The vacation thread (1 Viewer)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Nice. Bloomingdales is probably my favorite store there, along with the Diesel store on Lexington Ave as well.

The Prada store in Soho sucks though, but I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff. ;)
Thanks for the tip. ;)

greece in nice...if you don't mind putting your shitty paper in a bin next to the toilet! seriously, terribly advanced to invent the toilet, typically greek to make one that does not work:sick:
*Cringe* You've actually been there or are you just pulling my leg? Living in a third world country I don't doubt anything. We have proper toilets here though for most parts. :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This will be my first. I've been to Florida twice though. Was pretty nice.
Ahhh, interesting. I know NYC fairly well for not being a resident. Needless to say I do get insider info from people like Nick who lived there.

Do you need any suggestions for restuarants or anything else?

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Yes please! Any insights will be helpful! Restaurants and any other touristy thing that you can think of. I am pretty excited for this trip. It's been a while since I had a vacation that doesn't involve vacation leave to study for exams.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes please! Any insights will be helpful! Restaurants and any other touristy thing that you can think of. I am pretty excited for this trip. It's been a while since I had a vacation that doesn't involve vacation leave to study for exams.
Well, in regard to shopping, 5th Avenue is a prime target from 59th all the down to 49th where Sak's is located. Stores including Versace, Gucci and the ladies' Louis are located there. And then like I stated before, Lexington Ave has some cool stores, especially around 59th... that's where Bloomingdales and Diesel are located, if you need some awesome jeans. Soho is also pretty famous as you know and also Union Square, both of which are pretty sweet. But I'd say neglect Union Square if you haven't been to Soho. Check out this website: http://nymag.com/visitorsguide/shopping/destinations.htm

As for Restaurants, people have told me to avoid the theatre district, which is between 45th and 51th along 7th Ave. However, I have been to places there before and it's not thaaaat bad and not expensive. If you feel like some Italian, the only trustworthy ristorante I know of is La Mela in Little Italy... and from what I heard it is indeed the only place in Little Italy. I thought it was fantastic and it's particulary inexpensive. Nick told me about Tribeca Grill on the border of Tribeca/Soho, and he apparently thought it was great. I've never been there. And then if you're a major Sushi fan and have loads of money to spend, Nobu is the only place (so I've heard). I hate Sushi.

And if you're planning on going to Chinatown, let me know. That's quite the experiance.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Well, in regard to shopping, 5th Avenue is a prime target from 59th all the down to 49th where Sak's is located. Stores including Versace, Gucci and the ladies' Louis are located there. And then like I stated before, Lexington Ave has some cool stores, especially around 59th... that's where Bloomingdales and Diesel are located, if you need some awesome jeans. Soho is also pretty famous as you know and also Union Square, both of which are pretty sweet. But I'd say neglect Union Square if you haven't been to Soho. Check out this website: http://nymag.com/visitorsguide/shopping/destinations.htm

As for Restaurants, people have told me to avoid the theatre district, which is between 45th and 51th along 7th Ave. However, I have been to places there before and it's not thaaaat bad and not expensive. If you feel like some Italian, the only trustworthy ristorante I know of is La Mela in Little Italy... and from what I heard it is indeed the only place in Little Italy. I thought it was fantastic and it's particulary inexpensive. Nick told me about Tribeca Grill on the border of Tribeca/Soho, and he apparently thought it was great. I've never been there. And then if you're a major Sushi fan and have loads of money to spend, Nobu is the only place (so I've heard). I hate Sushi.

And if you're planning on going to Chinatown, let me know. That's quite the experiance.
I have actually never had sushi. Just never felt like trying it for some reason. Thanks for the tips. I just hope that I don't end up lost since I have no sense of direction. I'll be keeping my maps very close that's for sure.

ßömßäяdîëя;1423563 said:
Risa, we shouldmeet up and get you pregnant.
:shifty: I don't mind meeting you guys as long as no pregnancy is involved. :p

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
*Cringe* You've actually been there or are you just pulling my leg? Living in a third world country I don't doubt anything. We have proper toilets here though for most parts. :p
seriously i am not kidding! the drainage system in greece is terrible, the drains are too narrow to carry toilet paper and you need to put it in a bucket next to teh loo. apart from that..........great country:toast:

Geof

May 14, 2004
After basically a year of holidays in Berlin (well I studied a bit, but it's erasmus ffs), I'm going to the Sziget festival in Budapest.

After that we're renting a camping car with some friends, gonna fill it with beer, camp in the wilderness and occasionally going to some real camping to pick up some traler park girls.... :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)