The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
so who are the other options after the d'agostiono deal felt through?
and ledesma is no option? who plays at the same position and is cheaper than d'ago?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's damn good to hear we aren't letting any of our 3 youngsters go. Glad to have DC stay that's for sure, I feel better about our LB situation now.

A little upset about the D'ago deal though, that would have completed our midfield, counterattacks, and transitions to offense for the most part. I guess I should brace myself for another DM to be signed.

Not surprise by the board not increasing the budget. I would have at least expected to have sold some more players by now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The question is, what is our budget as of now, after the signing of Diego? Please tell me it's not 0; otherwise, how can you explain their pursuit of D'Ago over the past 2 weeks? :confused: Not to mention the board's search for a LB as well :shifty: Where has all the money gone then? Has it just dissipated, disintegrated into thin air?

Btw, what is the contractual status of the following players?

1) Molinaro
2) Tiago
3) Marchionni
4) Zebina
5) Grygera
6) Legrottaglie
7) Zanetti

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
I want to dispose of them next year. Perhaps you may not agree with me, but we can make do without them after next season. I believe they will be too old or more injury prone to make any decent contribution (Del Piero is an exception; not everyone possesses his talent).
legro will be 34 and zanetti 33.hm yes too old but still better than knezevic/andrade/boumsong/almiron/tiago/poulsen...i ll give them one more season (till 2011)...legro might want to end his carreer with us!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No doubt that Legro is better than Knezevic, and Boumsong; not Andrade though. Andrade was a good defender, better than Legro actually.

As for Zanetti, he is clearly superior to Almiron, and possibly Tiago, but I don't believe he is as good as Poulsen.

We need to look ahead; that's the reality. These guys don't fit into our future plans, and we just gotta let them go.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Zanetti is too injury prone to be given a new contract... Legro could still cut it as a squad player for a couple of seasons, but I doubt he'll be here come next season... We'd be needing a completely new backline barring Chiellini next season, unless Ariaudo starts performing big time... still we'll be requiring at least 2 CBs next season...

Btw, if we get a good RB this summer and DC and Molinaro improve in the LB position, then I think all we need next season would be the CBs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)