The UEFA Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Congrats to Porto. They had my support despite thrashing my beloved team 4-1.

That aint no scene anyway. Deco is really great. Porto are a great bunch. Can't wait for them in the Champion's League next year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
The game sucked. It was boring, and far below CL standard. I was hoping to see a great Porto side thrashing Celtic, but they didn't play any good and Celtic played even worse(at least in the 1st half). The fact that teams like Porto, Celtic, Liverpool, Feyenoord, Dortmund and Alaves all reached the final justifies how low standard there is in this compeition.:down::mad:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
The game sucked. It was boring, and far below CL standard. I was hoping to see a great Porto side thrashing Celtic, but they didn't play any good and Celtic played even worse(at least in the 1st half). The fact that teams like Porto, Celtic, Liverpool, Feyenoord, Dortmund and Alaves all reached the final justifies how low standard there is in this compeition.:down::mad:
Porto? low standard?...:howler:

look at the pitch and the weather...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Deco was great yesterday :thumb: and his assist for the second goal was awesome.and he played a part in the first goal too it was his pass that made the goal.

Overall Porto deserved to lift the cup and the 2nd half was better than the first.

Best wishes for Juventus to lift the CL cup too.:)

Forza Juventus F.C.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
Not tonight, but by the look of the fans in Seville there won't be many pubs with booze left tomorrow

It was a good game and we can be proud of the way both teams played. The UEFA Cup has produced another good final.

Lets hope Juventus don't suffer the fate of Celtic and the score is reversed.

Se ya all next season.

Ciao
Congratulations anyway! That was a real good performance from Celtic from start to finish. The whole of Scotland (or half of it, whatever :D) can be proud of them! :thumb:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++

Porto? low standard?...:howler:

look at the pitch and the weather...
What was wrong with the weather? Ok it was warm but that's no excuse of playing badly. And the pitch wasn't that bad.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

?????.....it wasn't that bad:confused:

In fact I'm watching the CL Final live just now and I have to say it's not exactly the best advert for European football.

How would you compare it to the uefa cup final?

And don't forget the 16 teams who were knocked out from the first group stages of the CL also played in the uefa cup and were eliminated by the likes of Celtic and Porto.

As for the heat...playing in 95 degree must be taken into account.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Congratulations anyway! That was a real good performance from Celtic from start to finish. The whole of Scotland (or half of it, whatever :D) can be proud of them! :thumb:

Thanks Erik , as usual you are very kind.

For the record I'm drinking some German Lager just now called Schwaben Brau....it's not bad, not bad at all.....still searching for Red Label though:D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Not kind, just realistic ;)

And good luck with that beer. I'm sure you'll understand that I wouldn't want to be caught dead with a can of German beer in my hands! :D

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
I wanna see Chievo make it long in the UEFA cup
I think that they deserve to make themselves heard around Europe just like they did in Italy in these past 2 seasons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)