The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (40 Viewers)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
sateeh said:
All this time I was convinced that the Calciopoli investigation was legit and handled in accordance with the rules in the name of fairness.
From Goal.com

"Yet Guido Rossi, a known Interista and former member of Inter’s Board of Directors, not only conducted the sports trial but was responsible for handing out punishments to his rival squads.

"Rossi is also a very close friend of Moratti who is now demanding the scudetti of the last two seasons.

"Does this not constitute a conflict of interest?
this whole thing doesn't surprise me AT ALL.
stupid inter is so incompetent of wining anything,that they need to bury us and the others,step over everyone else's dead bodies and then cry over a scudetto that doesn't belong to them by any means!

they are so pathetic,it's sad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
It is very fishy they excaped charges wventhough investigations show they did what we did too....and about the Collina sponsor :disagree:

Im also not sure how exactly they did that...may be G. Rossi just doesn't want to give up the Milan Derby, which now can be the main event in Italy since there is no Italian Derby, or Roma Derby...
True vOnAm,that just crossed my mind.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hey after reading the book cosa nostra i wouldnt be surprised to hear that all teh charges get dropped, evryone gets reinstated and inter go back to being as appealing as a fun day out on the kursk

snakies

Jul 15, 2006
i have a feeling something very big is gonna happen with this whole calciopoli. the footballing world has been rocked already and it will be further rocked in the coming days

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
giovanotti said:
Holly God,you put it right.

But what about Milan in whole that story?
i dont know how the FIGC would put a guy like that in a position like this.HE MADE THE DECISION FFS!!

I was also wondering abt wat Facchetti did with uefa reffrees, how come that got squashed ? Not even a fine or anything ? Thats just a disgrace.

Milan, would've always got out scotch free imo.They were gunning for us first then came the others.

Lilli, yeah its soo pathetic wat Inter r claiming these days.They want the scudettos? well they didnt earn them, a season where they imcompetent(that could be said for years), and a season where they could've got through without losing but they had the record for most draws.They should be ashamed

Jan 24, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
hey after reading the book cosa nostra i wouldnt be surprised to hear that all teh charges get dropped, evryone gets reinstated and inter go back to being as appealing as a fun day out on the kursk
hehe I am just reading this book these days.. very entertaining, but I doubt that we will get out of this in mafia-style :)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
sateeh said:
Lilli, yeah its soo pathetic wat Inter r claiming these days.They want the scudettos? well they didnt earn them, a season where they imcompetent(that could be said for years), and a season where they could've got through without losing but they had the record for most draws.They should be ashamed
they are not ashamed to be interistas=they are ashamed of NOTHING

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Moggi: Nothing will change
Luciano Moggi does not believe the climate of Italian football will significantly change following the trial into match-fixing.

The former Juventus general manager has been banned from football for five years, and fined €50,000 for his involvement in the scandal.

He has apologized for what he did, but feels that he has been made a scapegoat.

It is Moggi's opinion that there are wider problems in Italian football, and that he and fellow former official Antonio Giraudo, who received a similar punishment, did not deserve to be singled out.

"It is a verdict that only hit me, Antonio Giraudo and Juventus," he told La Repubblica.

"They conveniently selected 40 phone calls out of more than 100,000.

"If they want public opinion to be that the football world was dirty, and that it was dirty because of Moggi, then that is a lie.

"Everyone must know that although me and Giraudo are out, nothing has changed.

"It is like sweeping two grains of sand out of a dusty house and saying the house is clean."

Moggi also dismissed doubts surrounding the authenticity of Juve's last two Serie A titles.

"I have to apologize to all the supporters and players, who have been led to think that the league was a farce," he said.

"The results have been genuine. Whoever won deserved to win."
--------------------------------------

that is exactly what I think..

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Maresca said:
Luciano Moggi does not believe the climate of Italian football will significantly change following the trial into match-fixing.
The former Juventus general manager has been banned from football for five years, and fined €50,000 for his involvement in the scandal.

It is Moggi's opinion that there are wider problems in Italian football, and that he and fellow former official Antonio Giraudo, who received a similar punishment, did not deserve to be singled out.

"It is a verdict that only hit me, Antonio Giraudo and Juventus," he told La Repubblica.

"If they want public opinion to be that the football world was dirty, and that it was dirty because of Moggi, then that is a lie.

"It is like sweeping two grains of sand out of a dusty house and saying the house is clean."

Moggi also dismissed doubts surrounding the authenticity of Juve's last two Serie A titles.

"I have to apologize to all the supporters and players, who have been led to think that the league was a farce," he said.

If he is pointing at the future possible match fixing he is right.
But Italian football will be changed,one European giant is out of the race and it is transformed in a supermarket for the players,while Fiorentina and Lazio are suffering too...From the sette sorele we have 3 more left.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
giovanotti said:
True vOnAm,that just crossed my mind.
I wonder what we are appealing for, other than points deduction...are we dragging anyother team, just to show how relatively normal our conduct was.

Atleast I hope Fiorentina or Lazio mention some other clubs...perhaps if we bring enough club names to the spotlight, then all charges towards the clubs will be dropped and instead the whole FIGC personel and directors will be changed along with everyclub having to renew their board.

Whatta dream that would be..

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
giovanotti said:
But Italian football will be changed,one European giant is out of the race and it is transformed in a supermarket for the players,while Fiorentina and Lazio are suffering too...From the sette sorele we have 3 more left.

Like in the goal.com article...Italian football will not be the same. Its quality will have significantly decreased, causing further inablility to compete with other leagues..

Serie A was abit in trouble as it was in terms of global popularity as leagues such as the Premier league were getting some much biased attention...now it wll only increase it..

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I wonder what we are appealing for, other than points deduction...are we dragging anyother team, just to show how relatively normal our conduct was.

Atleast I hope Fiorentina or Lazio mention some other clubs...perhaps if we bring enough club names to the spotlight, then all charges towards the clubs will be dropped and instead the whole FIGC personel and directors will be changed along with everyclub having to renew their board.

Whatta dream that would be..
What a dream my friend...

...Anyhow I hope that we can change our pts deduction in something more acceptable.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
giovanotti said:
actualy he means that the other teams have not been punished as they are doing the same and even more..

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
Like in the goal.com article...Italian football will not be the same. Its quality will have significantly decreased, causing further inablility to compete with other leagues..

Serie A was abit in trouble as it was in terms of global popularity as leagues such as the Premier league were getting some much biased attention...now it wll only increase it..
True,and this World Cup was a great chance to strenghten Italian football.

Just,imagine how strong we should be,with 8 players from the final.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
Maresca said:

actually,none of us nor the players believed it was a farce.we all know that the titles were fairly won on the picth and those 2 scudetti are ours,we have won them.only officially they are not,which is a problem actually :rolleyes:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Maresca said:

This is, of course, my biggest fear of all... That after all this, it will be just window dressing when the core issues of missing checks and balances and a series of conflicts of interest continue to go on unaddressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)