The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (158 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2004
We don't have to make the same mistakes from the past when we were buying average players just to fill in a position.
I'd prefer if we don't buy anyone at all for the defense than buy someone just for the sake of buying.
Until an opportunity for a quality defender popps up, we shouldn't be wasting our money.
Collect enough money to buy a world class defender.

Now we talk.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Samuel is definetly better But Lucio is better than Chivu and Cordoba (altough Cordoba is quite good)
I think you underate Lucio too much
I beg to differ. I am not underrating Lucio, but Cordoba and Chivu are certainly better defenders. I recall Cordoba being Inter's best defender a couple of seasons ago, and Chivu has always impressed me, since his Roma days.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I beg to differ. I am not underrating Lucio, but Cordoba and Chivu are certainly better defenders. I recall Cordoba being Inter's best defender a couple of seasons ago, and Chivu has always impressed me, since his Roma days.
Couldn't agree more really, Lucio is definitely a good defender, but not the defender alot of people rate him to be. Purely defensively he isn't on par with most others Inter have, so I'm not too bothered with them getting Lucio. Chivu has been good since his Ajax days, where I've seen him play alot of games in our league.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
We don't have to make the same mistakes from the past when we were buying average players just to fill in a position.
I'd prefer if we don't buy anyone at all for the defense than buy someone just for the sake of buying.
Until an opportunity for a quality defender popps up, we shouldn't be wasting our money.
Collect enough money to buy a world class defender.
I agree! In 1-2 years, Cannavaro will be retire and Legro will be 33, so we need top defenders to part with Chiellini. I also think we should buy a young and promising defender this summer and a top class defender next summer!

For this time, we should go for young defender with good future.

P.S. : I do think Ariaudo has the potential to be great Italian-style defender!

And a questions; Do we have young defenders on loan in other teams?

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
I was kidding Metal_Knight :shifty:. Of course Caceres won't be our gate for trophies, but I'd say I'll be fully satisfied with our transfers if he signs.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Caceres, Santacroce is quite overrated and also can be a huge liability, and even though I've said it before i'll say it again, he's too similar to chiellini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)