The Totti Non-Fan Club (2 Viewers)

ex-rasp9

Apr 8, 2003
good, good...

i just wanted to say: totti is the most hated player for me in serie a and the second most revolting one ih the world, just after ronaldo...

as far as totti is concerned, i've never been able to realise why some ppl admire him. he rather rarely scores smth important, he's constantly falling with a real grace and looking at the arbiter as if he were hamlet, prince of denmark, whose throne has just been stolen or sort of...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Actually, though not denying I'm still a non-fan, I've come to realize Totti is actually a pretty good player on his day. Not getting a lot of coverage here, I saw most of Euro2000, all of Italy's games in WC02, a rare Roma game last year and also seen him on 3-4 occasions this year upon which I finally understood what people have been talking about. Against Valencia he was excellent so apparently he does have some skill. It just so happens that almost everytime I've seen him, he's been mediocre.

Still don't like him though, Pirlo for the NT! :devil:

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
give the man respect...he's one of the few players to have manage to piss me off every time i see him in a match :yuck:....

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
Martin, true. Even I admit that when Totti feels like gracing the world with his talent, he can, and he's pretty damn good at it.

However...his cons far surpass his pros. He doesn't always want to play. He has a tendancy to shoot instead of pass. He goes to ground more than feed at a chicken coup. He dives, whines, fouls, and complains instead of proving himself on the ball. And he didn't want Baggio to upstage him on the Azzurri.

All of these things make me want to slap him about the head and neck continually with a rubber chicken.

And hoshi: great pic!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think what he's doing for Roma is pretty solid, he's scored a lot and he's carried the team. But he's no Nedved in the blue shirt and I don't see a reason to bank on him, others could do what he does.

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
I like Totti only when he wears Azzurri jersey ;)
I think: all no Juve fan like shim in Roma shirt..
:almost every Juve fan likes him in Azzurri shirt ;)

He's a good player, but not good enough! Del Piero is better :extatic:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
we admit it...totti is a great player. The best playmaker in Italy and one of the best in Europe when he's on top form.

but i dont like his attitude and spirit.

He's a great asset to the Azzuri, that's why many of us like him in the Azzurri shirt (even in an undeserved #10 Jersey :fero:)

(you have to love how DP insisted on the #7 as to not cause contravery and trouble :touched: )

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
we admit it...totti is a great player. The best playmaker in Italy and one of the best in Europe when he's on top form.
He isn't but he can be. From time to time. Won't compare him to Recoba but they're not completely dissimilar (though Chino is cool of course, :totti: isn't ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)