The spotlight is on.... Milan (2 Viewers)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    If Juve weren't my very favourite team, I wouldn't even follow Serie A. I don't know how people manage to watch it if they haven't any interest in the teams...
    I wouldn't watch any sport without interest in the teams/athletes involved.

Dec 27, 2003
    You guys are aware that the next Winter Olympics will take place in Turin, right? I have not been in Turin for a couple of years now, and it seems that the city is being totally rebuilt for the occasion. At least that's what my juventini cousins there tell me.

I personally find the 40 km relay in cross-country skiing to be one of the most epic disciplines that sports can provide us with.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    I personally find the 40 km relay in cross-country skiing to be one of the most epic disciplines that sports can provide us with.
    I even prefer watching Liverpool to that. It's 50km btw.

Dec 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I even prefer watching Liverpool to that. It's 50km btw.
    50 km indeed. The 40 km individual race is great too, though

Watching Liverpool instead? You must be kidding. Cross country skiing is like cycling on snow : an incredible endurance test where only the strongest survive. Anyone who saw the 50 km relay in Lillehammer 94, where Silvio Fauner beat Bjorn Daelie only by half a meter, will agree in saying it is spectacular.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I've been watching the winter olympics all my life, biathlon especially, and I never remembered any names or winners. It is much more fun to watch than track or swimming...

As for Milan- yes, they have been impressive. The guy who came up with all that interesting statistics has done a great job.

But surprises do happen. Remember the Euro 2000 Italy - Holland semifinal? That was the most effective performance by a team I support ever.

I don't see why Juventus cannot do something similar this weekend against Milan. (Even though I was thinking the same thing before the Deportivo clash).

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Watching Liverpool instead? You must be kidding. Cross country skiing is like cycling on snow : an incredible endurance test where only the strongest survive. Anyone who saw the 50 km relay in Lillehammer 94, where Silvio Fauner beat Bjorn Daelie only by half a meter, will agree in saying it is spectacular.
    If I was sitting there with you I surely would not have lasted that long, not even with a dozen cups of coffee. Sitting through a cross country skiing race, now that's an excercise in endurance if I ever saw one!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    If Juve weren't my very favourite team, I wouldn't even follow Serie A. I don't know how people manage to watch it if they haven't any interest in the teams...
    good point.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I wouldn't watch any sport without interest in the teams/athletes involved.
    I am able to watch Epl and La Liga games without fuss even when it's two teams I couldn't care less about. I love to watch the game of football, but not Serie A style. It's too disjointed and stagnant.

Aug 1, 2003
    Which one is curling? Is it the one where 2 players get on this board-like thing in a limited space and slide all the way?

There's this weird winter game I saw and never understood but forgot its name. Its like you hold a mop-looking thing and just slide it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    No that's the one with the guys with brooms furiously scrubbing away at the ice in front of a large moving stone!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    No that's the one with the guys with brooms furiously scrubbing away at the ice in front of a large moving stone!

:LOL: this is the wierdest game on earth....They're all just a bunch of housemades/butlers. :D (no offense to any :D )

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Look at the guys's face :LOL: It can't be that much of a strain, can it!?
    :LOL: he's aiming aparently, that helps....

could you just see Becks with that facial expression while kicking a FK! :D

it'd be interesting to see those two janitors bump heads! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)