The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
no need to hope for that, Ale is a guaranteed performer...it's up to the players around him to improve their performance.
Yeah I was more meaning in terms of injuries cuz it seems when he plays twice a week he gets injured but, in seasons where he plays once a week he stays healthy. Ale is always good when fit so i am justh oping he stays that way next season.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:lol: You can't have it your way Ahmed :p Would you be ok with the deal if we acquire the 3 aforementioned players but at the expense of losing the latter 3? Would you give the deal the go ahead?
in that case, Yes...those 3 are easily the most exciting young talents in world football, couldn't say no to that.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
if dzeko needs anything than its a diego... i don't think it would be a good idea to let go of diego...
dzeko is a great striker but he needs someone who feeds him...like misimovic does at wolfsburg.
i doubted dzeko last year where he had a great season but he was only 22 and could have been a one season wonder. (cause magath was there and everything went great for them) but after such a difficult season and still being the top scorer in germany that really does mean something.....(and he had some good games in the cl too)
if we are going to play a straight 4-4-2 than maybe we should go for a pure poacher like trez but if we fing a free role for diego in the squad i think dzeko would be the perferct striker

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
if dzeko needs anything than its a diego... i don't think it would be a good idea to let go of diego...
dzeko is a great striker but he needs someone who feeds him...like misimovic does at wolfsburg.
i doubted dzeko last year where he had a great season but he was only 22 and could have been a one season wonder. (cause magath was there and everything went great for them) but after such a difficult season and still being the top scorer in germany that really does mean something.....(and he had some good games in the cl too)
if we are going to play a straight 4-4-2 than maybe we should go for a pure poacher like trez but if we fing a free role for diego in the squad i think dzeko would be the perferct striker
:agree:

I'm ok with him leaving just in one case, that is il Kun coming...

Geof

May 14, 2004
Re timing of the transfers.

Let's not forget our horrible season forces us to play the third qualifying round of the Europa League. This means that we start playing competitive football on 29 July 2010 (i.e. a month earlier than usual). It will be important that we can bring a well prepared team to that match as a bad result there could mean no European football at all.

It's therefore good that we get at least the major part of the team ready before that date. We can still make a couple of moves in August, but the core of the team needs to be ready by 29 July.

I think Marotta takes this into account. We appear to be one of the most active teams in Europe in the early transfer period, and that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)