The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (62 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
serfaraaz said:
espectro if telephone convesations cant be taken as evidence then will juve escape punishment

I honestly dont know, and probably nobody can answer you that... we will just have to wait until the trial is over, everything that you hear or read before that is just speculations.

I know that you are worry, we all are, but the bottom line is that we will have to wait until July 20 to know the future of Juve.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Moggi to escape Calciopoli? Friday 23 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luciano Moggi’s lawyers claim he can’t go on trial due to a technicality, while Carlo Ancelotti could be dragged into the Calciopoli scandal.

Moggi was one of 26 people – and four clubs, Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio – indicted after the investigation into alleged match fixing and collusion with referees. However, his lawyer insists the man whose tapped phone calls at the centre of the inquest won’t be punished.

“He is no longer registered with the FIGC and therefore cannot be put on trial by the sporting justice system,” explained Paolo Trofino. As Moggi resigned from his position of director general of Juventus, in theory he could be exempt from the trial which begins on June 29.

One of the referees indicted is Massimo De Santis, who chose to go on the attack today by aiming accusations at some people who were not named by the prosecutors.

“We have presented an appeal to the Disciplinary Commission so that they can analyse Carlo Ancelotti’s position,” said De Santis. “How could Ancelotti have spent all that time at Juventus with these people and not noticed anything was wrong?”

The referee then insisted he was not guilty of the charges that he helped fix matches in Serie A as part of the 'Moggi System’.

“I expect justice. If I have made mistakes, they were on the field, but I don’t even think there were any in the ties named in this investigation. If these are irregularities, then we’d have to prosecute every referee since football began. All that interests me now is resolving my position

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun23k.html

Geof

May 14, 2004
serfaraaz said:
geof can berslusconi bribe the judge
:p

Yes my son, Berlusconi could bribe the judge. This is Italy and a man like Berlusconi can bribe anyone.

However, one can hope that this trial will be conducted in all legality and fairness.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
19.30 L'avvocato bianconero Cesare Zaccone delinea i capisaldi della difesa della società al processo sportivo."Non ci può essere responsabilità diretta - ha detto - al massimo si può parlare di responsabilità oggettiva, ma resta da vedere se ci sono i presupposti'' this means juve cant be directly responSible but they can be objective responSibility

Geof

May 14, 2004
serfaraaz said:
this means moggi and giraudo will escape punishment good for them
no. This only means Moggi has lawyers, and that they're trying to find something to help him out of this mess

Geof

May 14, 2004
serfaraaz said:
19.30 L'avvocato bianconero Cesare Zaccone delinea i capisaldi della difesa della società al processo sportivo."Non ci può essere responsabilità diretta - ha detto - al massimo si può parlare di responsabilità oggettiva, ma resta da vedere se ci sono i presupposti'' this means juve cant be directly responSible but they can be objective responSibility
again, my son, this only means lawyers are working on it. Of course they want to escape direct responsibility.

The bad thing is that they look ready to accept objective responsibility, which could still lead us to serie B.

Reading all these things, I'm more and more convinced that we'll play in Serie B next year.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Espectro said:
emmm...yes they can.
Not if I make this face they can't :eyebrows:
Also I can't see how the clubs are being tried,People do bad things not institutions.
I shot a man in the head because he urinated on an irsh flag and now the gonvernment is on trial for murder.
that makes sense.....

Geof

May 14, 2004
IrishZebra said:
Also I can't see how the clubs are being tried,People do bad things not institutions.
I shot a man in the head because he urinated on an irsh flag and now the gonvernment is on trial for murder.
that makes sense.....
well you don't work for the government do you?

What if a police officer kills someone in his function. Could the govt be sued? probably.
Same thing goes for corporations. They are responsible for everything that is done for them by their employees.

But here we're entering Corporation Law, and as I don't know shite about Italian corporation law, I don't want to make unsure statements.

And it would probably be a bit technical for non-lawyers.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Still though don't try the soldiers try the generals if you know what I mean.

If Malcom Glazer tried to illegally buy say,Nedved and Man utd. (like Juventus) had no knowledge of this then the club can hardly be blamed.
Moggi should be tried for Fraud in a criminal court.

Geof

May 14, 2004
IrishZebra said:
Still though don't try the soldiers try the generals if you know what I mean.

If Malcom Glazer tried to illegally buy say,Nedved and Man utd. (like Juventus) had no knowledge of this then the club can hardly be blamed.
Moggi should be tried for Fraud in a criminal court.
well that's the whole difference between objective and direct responsibility.

And again you've got to ask yourself who is "the club"? Who should have the intention of doing these illegal stuff?

When Moggi did these things, he sure worked partly for himself and for the GEA, but he also acted as the Direttore Generale of Juventus, didn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)