The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
marcusa said:
This the first smart thing I have heard Berlusconi say
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Should Juve be relegated it would hinder other clubs that would lose the revenue they take when they play against a team like Juventus.
"One also has to think of the damage this would create to sponsors and television companies that have signed contracts with these clubs."
Berlusconi also slammed the trial itself, saying the way it is being conducted is unfair.
"The judges have not listened to all the telephone conversations," he said.
"Not all the testimonies have been heard and the results on the pitch have given a different perception of what took place.
"In all of this story there has never been a smell of money, that is why you cannot really speak of corruption in those terms."
Those are the best piece of word construction Ive ever heard from Berlusconi :agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
marcusa said:
HA HA!! I hate to say it, but I agree with him. If the players were accused of fixing matches or losing on purpose, I would be all for relagation. However, no players were involved at all. Give Moggi and the others a life time ban, and don't punish the players. I would like to see Moggi selling flowers at traffic lights instead of runnig a football team.
with all the money he has? am guessing enjoying retirement on the sandy beaches with a very nice holiday

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Turk_Bianconero said:
I am surprised that berlusconi defend us

berlusconi is powerful scum in İtaly.maybe court listen him.
he is not defending us, he is trying to cover his, and his teams, asses. he knows also that if juve go down, so do the ratings on his tv station

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i think that they have made up their minds already and nothing like this will save us, they are probably just stuck on the small points and that means we are going down bro

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
edpiero said:
Indeed Turk_Bianconero

The outcome will lie dead ahead and I can see us going to Serie B.
watch out i got neg repped for being open and honest about the situation earlier, seems some people dont want to hear that we will almost definately go down and that we will come back and be a force again

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
watch out i got neg repped for being open and honest about the situation earlier, seems some people dont want to hear that we will almost definately go down and that we will come back and be a force again
It will takes ages till we get back and become a force again. Imagine 5 years wasted or even more just because of stupid Moggi match-fixing.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
edpiero said:
It will takes ages till we get back and become a force again. Imagine 5 years wasted or even more just because of stupid Moggi match-fixing.
maybe 3-4 years imo, we will still be the top draw in terms of viewers and fans so i dont see why, with the correct marketting, we cannot be competing for titles in a few years time

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
he is not defending us, he is trying to cover his, and his teams, asses. he knows also that if juve go down, so do the ratings on his tv station
Exavtly I think the same.
And I think that he would not be sooooo against it,if Milan were not among the 4 clubs.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
giovanotti said:
Exavtly I think the same.
And I think that he would not be sooooo against it,if Milan were not among the 4 clubs.
exactly if milan were not involved and he was not under investigation himself then the silence would be deafening

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
marcusa said:
This the first smart thing I have heard Berlusconi say
--------------------------------------------------------------

Berlusconi Hits Out At Trial Silvio Berlusconi, the president of AC Milan and former prime minister of Italy, has criticised the current Serie A match-fixing trial, saying that the clubs and their supporters should not be punished by relegation.

Berlusconi says relegation is not a suitable punishment for any of the four clubs - including Milan - who are accused of wrong-doing.
His view is that neither his own club nor Juventus, Lazio or Fiorentina should be punished by relegation as it would hurt the players and fans who were not involved in the corruption.
"The eventual punishments shouldn't hit players or penalise fans who have no responsibility whatsoever," Berlusconi told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I am against relegation and I don't speak just as president of Milan.
"Should Juve be relegated it would hinder other clubs that would lose the revenue they take when they play against a team like Juventus.
"One also has to think of the damage this would create to sponsors and television companies that have signed contracts with these clubs."
Berlusconi also slammed the trial itself, saying the way it is being conducted is unfair.
"The judges have not listened to all the telephone conversations," he said.
"Not all the testimonies have been heard and the results on the pitch have given a different perception of what took place.
"In all of this story there has never been a smell of money, that is why you cannot really speak of corruption in those terms."
Berlusconi wants the punishments to be limited to those officials and referees involved.
"Let's leave the players and the fans out of it and hit those who are really responsible, the executives and the referees," he said.
"But with a serious and fair trial, different to what we are witnessing."

Bravo Silvio !!!:thumbs:

This is what I've said all along...why should the club, players and fans pay for what Moggi and co. did ??

PUNISH THEM !!!!!!:ferocious :ferocious :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)