The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Ivanovic - Agger - Chiellini - Molinaro

:pint:
Ivanovic would be interesting...He can play RB,LB and CB,so we'd be killing all those birds with just one stone....Agger is a SOLID centreback who can also play the ball out as well...him alongside Chiellini would be even more awesome than Vidic+Ferdinand

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ivanovic would be interesting...He can play RB,LB and CB,so we'd be killing all those birds with just one stone....Agger is a SOLID centreback who can also play the ball out as well...him alongside Chiellini would be even more awesome than Vidic+Ferdinand
Ivanovic is not really a left back.He's really great while playing in center and on the right though.

I'd say Agger is more than a solid CB.

Geof

May 14, 2004
vincent kompany's love child?

Chelsea and Manchester United target Axel Witsel from Standard Liege

Chelsea face a battle to sign Standard Liege midfielder Axel Witsel after Manchester United recently expressed their interest in the player.

Witsel has attracted attention from a host of top European clubs, including Arsenal and Real Madrid.

However, Liege are in no rush to cash in, having already pocketed £15 million from the summer sale of Marouane Fellaini to Everton, and will look for a similar fee to even consider parting with one of their brighest prospects.

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari sent a member of his staff to cast an eye over Witsel during Liege's Uefa Cup win over Sevilla last week.

And with the scout returning with favourable reports, Scolari is keen to make a move in the January transfer window.

It has been suggested, though, that Witsel, who is under contract at Liege until 2013, would favour a move to Old Trafford, and the 19-year-old said: "I found out recently about United's interest, but I don't know much.

"As for my future, we will have a meeting with the board at the end of the season. I'll take my decision with the help of my father and my agent.

"I love the English, the Spanish and the French leagues. It will all depend on the offers.

"Arsenal, Feyenoord and Real wanted to sign me when I took part in the European U17s Championship in 2006. But I wanted to stay close to my family."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Axel-Witsel-from-Standard-Liege-Football.html

More info: http://soccerlens.com/axel-witsel/16013/

Geof

May 14, 2004
If we were after that kid , i'm sure we are in the pole position on the line , Liege is our Feeder Club .
I don't think we're after him.

Even if we were, I'm unsure about the relationship we have with Standard. Only small-ass players have transited through both clubs (Benjamin Onuwachi, that Uruguayan keeper we gave Inter for Canna, an Ukrainian guy whose name I forgot...).

Standard have sold Fellaini for 20 m € to Everton, and are getting offers for Defour, Witsel, Mbokani, Onyewu etc. They'll only listen to hard cash (and probably rightly so).

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
If Agger is so good why Liverpool would sell him?
That's a bit like saying if Benitez is so good why have'nt Liverpool extended his contract. There's a lot of stuff going on behind-the-scenes at Anfield...mostly a power-tussle,renewing contracts is not a priority for the gladiators.

Liverpool have'nt put Agger up for sale,but his current contract expires in the summer and extension talks are dragging.

A tempting offer could sway both player and club

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
It will be very great if Agger really come to Juve... Imagine Agger - Chiellini....
but are we already sign a new CB (Bjasmyr)??

About Drenthe, he will be good signing if he can come cheap.. but it's too risky if we only manage to get him as Nedved replacement... It won't add some flair and creativity to the team like Silva or Ribery can give

How about Pirlo as a Momo partner? I don't know why lots of Milan fans rate him worse in the last 2 seasons.. I think Pirlo will be an upgrade for Tiago, etc if he can come not so expensive

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Benitez wants to keep Agger, he is actually making a fuss about how Agger should be resigned ASAP etc, but its not in his hands. Just like Momo suffering a little after coming back, and Xabi and Mascherano going ahead was just natural and part of ze job (out injured, struggling to get back, more adept player taking your spot etc).

He also wanted to keep Momo and thinks he is the best DM he has had. Didnt want to sell him in the summer, but later forced to in January because its a waste to have Momo on the bench, and not have the consistent time on the pitch to regain confidence and mojo, it would only keep going downhill etc.

If Agger can stay injury free, would be an absolute class signing.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I always rated Sissi, and wasn't supprised at his success since leaving the Fool.

Benitez is like a drunken blindman on a merry-go-round at times.
Because they already have Mascherano as starter DM and he better than Momo in passing ability and read the game, also they already bought Lucas whom they think will be better than Momo.. but then it's not happen

And might Benitez doesn't like Momo because of his lack passing ability.. remember Benitez style of play which pass ball around a pitch very lot and likes more possession....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Benitez wants to keep Agger, he is actually making a fuss about how Agger should be resigned ASAP etc, but its not in his hands. Just like Momo suffering a little after coming back, and Xabi and Mascherano going ahead was just natural and part of ze job (out injured, struggling to get back, more adept player taking your spot etc).

He also wanted to keep Momo and thinks he is the best DM he has had. Didnt want to sell him in the summer, but later forced to in January because its a waste to have Momo on the bench, and not have the consistent time on the pitch to regain confidence and mojo, it would only keep going downhill etc.

If Agger can stay injury free, would be an absolute class signing.

Benitez wants Agger to stay, but not enough that he actually plays him.

Agger will probably be the best CB on the market this summer.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)