The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think we are completely over complicating our current situation. Our strikers are just not scoring the way they have in the last 2 seasons. Last year and the year before that everyone was scoring, this year it's definitely not the case. We are years behind Inter unfortunately. With a completely depleted offense they still win 5-0. Our offense is nearly full strength and we tie.

I am not so worried about our LB situation as some here are. We can NOT go on using Grygera. I know some people (most people) are skeptical of Caceres but come on, let's be honest here. He has got to be better than Grygera can ever hope to aspire to be.

It is unfortunately clear now that in order to fix what we need to be a complete team "interesque" is going to be highly expensive. I think once we get a striker that is a natural goal scorer ala Torres/Villa mold whose style is like no other will help us out immensely. IMO there are 4 kinds of strikers. 1.) bench/backup, 2.) workers, 3.) finishers, 4.) do-it-alls. When I say do it all I mean a player that works his ass off, can finish his chances, and has a style all his own that is a nightmare to mark. That is why I picked villa/torres because they IMO fit the mold of something we need. I am not saying go after one of them, but to find a striker like that would be priceless. Amauri/IQ can work sooo hard but if their is no end product it's just a waste of burnt calories.

Our midfield is good. Don't change it unless we had a type of midfielder that is box-to-box. As much as i wanted a regista this summer I am happy with what we have. Our midfield is the least of our worries by far. You could tell Sissoko just lacked that burst of speed but once he gets his sharpness back and by God if we can keep a healthy midfield our center 3 will be absolutely deadly.

Ugh...our defense. Where do i start? Gryera...i hate him so much i don't even feel like spelling his name right. Where the hell is Zebina? I mean we see him a game and he looks fine the poof he is gone for 3 weeks. We need a RB and my vote goes down to two of Rafinha and my favorite Srna. Center back Kjaer and that is the ONLY CB I want...no one else. He is young, intelligent, dare I say brilliant and has an air about him that just screams class. The "kids" positioning is brilliant. I mean damn if he can read a game as well as he does now can you imagine what he will be doing in 5-6 years?? Chiellini is still learning, but lets be honest he will never lead a back line, he will always be the destroyer of the defense but I don't see him directing 3 other defenders and still know what "he" has to do. 3 defenders is not going to be easy, that is why I am saying our LB is fine. I think Criscito will do great...fuck the haters/doubters. And DC...fuck those doubters/haters too. We had(have) two gems waiting to shine and we go for a grosso.

At the end of the day our next mercato is going to be much more expensive than this summer. We layed the solid groundwork for a super structure but we still have a ways to go. I think if we could spend the money this winter and get Dzeko our second half of the season will be so much stronger. Summer is when we spend our entire budget on defense.

I get tired of guessing numbers but here goes again:

Out:
poulsen 7m
tiago 7m
grygera 5m
zebina 4m
legro 4m
trez 7m

total: 34m

In:
kjaer:15m
Srna: 18m
dzeko: 25m
Criscito: 7m

Total: 66m - 34m (from sales) = 32m...not fucking bad at all.

that way we have a new CB plus Ariaudo as backup to replace Legro. We have a new RB srna and perhaps Caceres will stay. And whatever happens with Grosso/De Ceglie we would have Cricsito back. That is 8 defenders for the defense.

In attack we get a great young player to replace a legend. Large shoes filled. Hell, at this point I am even up for selling either Amauri or Iaquinta. PLUS we have Giovinco who simply needs to transition into DP's role. I am not sure what the hell the delay is for that but it needs to happen.

We get these players IMO our problems are solved and the 4312 will succeed. But only until then, right now I think with the players we have the 4231 will be the best.

To be the best we need to have the best (or close to it). The Poulsens and the Tiagos and the Gryeras and Grossos won't give us that. All you need to do is watch Inter. Their two best strikers can sit comfortably in the stands and watch their team beat a strong challenging team 5-0 while they watch us on the jumbo tron struggling to last 10 mins before conceding a goal. Unfortunately Calciopoli set us back years. Right now you can see that as clear as day.

I agree with alot Dusan said, though I am not the "transfer guru" so I don't think anyone will read this anyways.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wouldn't sell both Grygera and Zebina. We'll be without a backup. And I don't think Trez will fetch 7M.

Your picks are good, however. Kjaer and Srna I like a lot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'll read that tomorrow. It'd better be worth it.
my posts are always worth it. and don't your forget it you irish man:)
I wouldn't sell both Grygera and Zebina. We'll be without a backup. And I don't think Trez will fetch 7M.

Your picks are good, however. Kjaer and Srna I like a lot.
that's why I hate guessing numbers because I am usually off. I sold both RB's because I figured we would keep Caceres.

I think it's do able...more importantly I think it's necessary.

And thinks for being the first to read the entire thing andy :touched:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
that's why I hate guessing numbers because I am usually off. I sold both RB's because I figured we would keep Caceres.

I think it's do able...more importantly I think it's necessary.
Like I said, I'll read it all tomorrow but do you mean we'll keep him after this season? I really don't think that'll happen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Like I said, I'll read it all tomorrow but do you mean we'll keep him after this season? I really don't think that'll happen.
Do you think we will still keep both Grygera and Zebina after this season? How many people in the stadium pull a :sergio: or grit their teeth whenever the ball comes close to Grygera?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ye no way we will keep caceres

lets just please get kjaer, maybe motta or another rb

im sure we will see a rb in the next transfer market.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No. I think we'll Keep Zebina as back up and sign a new RB. (so get rid of Grygera and Cackeres.)
Two things: 1.) the first period (.) after RB should have gone after your last parenthesis. 2.) what you had in parenthesis is a sentence fragment and negates the need for a period (.) which if was correct the first time around would already have had one in the right place.

I'm just throwing that out there....

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Two things: 1.) the first period (.) after RB should have gone after your last parenthesis. 2.) what you had in parenthesis is a sentence fragment and negates the need for a period (.) which if was correct the first time around would already have had one in the right place.

I'm just throwing that out there....

I know.

The bit that ended up in parenthesis was something of a post script added at the last moment. It's almost 5am and I was too lazy to sort it out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I know.

The bit that ended up in parenthesis was something of a post script added at the last moment. It's almost 5am and I was too lazy to sort it out.
I really don't understand how you are somehow still up when I am tired myself...its like this every night Curr.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Amauri is too heavy we need someone to replace him
Iaquinta could have been one of the best if he only knew how to put the ball in the net
Trez he finishes well but you wouldn`t notice he is on the pitch if he is not scoring

We need someone who is a good finisher and also not as heavy as Amauri
L.Fabiano could be nice but he is not the only striker in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)