The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (68 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Tifoso Lou said:
But in 2007/8, right amico mio?

If they deduct the points at the beginning of 2006/7, we would still be in CL for 2006/7, right?
Hmm, depends on the point deduction punishment:

- Start the next season with less points

- Deduct points from the last season.

The second option would see us miss out on the upcoming CL. The first option would make it hard to get in CL.

I think we'll relegate though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Dominic said:
Hmm, depends on the point deduction punishment:

- Start the next season with less points

- Deduct points from the last season.

The second option would see us miss out on the upcoming CL. The first option would make it hard to get in CL.

I think we'll relegate though.

I'd say it's #1....up to 20 points, and no relegation. We'll see.
Don't see how they could use the wire tap evidence, as that is not allowed (to my understanding) for these type of cases. If that is indeed the case, then the prosecution has no case.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Meow said:
This is what Neddy said:

“Perhaps it is my last match in football, let alone at international level. I am really tired and worn down, as I’m 34 years old now. I have to run so much in my role, it’s not easy. I enjoy training, but I don’t know if I’m able to play great games anymore. If I do decide to continue, I’d have no problem playing for Juventus in Serie B, as I’d do anything for this club. I’ll have to wait and make a decision with a relaxed state of mind.”
I think all these players are just saying this to keep their options open. They don't even know how good or bad this could turn out, so there's little point in making strong declarations.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
serfaraaz said:
tifoso lou if wire tap cant be used as an evidence then there will be no evidence
Exactly.:agree:

The legal school of thought leans towards the wiretaps in this case being illegal--which I am sure will be a major part of Juve's defense.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Meow said:
This is what Neddy said:

“Perhaps it is my last match in football, let alone at international level. I am really tired and worn down, as I’m 34 years old now. I have to run so much in my role, it’s not easy. I enjoy training, but I don’t know if I’m able to play great games anymore. If I do decide to continue, I’d have no problem playing for Juventus in Serie B, as I’d do anything for this club. I’ll have to wait and make a decision with a relaxed state of mind.”
Forza neddy...

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
serfaraaz said:
doeS anyone know about the doping case were there charges similar to theSe
They were serious....they ended up charging only the administering physician, as they could not prove that Juve knew that he was doing it.

Seems to me that Juve could claim the same here...that they didn't know Moggi was doing it...that he acted alone, without the knowledge of the entire Board of Directors..

Again, we'll see.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I believe so.

Another point: the prosecution had to come out with something "big" or lose face after having spent all the time and money they did on this case. They would look like idiots.

Again, we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)