The Tablet Thread (3 Viewers)

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #42
    So there was a groupon offer this week for $200 for a 16GB Toshiba Thrive. Knowing the lameness of HP and their TouchPad drought I figured why not and bought the groupon. My Thrive should arrive on Tuesday.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #44
    Yea like I said for $200 on the 16gb there was no way I could pass that up. I plan on modding the fack out of this tab when I get it. But most tabs start at $350 so that would turn me off immediately.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm surprised this thread has gone so long without any mention of the ASUS Transformer. That's the closest a tablet has come to replacing a notebook so far.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Does anyone have an iPad? How is it? Thinking of getting one for my sis.
    Depends what you want to do with it. If you want to play fun games, browser the web and watch Youtube videos, it's great.

If you want to get anything done, go Android.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I'm surprised this thread has gone so long without any mention of the ASUS Transformer. That's the closest a tablet has come to replacing a notebook so far.
    Sheik and I discussed some tablets in the Android thread. I am thinking of getting one and the ASUS transformer is not something I would buy because it has a lot of backlight bleed and the build is cheap somehow.

Check out the Xoom 2. Now that's a tablet worth buying.

I worked quite a lot on a Samsung 10 yesterday and it is also quite impressive.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sheik and I discussed some tablets in the Android thread. I am thinking of getting one and the ASUS transformer is not something I would buy because it has a lot of backlight bleed and the build is cheap somehow.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011

Yea my favorite are the Samsung tablets very slick great functionality and great processor

Apr 15, 2006
    The 32Gb Motorola Xoom is available now for about $500. I think it would be perfect for my mom who really finds PC's to be complicated. What do you guys think?

Jack, anything you regret about the Xoom?

EDIT: Acer Iconia A500 for pretty much the same price.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
    The 32Gb Motorola Xoom is available now for about $500. I think it would be perfect for my mom who really finds PC's to be complicated. What do you guys think?

Jack, anything you regret about the Xoom?

EDIT: Acer Iconia A500 for pretty much the same price.
    In terms of mothers and computers I did the same for mine as she couldn't get around a pc so I got her an Ipad and shes loving it.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
    Depends what you want to do with it. If you want to play fun games, browser the web and watch Youtube videos, it's great.

If you want to get anything done, go Android.
    I dont get it. What functionality does an android tablet have over an Ipad that lets you 'get anything done'? Or are you just being a fandroid?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I dont get it. What functionality does an android tablet have over an Ipad that lets you 'get anything done'? Or are you just being a fandroid?
    Mostly the former, but from what I've seen (I don't own a tablet), my Galaxy Tab owning friends have to pay for fewer $15 productivity apps than their iPad using counterparts.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Gonna order the Iconia tab.
    Why not the Xoom?

But to answer your question, I found Motorola cheap in terms of what is in the box. They sent only a wall charger and a USB cable. Where I would have wished for a HDMI cable and a simple sleeve. But other than that the Acer and the Xoom have the exact same specifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)