The UEFA Cup Thread (2 Viewers)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
You know.
Prior to this game Benny McCarthy was interviewed and asked about how good Celtic were. He said...and I quote....Last year I know they beat Porto at home, but we are better than Porto...and Juventus...and Rosenborg....and you'll see that when we play...we will go through. One of their players even said he would shave all his hair of if Celta Vigo lost to Celtic. Hmmm. Whose getting a baldy then?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
:howler: better than Juventus? Excuse me but who is out of Europe and who is going strong in the last 16 of Europe's premier club competition?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:D

Well expect the unexpected, I didn't think Celtic was a match for Celta but what do you know, anything can happen.

As for Porto, they are walking all over everyone this year, that's why I'm so convinced about their strength. :)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
:D

Well expect the unexpected, I didn't think Celtic was a match for Celta but what do you know, anything can happen.

As for Porto, they are walking all over everyone this year, that's why I'm so convinced about their strength. :)

What I'm especially happy for is Scotlands rankings. At present we are twelth. All other teams are out, so it's up to the Bhoys. If we get a favourable draw, the quarter finals would be a big boost to our hopes of getting more teams in European football...and therefore more experience. that's what I want most.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You should lock yourself inside a closet for the night, that's my professional opinion. In the best interest of yourself and your surroundings.. :D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Good advice...it's check out time from Roverbhoy.
I'm off to watch the video of the game again...and agian...and agiannnnn..nda ainnd...wittthh a whiiiskra in ma han.:cool::cool:

See ya guys and dolls:D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Schalke (Ger) 1 - 4 Wisla Krakow (Pol)

Panathinaikos (Gre) 1 - 0 Liberec (Cze)

Fulham (Eng) 0 - 0 Hertha Berlin (Ger)

Lyon (Fra) 0 - 1 Denizlispor (Tur)

Dynamo Kyiv (Ukr) 0 - 0 Besiktas (Tur)

Auxerre (Fra) 2 - 0 Real Betis (Spa)

Anderlecht (Bel) 2 - 2 Bordeaux (Fra)

Lazio (Ita) 0 - 1 Sturm Graz (Aus)

Maccabi Haifa (Isr) 1 - 4 AEK Athens (Gre)

Slavia Prague (Cze) 4 - 0 PAOK Saloniki (Gre)

Stuttgart (Ger) 1 - 0 Club Brugge (Bel)

Liverpool (Eng) 1 - 0 Vitesse Arnhem (Hol)

Leeds U. (Eng) 1 - 2 Malaga (Spa)

Celta de Vigo (Spa) 2 - 1 Celtic (Sco)

Lens (Fra) 1 - 0 FC Porto (Por)

Boavista (Por) 1 - 0 Paris S.G. (Fra)

Biggest surprise: Wisla Krakov

thanks Lazio! (we'll have 2 teams in CL in 2004/2005 cause of them. thanks!)

Congratulation Celtic!!

:LOL: leeds!!! yes yes yes!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
12/13/2002. Liverpool have been drawn against Auxerre in the last 16 of the Uefa Cup.

The Merseysiders will travel to France for the first-leg on March 13, with the return to be played a week later.

Celtic, meanwhile, will face German side Stuttgart.

If the pair both make it through they will face each other in a Battle of Britain classic in the quarter finals.

Elsewhere, in the draw Lazio face Wisla Krakow, and Hertha Berlin have been paired with Boavista.

FULL DRAW

Slavia Prague-Besiktas
Hertha Berlin-Boavista
Malaga-AEK Athens
Lazio-Wisla Krakow:eek: (Hope Lazio Wins)
Anderlecht-Panathanaikos
Celtic-Stuttgart
Porto-Denizlispor
Auxerre-Liverpool

QUARTER FINAL DRAW

Malaga/AEK Athens-Hertha Berlin/Boavista
Sparta Prague/Besiktas-Wisla Krakow/Lazio
Celtic/Stuttgart-Auxerre/Liverpool
Porto/Denizlispor-Anderlecht/Panathanaikos
SA Europe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)