The Super League (18 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
That still may not cut it, additional reform required to bring in more sponsors, investors. It has to be billed as the very best, better than PL to attract the best resources. Also more participation from fans required to control the narrative.
Epl teams need to be boycotted once they Super League is open. Right now Juventus, Real, Barcelona and Bayern have enough fans to keep people's interests.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
I'm believing in the conspiracy that the EPL clubs joined, and then immediately left the SL to make themselves look better, and to put the final nail in the coffin for Serie A and La Liga. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, they're already the Super League.

OP
Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #4,184
    At this rate if TSL doesnt happen. Barca, Real, Juve, Inter, Bayern will become like Porto. Psg and City will dominate football for years to come.

I remember when City started investing, manure fans were making fun of them that player join them only for money and they have no chance to win. In last 10 years, no team has been more successful than City. And Manure has become a second tier team who loses in Uefa final to Villareal.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    At this rate if TSL doesnt happen. Barca, Real, Juve, Inter, Bayern will become like Porto. Psg and City will dominate football for years to come.

I remember when City started investing, manure fans were making fun of them that player join them only for money and they have no chance to win. In last 10 years, no team has been more successful than City. And Manure has become a second tier team who loses in Uefa final to Villareal.
    No dominance lasts forever, the balance shifts every now and then.

It's all about staying as close to the top as possible, there's more than one way to stay competitive and win stuff.

OP
    Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #4,186
    No dominance lasts forever, the balance shifts every now and then.

It's all about staying as close to the top as possible, there's more than one way to stay competitive and win stuff.
    That is true. But barca and real not as attractive as city and PSG. A young talent like Chiesa would rather join oil clubs than spanish ‘giants’.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

It is hard to imagine Barca and Real not being competitive long term. They have the biggest fan base in the world, huge stadiums and many talented local players. Barca and Real will be fine. Bayern too.
    Juve is also a relatively rich albeit mismanaged club over the past few years. We have many opportunities to grow without being Barca and Real's servants. The people who support this "unholy" trinity will be in for a rude awakening once they realise the true role of Juve in it.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It is hard to imagine Barca and Real not being competitive long term. They have the biggest fan base in the world, huge stadiums and many talented local players. Barca and Real will be fine. Bayern too.
    Juve is also a relatively rich albeit mismanaged club over the past few years. We have many opportunities to grow without being Barca and Real's servants. The people who support this "unholy" trinity will be in for a rude awakening once they realise the true role of Juve in it.

Corona might close down the stadiums. Both Barca and Real have huge debts. Neither of them look impressive enough nor I'd be scared to get them in the CL at this point. They are just a shadow of their old self at the moment. I'm not saying they will be relegated, of course not, but imo they lost the race and they are in a need of major squad rebuilding in order to get back on the track and that will take like 5 years at least. During that period we'll see more and more scary versions of City and PSG simply because they can point a finger and buy whoever they want.

We'll always be a tough nut to crack but we'll never be in that category. Our summer mercato this year will prove that. We're simply too limited with the budget and options. We can't sign star players in their prime years. It's either great young talents or fading stars. That's about it. Our best bet is to fish in the Serie A pool but even there they will rape us financially.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
    Corona might close down the stadiums. Both Barca and Real have huge debts. Neither of them look impressive enough nor I'd be scared to get them in the CL at this point. They are just a shadow of their old self at the moment. I'm not saying they will be relegated, of course not, but imo they lost the race and they are in a need of major squad rebuilding in order to get back on the track and that will take like 5 years at least. During that period we'll see more and more scary versions of City and PSG simply because they can point a finger and buy whoever they want.

We'll always be a tough nut to crack but we'll never be in that category. Our summer mercato this year will prove that. We're simply too limited with the budget and options. We can't sign star players in their prime years. It's either great young talents or fading stars. That's about it. Our best bet is to fish in the Serie A pool but even there they will rape us financially.
    In the 90ies probably everyone thought that Serie A will be forever the top dog, but 20 years later this has never been further from the truth.
    Yes, Real and Barca will have short term trouble, but they are the biggest brands in world football.
    You really do not know what is gonna happen in 5 years. Roman may fall out of favour with Putin, there may be another Arab spring or oil prices to collapse because EVs will have become dominant in the car market etc.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    In the 90ies probably everyone thought that Serie A will be forever the top dog, but 20 years later this has never been further from the truth.
    Yes, Real and Barca will have short term trouble, but they are the biggest brands in world football.
    You really do not know what is gonna happen in 5 years. Roman may fall out of favour with Putin, there may be another Arab spring or oil prices to collapse because EVs will have become dominant in the car market etc.

Well. I suppose. But if I don't know what is going to happen in five years then you don't as well. Your opinion is just as subjective as mine, but mine is tied to current realistic events, since we can't buy shit, and you're putting us in the same cage with top tier clubs when it comes to spending. I'd say you are a bigger dreamer.

Mar 10, 2009

Not really, look at AC Milan.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
    Well. I suppose. But if I don't know what is going to happen in five years then you don't as well. Your opinion is just as subjective as mine, but mine is tied to current realistic events, since we can't buy shit, and you're putting us in the same cage with top tier clubs when it comes to spending. I'd say you are a bigger dreamer.
    I know we can't spend as much as the biggest spenders, but we will able to afford many players too.
    I also base my predictions on current events:
    -Putin is getting old and more unpredictable. Russia is a powder keg.
    -EVs are taking double digits market share in Western Europe, soon in USA and China.
    - Less flying due to Covid, less traveling overall - lower oil demand. Although flying and traveling will recover fast.
    -Even rich Arab countries suffered big budget deficits last year. They are heavily dependent on oil revenue so years of low oil prices can have huge political and social impact.
    As I said in other thread, money does not guarantee you success, especially in Europe. Real spend a fraction of Man City's budget on transfers in 2010's but won 4 CL while City won fuck all.
    Juve has some good players currently, so we do not need so much rejuvenation but just less transfers but with higher quality.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Football is broken and PSG is ridiculous, they basically have an all star team. How are other clubs going to compete with that
    When they bought Neymar and Mbappe in a single summer they broke football finances for good. 400 mil on two attackers in a single summer. Neymar broke the old transfer record by ~215%, Mbappe by 175%. No club can compete with that. It’s absurd.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I remember thinking how crazy it was when Liverpool broke its transfer record when they bought Cisse for 13 million lol. How times have changed.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    I know we can't spend as much as the biggest spenders, but we will able to afford many players too.
    I also base my predictions on current events:
    -Putin is getting old and more unpredictable. Russia is a powder keg.
    -EVs are taking double digits market share in Western Europe, soon in USA and China.
    - Less flying due to Covid, less traveling overall - lower oil demand. Although flying and traveling will recover fast.
    -Even rich Arab countries suffered big budget deficits last year. They are heavily dependent on oil revenue so years of low oil prices can have huge political and social impact.
    As I said in other thread, money does not guarantee you success, especially in Europe. Real spend a fraction of Man City's budget on transfers in 2010's but won 4 CL while City won fuck all.
    Juve has some good players currently, so we do not need so much rejuvenation but just less transfers but with higher quality.

Lol. Even the Gulf countries know that oil is a dying business. They are heavily invested in solar and battery technology, and in key industrial sectors such as specialty chemicals and semiconductors.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    It's a lot easier when every single club in your country bends over backwards for your convenience.
    And still theyre managed very well - their formation has been set for more than a decade and theyre buying players that fit specific roles, which makes them efficient in the squad planning. Sure they also take an opportunity like Coutinho or James or switch away from 433 once in a while, but the approach is very pragmatic most of the time. I wish we were that efficient.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)