The Totti Non-Fan Club (7 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Had to revert the title back to the original. Lac's title simply made no sense :p Either you're anti or you're a fan, not both. On the other hand, a "non fan club" is a negation of the fan club, which is perfectly logical ;):D

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #86
    sounds so bad its like only Totti could do something like that....:rolleyes:

besides courageously lead his team onward.....to EIGHTH PLACE in the league......:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    hey its original name was the totti non-fan club- like it was against his FANS, not him....:rolleyes: x 2

:D
    No it wasn't, what kind of twisted logic is that? :p

Mary is strong.
    Negation: Mary is not strong.

fan club
    Negation: non fan club

Get it? ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Had to revert the title back to the original. Lac's title simply made no sense :p Either you're anti or you're a fan, not both. On the other hand, a "non fan club" is a negation of the fan club, which is perfectly logical ;):D
    Not exactly. You can be fan and you can be anti - both.
    Anti-Totti fan club means, that there is some fun club composed of opponents of Fransesco Totti. So all members there are fans of some idea, which is: being against Totti = so anti-Totti.
    And it's logical.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    No it's not. :D It really isn't. Either you like player or you don't. You cannot both like him AND oppose him. And if you want it to be a fan club for those who oppose Totti, you'd have to rephrase because your suggestion does not make that point. :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    :(:mad::irritate: and what more? :fero:

I wrote long reply and database error killed it!

Bascically, you completely didn't get my point.
    I didn't say anything that I must like him.
    I can dislike him AND I can be member of fan club of people who are against him.
    Have you ever heard about: "The association of opponents..." or even "Fan club of opponents..." - people who just dislike someone or something and do everything against this?

I sense that the problem is in the definition of fan word: you don't see another meaning of this word. Like people who are fans of some idea.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    When I see the word "fan" in context of a player I don't see a lot of room for interpretation. I understand your idea but I claim you have to rephrase it for it to make sense, you can't use "the anti totti fan club" IMO.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    This thread isn't as popular as it used to be in the old days.

Perhaps it's because Totti and his beloved club have managed to slip into the black hole of the mid-table :p :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    jejejej maybe its that the main reason!!!

totti is not doing topics to talk about him,,,things like "hey you saw the cl yesterday´s game?? totti cried like a baby when the referee showed the red card".

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Yeah, he has a course for it set up in his back yard. Basically it's flat grass, but every so often there's a blade higher than the rest. When he hits that, down he goes :)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    hmm...and then he goes back to his research and observation lab and conducts a full anylisis...then he performs dozens of experiments using state of the art equipment to further improve his magnificent technique...all this to push the envelope in the art of DIVING!

:thumb: what a perfectionist!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)