The TIM Cup (3 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
No he was terrible, it was his worst ever match IMO
I am not using this as an excuse. he don't want to stay...that is more than obvious, why should we risk losing him on free the next summer.:undecide:
It's not obvious. don't believe this media crap untill it's official.
worst ever match is again too exaggerated.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think the 2 matches against Inter and Milan weren't bad .. we did play better in the first match against Milan though - not that the result really maters - but we did create many chances and were more solid .. against Inter we lacked the cutting edge, we moved the ball well from defence to midfield, but couldn't threat Inter with much chances .. we also gave Inter too much space in midfield and waited for them to attack ..

Buffon was again great and is by far Juve's most consistent player during pre-season .. he saved some shots from Seedorf and Pippo against Milan but couldn't do a thing to stop Crespo's close-range header, it was the defence's fault ..

Iuliano played one of his best matches in pre-season against Milan, blocking all shots and clearing Inzaghi from danger .. it was his birthday today ;) ..

Montero also had a commanding role and forged a solid partnership with Iuliano against Milan .. should've done better to stop Crespo's header ..

Thuram played for the first time and looked fit, even though he didn't do much of his famous runs down the right flank ..

Pessotto had a good game too, defending well and attacking whenever there was a chance ..

Maresca defended well in midfield and had some good tackles that stopped Milan from advancing .. good flowing passes too ..

Appiah had an average game until he scored that beautiful volley .. it revived him and he suddenly played much better afterwards ..

Conte played well, in fact much better than the previous friendlies he participated in .. Keep it up Antonio !!

Nedved showed that he is ready and roaring for the new season with yet another magnificient display .. perfect assists and a fantastic match that earned him Most Valuable Player in the tournament .. he fought hard against Inter when we were down but sadly it wasn't enough ..

Di Vaio played well but his positioning was rather bad, many good chances were wasted because we was usually called offside by the ref ..

Olivera missed an early chance but then was lost in the middle of the match ..

Ferrara joined agaisnt Inter and did well .. nearly scored a goal with a bicycle kick only for the ball to balloon away :D

Zambrotta played as leftback but I'm not sure if it was really him .. he was strangley off form and nothing seemed to go right for him .. better luck next time Gianluca !!

Tudor was finally back and had a good match .. played as a defensive midfielder with Tacchi .. solid performance ..

Tacchi nearly scored twice but missed both chances .. other than that played well, but wasn't as dominating as usual ..

Davids had an awful match .. maybe the transfer talk is distracting him because he wasn't focused and didn't challenge for the ball like he used to in the past .. hope he could shrug it off soon !!

Camoranesi did his usual stuff (but no goal from a header this time) .. nice dribbles and control with the ball .. made some crosses but didn't threaten with any shots on Toldo ..

Del Piero had another average match .. good dribbles and movement with the ball but no real chances .. Alex needs to improve !!

Quote of the tournament: "Unfortunately we know what Materazzi is like, he evidently isn’t going to change.”

Carlo Ancelotti on Marco Materazzi after the dangerous lunge on Inzaghi who got a kick on his chest in the last minutes of the match.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #384
    Thanks for the review, Fahad :) It's good to hear that DP played average and not terrible like other people were suggesting ;)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    No problem, Stu ;)

About Alex .. I think he could do much much better, maybe he is saving it for latter when it really matters, let's just hope that's the case ..

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #387
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Stu, Del Piero's average is terrible
    Oh shut up, you guys are just being harsh on him because you're expecting a world-class performance ;):p

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Shut up GOAT :D

I just want to mark those words for people who don't believe me

Davids had an awful match .. maybe the transfer talk is distracting him because he wasn't focused and didn't challenge for the ball like he used to in the past .. hope he could shrug it off soon !!
    Del Piero had another average match .. good dribbles and movement with the ball but no real chances .. Alex needs to improve !!
    Oded, Didn't i say this before. :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    With all the depth in midfield, Lippi is Still playing Tudor there!!! :wallbang: :groan:
    that did piss me off :groan: he has around 12 midfielders and still playing tudor as a DM :fero:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Why not Tudor ?? :D He actually played well ..

Against Milan the midfield was like this:

--- Nedved -------------------------------- Conte--

---------------- Appiah --- Maresca ---------------

Agaisnt Inter:

---- Davids ------------------------------ Camoranesi --

----------------- Tudor ---- Tacchi ------------------------

(Nedved played upfront with Del Piero)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Hello guys. I am on holiday at the moment in Taormina (sicily) so I couldn't log in before findind an internet cafe. I still saw these last 3 games and here's my thoughts :D

I thought Juve these past games (Reggina and Tim Cup) proved again that they're very physically fit and doing nicely on the schedule (unlike Milan who seem so much out of form in all departments). Inter are a bit too inconsistent, and maybe if we had strikers to play up front from the start, the game might have ended in a different way.

- Appiah is really impressing, and as much as I love Davids, I think the young Ghana player is playing better at the moment.ù

- Camo is back to his old self. In the last part of last season, I hardly saw him dribble any players, but now he's back to dribbling and crossing and even scoring.

- DP is playing much better now than he was in the previous matches, and that's good for Lippi and his decision makings. He's back to dribbling players and running rather than jogging. He was really good against Reggina and Inter at certain points, though I thought Maresca deserved the man of the match award against Reggina. Still good games by DP.

- I won't have time to read any replies at the moment cos my internet cafe time is running out, and since I'm not reading any news I'm a bit concerned about Miccoli. Hope it's not a serious thing and that he will be available against Milan. Same for Trez...what happened there??

- Montero is back to his best form. Yesterday I saw some really excellent defending! He'll always remain my favourite Juve defender.

- Nice to see Thuram back

- Maresca is really dutile as we saw. He can play both as DM and AM which is really great news for our team cos he gives us many different options

- Overall good performances by Juve and surely make me looking very forward to the new season.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
    Shut up GOAT :D

I just want to mark those words for people who don't believe me

Oded, Didn't i say this before. :)
    i'm still not convinced :D
    I think Fahad was a bit harsh on Davids too. I agree about the tackles thing though :( well it was just a 45 minutes match in a freindly
    and Del Piero had some good movements but he was terrible overall and he ruined out attacks. he wasn't a threat to Inter and he was too predictable as I already said.
    btw Fahad you forgot to mention Birindelli. he saved our ass many times against Inter

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Oh shut up, you guys are just being harsh on him because you're expecting a world-class performance ;):p
    dont u all think that hes a world class player so shouldnt he perform like that ? ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++
    dont u all think that hes a world class player so shouldnt he perform like that ? ;)
    I agree. Sure, we're not expecting 2 goals and 1 assist per game, but from a world class player, I think we've sadly grown used to seeing so little from our Alex. It's such a pity to see him looking uninspired, lazy and timid. As Juve fans, it's our nature to expect world class performances from our captain and icon.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    - Appiah is really impressing, and as much as I love Davids, I think the young Ghana player is playing better at the moment.ù

- DP is playing much better now than he was in the previous matches, and that's good for Lippi and his decision makings. He's back to dribbling players and running rather than jogging. He was really good against Reggina and Inter at certain points, though I thought Maresca deserved the man of the match award against Reggina. Still good games by DP.
    Even Glenn noticed that :thumb:

:D

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    i'm still not convinced :D
    I think Fahad was a bit harsh on Davids too. I agree about the tackles thing though :(
    I don't think I would be harsh on any Juve player for no reason .. Davids did have an off-night compared to his own standards .. he didn't contribute much like the others, his passes weren't accurate, and more importantly he didn't try to recover the balls with his well-known perfect tackles like he used to .. Having said that, I'm sure Davids will regain his form back once the contract problems are over .. I remember he also had some bad games when the nandrolone case first floated .. off-field matters would certainly affect a players form ..

++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    btw Fahad you forgot to mention Birindelli. he saved our ass many times against Inter
    That's true .. I terribly forgot about Biri he had a good match too .. he certainly deserves a mention ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)