The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (153 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,661
    The latest news is:

- offer for Diarra on loan(onerous) with rights to buy.
    - D'Agostino deal still on.
    - Lyon could offer Grosso + 7m € for Trezeguet
    - Pandev as Trez's replacement.
    - Still talks of other Madrid players(Gago, Sneijder)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I want you to show me where were the objectives presented as the team is ready for the Scudetto and the CL final. That's what many naive fans thought and came up with, the club didn't in a single way present such an objective. They insisted on the five year plan (now expect Cronios to reply with an essay about the five year plan :yawn:) saying that after this plan it is then we can compete for titles.

And then again last season. What about it? We performed way much better than it was expected until the exit from the CL. I don't care how we did it, squeezing result, opponents in crisis, luck, core players or any other bullshit that was the excuse for bringing in results.
    You are 100% correct when you say there are a whole lot of naive fans. It seems to me that a lot of people do not understand the repercussions of being sent down to Serie B.
    Fact of the matter is that we have (far?) exceeded realistic expectations these past 2 seasons.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Actually, i have to give it to our directors for balancing the books.

Unlike Roma and Milan, we aren't forced to sell our best players without replacing them with top quality.
    We were forced to do it in 2006 and ever since we're only adding quality (even if it's not too much, but we did add Sissoko, Amauri, Diego). But we were sent to serie B, unlike Roma and Milan.

Roma on the other hand are forced to sell, even though every year they play in CL. They sold Chivu, they sold Mancini, Totti's getting old, they will probably sell Vucinic, and they're not replacing them with quality. They missed out on CL and they have no money to buy new players.

Milan sold Sheva and didn't invest the money on new players because they had to balance the books. They won the CL and they didn't invest money on quality players. They missed out on CL, they sold Kaka for ~65m eur and yet they're not buying anyone. They had to introduce salary cap. Even more, Berlusconi himself said that new sales will probably be made after he saw the financial status.

We played it smartly, at least financially. You can deny it as much as you want, but we're building a stadium and our team is improving every year. We're not in minus.
    We might not be financially powerful to compete with the best in Europe, but you can't expect that to happen so soon after serie B (and don't give me the crap that serie B is an excuse. You have to be really stupid not to see that it's not an excuse but a painful problem and reality).
    Bad transfer mistakes have been made, yes. But who's not making these mistakes?
    Weren't Suazo, Quaresma and Mancini mistakes? Weren't Oliveira, Borriello, even Ronaldinho, mistakes?
    You either hit or miss. You can't hit everything right.

It can be much better, but i'm satisfied.
    And you can criticize the team for many things, but criticizing it for the way the finances have been handled is really arrogant.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I want you to show me where were the objectives presented as the team is ready for the Scudetto and the CL final. That's what many naive fans thought and came up with, the club didn't in a single way present such an objective. They insisted on the five year plan (now expect Cronios to reply with an essay about the five year plan :yawn:) saying that after this plan it is then we can compete for titles.

And then again last season. What about it? We performed way much better than it was expected until the exit from the CL. I don't care how we did it, squeezing result, opponents in crisis, luck, core players or any other bullshit that was the excuse for bringing in results.
    The constant muttering, babbling and changing of the objectives by the management affected the team imo and it was very annoying.

Gago as an alternative to D'Agostino is a quite good option.
    Very good alternative and i'm not even sure why we are going for Diarra over him. Let them have their solidity in the midfield and we can have Gago.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

Unlike Roma and Milan, we aren't forced to sell our best players without replacing them with top quality.
    We were forced to do it in 2006 and ever since we're only adding quality (even if it's not too much, but we did add Sissoko, Amauri, Diego). But we were sent to serie B, unlike Roma and Milan.

Roma on the other hand are forced to sell, even though every year they play in CL. They sold Chivu, they sold Mancini, Totti's getting old, they will probably sell Vucinic, and they're not replacing them with quality. They missed out on CL and they have no money to buy new players.

Milan sold Sheva and didn't invest the money on new players because they had to balance the books. They won the CL and they didn't invest money on quality players. They missed out on CL, they sold Kaka for ~65m eur and yet they're not buying anyone. They had to introduce salary cap. Even more, Berlusconi himself said that new sales will probably be made after he saw the financial status.

We played it smartly, at least financially. You can deny it as much as you want, but we're building a stadium and our team is improving every year. We're not in minus.
    We might not be financially powerful to compete with the best in Europe, but you can't expect that to happen so soon after serie B (and don't give me the crap that serie B is an excuse. You have to be really stupid not to see that it's not an excuse but a painful problem and reality).
    Weren't Suazo, Quaresma and Mancini mistakes? Weren't Oliveira, Borriello, even Ronaldinho, mistakes?

And you can criticize the team for many things, but criticizing it for the way the finances have been handled is really arrogant.
    BOLLOCKS!!!

Moggi balanced our books.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

I wouldn't use Roma as a comparison.

The club isn't the problem with them, it's that the company which owns them is fucked.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I see Lotito is saying price tags have been placed on Pandev, Ledesma and De Silvestri, since they want to leave.

Have their prices been announced, because I don't see them mentioned in any of the articles?

For the record, I don't particularly want to sign any of them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I wouldn't use Roma as a comparison.

The club isn't the problem with them, it's that the company which owns them is fucked.
    I'm not really familiar with this so you might explain it to me.

I know that Fininvest owns Milan (Berlusconi's company) and i also know that for some years now the company isn't investing in Milan (apart from special situations, like last year with Ronaldinho) and the club is left on its own to handle the finances.
    So, the company isn't helping Milan but it isn't taking money from the club neither.

What about Roma? In what way does the company that owns Roma hurts them? By not giving money or it's something else? Because if they're not giving money to Roma then it's the same case as Milan and fininvest.

And at last, what about us? Is there a company behind us pouring cash, or the club is working on it's own?

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
    the company owned by the Sensi family and thus the owner of AS Roma, Italpetroli, is in serious financial trouble. That's why they can't invest money or should, if an appropiate offer comes, sell the club.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

I know that Fininvest owns Milan (Berlusconi's company) and i also know that for some years now the company isn't investing in Milan (apart from special situations, like last year with Ronaldinho) and the club is left on its own to handle the finances.
    So, the company isn't helping Milan but it isn't taking money from the club neither.

What about Roma? In what way does the company that owns Roma hurts them? By not giving money or it's something else? Because if they're not giving money to Roma then it's the same case as Milan and fininvest.

And at last, what about us? Is there a company behind us pouring cash, or the club is working on it's own?
    Roma's controlling company is Italpetroli, which is owned by the Sensi family.

AS Roma operate more or less at breakeven point, record no significant profits or losses (may change this year without the CL). They are being held back by the fact that their controlling company is in a dreadful state, which means the football club is unable to invest properly in making signings.

Milan, as I understand it, are not being held back by the controlling company. Their problems are due to the club being poorly run and their massive wage bill now coming back to bite them on the ass.

The situations aren't that different, I suppose. I just consider it to be different as I believe Milan's problems to have been caused by the football club, where Roma's troubles were caused by it's parent company and nothing much to do with the football club.

Juve are in a similar position to Milan, with the holding company only investing in exceptional circumstances. Difference is, as Gigli said today, we realised the need to balance the books a few years ago, so we are now stable. Milan are only just realising their problem now, it seems.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009

I don't know the details about Milan & Roma, but we are definitely working on our own.
    I do recall we got some funds after our return to Serie A, but not that much, & I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay back these funds in some way.
    Juve has been working on it's own for many years now.(If you exclude the New Holland sponsoring, since that is basically a Fiat company.)

I can't recall the exact situation before Moggi around, but when he started we were in a financial mess.
    When he was around there was no company backing whatsoever, we were completely self financed but still managed to become financially healthy again in a couple of years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)