The Tablet Thread (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
most people wouldn't want the hassle of having to attach an external disk drive to burn media though

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
yup,i actually had a woman at work asking me how she could get data from a disk to another disk

i explained how easy to do it was and she looked at me completey lost

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
best of it is she said "its NTSC (American format) so i can't look at the pictures on my DVD"

i asked "can you see it on your PC?"

"yes,thats the only way i can see them"

:wallbang:
so she knew she had to watch it on the PC but never had the lateral thinking to realise she could copy the pictures to her PC and then transfer them to...well..pretty much anything she wanted

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
aye...but she felt the need to explain that to ME:lol:

you know,to show that she knew what she was talking about

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
As a couch surfer to browse the net or check email. or for media and/or games while in bed, on the train/plane, etc, it serves its purpose. Swag was right on the money when he said they are geared towards consumption rather than creation, and for that reason (amongst others), I am still holding off.

The ipad 2 is the only truly polished tablet atm, and it comes with a slew of tradeoffs (no flash, no microsd, no hdmi or usb unless you pay for a ridiciolously overpiced cable, and itunes).

The competition differ only on screen quality, ports and price, as the core experience will be more or less similar since they are all powered by tegra 2 and run honeycomb. RIM has taken a different direction with QNX and the OMAP 4430, but like the honeycomb tablets, is still a software update from living up to it's true potential in terms of functionality.

If I had to choose 1 right now, I would get a nook colour. It does all the basics for half the price, supports flash, and if apps are your thing, last time I checked it has access to them without rooting it.

I'm still holding off, at least until tegra 3, since I feel the price is still to high for what you get.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I had to type an email on an iPad today, albeit a small one but it was still a bitch. It was awkward typing on it and the most annoying thing is that it doesn't have a mouse wheel or arrows to move the cursor and it doesn't always respond to tapping ahead or behind a word.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Motorola Xoom needs to be called in this thread. One of the finest that I've seen 'till now.

Tablets are too pricy for me, rather have a kick-ass smartphone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)