The significance of August 31st 2004 - the story of juve continues (1 Viewer)

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
For many weeks the fans of the legendary Juventus have been panicking as to who Juve will sign and nothing has been happening. We were worrying ourselves with players like janku, oddo etc. We watched as other teams signed great players like stam, mexes, carvalho etc and we didnt seem to be following the trend and we insulted the management of juve. But we have done so unjustly. In Juve's quest for greatness, it seems that on 31st August they have achieved that, by signing Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic. Because of Cannavaro's poor season last time round, fans arent as hyped up about him. But I feel that this is a great moment for Juve. If someone asks you, who are the best defenders in the world, you automatically have a few names spring into your mind: Nesta, Stam, Cannavarro, Thuram. And im not talking about recent players that have been making a name for themselves, like carvalho etc, im talking about players that have been the best for years. Since i can remember Canno was a great. And now we have signed him.

Cannavaro is not a player that will retire early, he seems to me as one who will be like ferrarra, he will be great for 5 years still. And you can quote me on that in 5 years.

Zlatan, he is amazing. Sometimes I feel like im the only one who watches Eredivisie when I read the posts about him. If anybody watched last game with him in you will be amazed at what he was doing without breaking a sweat. The guy was doing anything, great crosses, overhead shots on target, dribbling pass 5 defenders and still scoring, brilliant passes to create scoring oppurtunities. I will sum him up in a line: "To say that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a good player is the understatement of the century."

When players like him are signed a great sadness overcomes me. You see, it is my dream to watch Del Piero play live for Juventus. Basically to go to the Delle Alpi and see Alex score a goal would do it for me. But his time is getting closer and it doesnt seem as if i will be able to see him before that. Zlatan will effectively become the as Del Piero is. Zlatan is only 22. Yet for me he is already one of top 5 strikers in the world. The thing about Zlatan is that he has so many strengths that things like injuries wont hold him back for long. He doesnt rely on pace to make him great such as Henry who would not be great after 30. I feel that Zlatan falls into that unique category of players that dont rely on physical attributes to define themselves again such as Henry(pace and height), Heskey(height and strength), etc but he belongs with Zidane(vision and technique), Del Piero(dribbling and inspiration and personality), totti(skill and vision), Ronaldinho(almost everything), etc.

Zlatan will be 33 years and will have won world player of the year 3 times already and will be up for nomination in that year.

You can also count on Del Piero to guide this youngster who has a strange personality.

Heres an important point to remember: When Zlatan plays in Holland, he is nonchalant and still does amazing things against whoever he likes. His development at Ajax is at a standstill because of a weak league. When he is subjected to Italian training and discipline he will transform, and he will be a scary thought for defenders world wide.

The only risk in Zlatan is his ego.

Otherwise expect us to win all competitions this year or come close doing it.

Have faith in the team that makes spend hours on forums such as these.

Cheers

Aziz

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Ya with Zlatan and Cannavaro on the way, I HONESTLY feel like this Juve team is gonna do REALLY well this year. WIth Emerson as well, and Zebina, Moggi has definately done well this campaign. I see us winning hte scudetto, and maybe even more.

Got an all star squad for sure now.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
He doesnt rely on pace to make him great such as Henry who would not be great after 30. I feel that Zlatan falls into that unique category of players that dont rely on physical attributes to define themselves again such as Henry(pace and height), Heskey(height and strength), etc but he belongs with Zidane(vision and technique), Del Piero(dribbling and inspiration and personality), totti(skill and vision), Ronaldinho(almost everything), etc.
Very good post but I disagree with this part, Zlatan relies very heavily on his strength to wrestle players for the ball, otherwise he would be pushed away and lose the ball all the time like smaller players.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++

He doesnt rely on pace to make him great such as Henry who would not be great after 30. I feel that Zlatan falls into that unique category of players that dont rely on physical attributes to define themselves again such as Henry(pace and height)/

Aziz
Typically: Henry is the best player in the world and because he happens to be the fastest player as well people think Henry hasn't got anything to offer despite his pace. Well let me tell you: Henry is a fantastic football player and besides that he's got the great asset of being a fantastic runner. Zlatan isn't and never will be as good as Henry.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Typically: Henry is the best player in the world and because he happens to be the fastest player as well people think Henry hasn't got anything to offer despite his pace. Well let me tell you: Henry is a fantastic football player and besides that he's got the great asset of being a fantastic runner. Zlatan isn't and never will be as good as Henry.
maybe so, BUT Ronaldinho is FOR ME 2 times better then Henry..

i rether have 1 Ronaldinho at Juve then 2 Henry's...

Ronaldinho is IMO the BEST PLAYER (not attacker, not midfielder or something) But Football PLAYER !!!

Btw, dont say NEVER.. Forza Zlatan !

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Yeah, excellent post.

I hope I will remember this August 31st in May of 2005 when a Juventus player raises a Champions League Cup above his head.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Top-knotch transfer campaign imo. Cannavaro, Emerson and Ibrahimovic are all fantastic purchases.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Is this transfer campaign better than the one we had after Zidane's sale ?

I certainly think so... Capello, Cannavaro, Emerson, Zlatan. (Kapor and Zebina aren't too shabby either)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
nice post aziz.. but my heart is still bitter about Miccoli's departure..
there is no problem with the departure of miccoli...he will be back in 2-3 years if he plays good....trust me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)