The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
So you judge the players based on an unimportant tournament with a few fixtures like this? Most of the Spanish and Brazilian (not to mention they are far worse than before) players didn't even play near their potential. Johan Djourou was impressive in Carlings cup this year. That doesn't mean we should buy him.
no bad words on this guy. he should get more playing time in another team.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
So you judge the players based on an unimportant tournament with a few fixtures like this? Most of the Spanish and Brazilian (not to mention they are far worse than before) players didn't even play near their potential. Johan Djourou was impressive in Carlings cup this year. That doesn't mean we should buy him.
the tournament may have been meaningless, but the US's opposition certainly wasn't...Spain and Brazil were playing their full strength teams, so you can cut the bullshit

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
the tournament may have been meaningless, but the US's opposition certainly wasn't...Spain and Brazil were playing their full strength teams, so you can cut the bullshit
I wonder who's spreading the bullshit. Brazil hasn't been able to perform as Brazil since 2003. Not to mention that most of the players didn't give a damn, just look at Kaka. Spain might have had a great team on the paper, but they performed horrible. If you've watched Euro 08 or WC Qualifiers, you would have known how Spain usually performs.

What do you know about Onyewu?
I don't follow him and from the matches I saw in the Confed. cup, he didn't impress me. The players' performance on a tournament like this doesn't mean much either.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I wonder who's spreading the bullshit. Brazil hasn't been able to perform as Brazil since 2003. Not to mention that most of the players didn't give a damn, just look at Kaka. Spain might have had a great team on the paper, but they performed horrible. If you've watched Euro 08 or WC Qualifiers, you would have known how Spain usually performs.

I don't follow him and from the matches I saw in the Confed. cup, he didn't impress me. The players' performance on a tournament like this doesn't mean much either.
yea Kaka was so fuckin' terrible and didn;t give a damn, that's why he was the tournament's best player...and of course you know that they didn't give a damn, right? you were a fly in the wall in the Brazilian dressing room, were you? just see Lucio - the captain -'s reaction when he scored the winner, then you see how they really felt about this tourney

and now Spain...they are a record setting team, do you think they would not have wanted to keep their stunning record intact? you think they WANTED to get knocked out by the US?

bottom line was that the US showed them up

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
yea Kaka was so fuckin' terrible and didn;t give a damn, that's why he was the tournament's best player...and of course you know that they didn't give a damn, right? you were a fly in the wall in the Brazilian dressing room, were you? just see Lucio - the captain -'s reaction when he scored the winner, then you see how they really felt about this tourney

and now Spain...they are a record setting team, do you think they would not have wanted to keep their stunning record intact? you think they WANTED to get knocked out by the US?

Just cause they captain cried doesn't mean that their squad reached their potential. Some of their players, except Lucio and afew, usually performs better in the league. You are only fooling yourself by believing that Spain was performing as they usually do. You either are biased or haven't watched Spain recently before the Confed. cup.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly, you don't know anything about the player.

You should have just came out to say that instead of wasting everyone's time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

+REP

Great post.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
read this very carefully:

Just Because The Team Did Not Play Well, Does NOT Mean That They Were Not Giving Their Hundred Percent
That's what I call hypocrisy.

That's like saying, just because she had sex last night, doesn't mean she isn't a virgin.

If a team like Spain performed at 100%, they would have easily won this tournament if the other teams weren't excessively tacticly superior. Spain were clearly not motivated enough, probably due to heavy fixtures and CL matches a month ago. We also won't buy that defender :lol:

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Exactly, you don't know anything about the player.

You should have just came out to say that instead of wasting everyone's time.
I said that I've watched him perform in some of the Confed. cup matches.

It's unbelievable how some of the members at this board are extremely overrating US national team right now. Give me a break.

Spain had a month to rest.

You don't make any sense.
It's not about having a rest. Most of the team reached CL gold, won the league etc. They simply weren't motivated enough. I do make sense.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
That's what I call hypocrisy.

That's like saying, just because she had sex last night, doesn't mean she isn't a virgin.

If a team like Spain performed at 100%, they would have easily won this tournament if the other teams weren't excessively tacticly superior. Spain were clearly not motivated enough, probably due to heavy fixtures and CL matches a month ago. We also won't buy that defender :lol:
okay, then why the hell did Brazil win the damn tournament? their players were also playing a lot of fixtures throughout the season

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Onyewu cleaned the box every single time the ball was central,, made it look piss easy, to the point Brasil changed up and specialized in giving crosses and corners to the far post, just to avoid him and challenge the fullbacks or whoever is covering that spot at the time. And they scored twice from in that area. But otherwise, centrally, it was total shutdown from the Gooch.

I'm not sure how he works when he is more exposed ( suffer with pace or not, gets onfocused etc), and doesnt such a tight knit unit of team defending in numbers, but bottomline, the guy has quite good qualities and instinct (Can never be sure with some regardless of how impressive they look, but he is at the very least Legro-Mellberg level).

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
okay, then why the hell did Brazil win the damn tournament? their players were also playing a lot of fixtures throughout the season
Reread the message. I was talking about Spain. Brazil won the tournament since they played decent, still not great. Brazil haven't been anything special either since like 2003-2004.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I said that I've watched him perform in some of the Confed. cup matches.

It's unbelievable how some of the members at this board are extremely overrating US national team right now. Give me a break.
I don't overrate my players. But Onyewu is a very good one who has improved greatly since 2006.

It's not about having a rest. Most of the team reached CL gold, won the league etc. They simply weren't motivated enough. I do make sense.
That's their fault for not being motivated enough then. Actually, it looks even worse than being motivated but still losing.

Some of you people just can't give us any credit, can you. :lol:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Reread the message. I was talking about Spain. Brazil won the tournament since they played decent, still not great. Brazil haven't been anything special either since like 2003-2004.
if Spain wasn't serious about the tourney they would not have picked their very best players...and this would be the 1st time in the history of organized football that a country sent their best possible team but decided to not give a shit

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
I don't overrate my players. But Onyewu is a very good one who has improved greatly since 2006.

That's their fault for not being motivated enough then. Actually, it looks even worse than being motivated but still losing.

Some of you people just can't give us any credit, can you. :lol:
It's not about giving credit. I wasn't talking about the US national team, Ahmed went that road and brought it up into the discussion. I just found it funny that he was mentioned. In my opinion, he doesn't seem like a very good player, atleast not a player of Juventus' calibre. The tournament doesn't prove anything to me. If a good performance was put in a WC tournament, I would give a player much more praise and respect.

if Spain wasn't serious about the tourney they would not have picked their very best players...and this would be the 1st time in the history of organized football that a country sent their best possible team but decided to not give a shit
You don't get it dont you. Please read my previous posts. It might have been the best Spanish 11 possible on paper, they still weren't motivated and didn't perform as they usually do.

The important thing is, do you want to buy a mediocre player, because he played well against a bad performing team (example Spain in this tournament). Or do you want a good player that will reach Chiellini's performance.

The player you guys metnioned, which I can't even spell the name of, have zero experience in Italy or any big clubs. Are you seriously thinking he would suit well in Juve? Do you have that low standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)