm talking about last 2 seasons

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
When we got Poulsen, at CM we only had Zanetti, Sissoko and Marchisio IIRC. We still needed another one for the 4-4-2. Melo replaced Zanetti and Amauri was needed as we only had 3 strikers.

If you think they were overpriced then that's a different story though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah but we needed not poulsen and as you know the goal was a playmaker like xabi, instead we got another dm.

then it was melo we bought and for a ridiculous price when we refused to pay a lower amount for another playmker midfielder in agostino.

fucking ridiculous decisions

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
yeah but we needed not poulsen and as you know the goal was a playmaker like xabi, instead we got another dm.

then it was melo we bought and for a ridiculous price when we refused to pay a lower amount for another playmker midfielder in agostino.

fucking ridiculous decisions
Everyone knows what happened back then. We needed a playmaker and yet we still need a playmaker. But Poulsen or not, we needed another player for that position.

Melo had a 25M release clause on his contract. We couldn't have paid anything less than that. Udinese were playing hard ball for a one season wonder, which I'm glad we didn't get finally.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
no you missed my point.

we wasted money on amauri, and a not needed player in both poulsen and melo. it was basically money down the drain when we could have gotten villa instead.

i'm talking about last 2 seasons
we would have never gotten villa...
anyway, you complain about poulsen and melo.... would you have played villa in midfield?

btw any links with a cm these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)