The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (149 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I've seen him play a couple times, obviously not enough, but a guy who is already 27, with just a few French caps, and still at Rennes seems a bit suspect to me.

Much rather go for Lichty.
Fanni you would say that, considering Lichtsteiner was signed from a french mid table team for a bargain, same for Sagna too, pretty similar scenario for them to the one you are dismissing Fanni for.

Just saying, its likely one year away from now, if or when is in a bigger club in a bigger league, you will say like you did with Licht, "much rather go for Fanni". Just saying, dont dismiss too soon.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fanni you would say that, considering Lichtsteiner was signed from a french mid table team for a bargain, same for Sagna too, pretty similar scenario for them to the one you are dismissing Fanni for.

Just saying, its likely one year away from now, if or when is in a bigger club in a bigger league, you will say like you did with Licht, "much rather go for Fanni". Just saying, dont dismiss too soon.
Eh, whatever. Those players went to bigger clubs at earlier ages for a reason. I don't see much of a point in making an investment in someone turning 28 and is a supposed "late bloomer". He's like Luca Toni except even worse.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I don't care. Lets look at someone younger and probably better.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
and also the more expensive one.. I've never seen Fanni playing so I prefer Rafinha, Kjaer and bring "the infidel" back (how much I've heared this word playing Assassin's Creed :D)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
How is he a DM though? His ball winning capabilities aren't special, he's a decent tackler, but not special there either. He plays deep, but is not really a DM. I'd say him and Pirlo are similar players, with maybe Pirlo being more skillful and dynamic.
i would say there are 2 differing types of Dm nowadays, the role has evolved massively since the day of Deschamps and the "water carrier" i would say that deep playmaker role is still defensively influenced but both Alonso and Pirlo can influence a game massively offensively from taht deep role, push them further forward and they would struggle, i doubt whether either could play the classic no10 role

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i would say there are 2 differing types of Dm nowadays, the role has evolved massively since the day of Deschamps and the "water carrier" i would say that deep playmaker role is still defensively influenced but both Alonso and Pirlo can influence a game massively offensively from taht deep role, push them further forward and they would struggle, i doubt whether either could play the classic no10 role
Hasn't Pirlo recently played much better further forward with Italy?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, especially Alonso he cannot play further up the pitch. But still, you can't really compare him to De Rossi, Essien, Masch etc. Even though he plays as deep as those players if not more, he offers completely different attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 149)