The REVOLUTION of football, and Roma seems to be setting themselves up to be unstoppa (2 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Gogeta

Jan 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
cmon. we all hate roma. but it'd be so boring if they're not in serie a. it will be for us. i mean, we can't miss out on those sensi-moggi arguments, those totti bashing, those cassano acne...
You have a good point it wouldn't be the same

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Everyone is talking about how they are waiting for the day that Roma gets relegated to C2 due to their financial difficluties. I'm just giving an opinion on why I feel it will never happen.
If Roma was to be relegated then there's loads of other teams waiting that same destiny. I don't mean this in competetive-wise but political, not just securing some roman voters, but think about all the banks which have granted those loans and their future after that..

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

oh word. those arguments really do seem kinda stupid. why would u want that to happen to anyone besides your worst enemies?
Whose argument is stupid, mine??

Well, if that's the case, then I appreciate your candor :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

Whose argument is stupid, mine??

Well, if that's the case, then I appreciate your candor :D
not you- all thse bastards who are like "I wish they got relegated and filed for bankruptcy."

You know i love you dearly Master Shake

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
IMO, it would be a really bad news if Roma gets Bankrupcy because this affects the whole serie A situation.
But i been hearing for the last ten years the same story: that roma his very cleaver to choose his transfers, that he will become numer one in italian teams, etc.

But the truth is that roma is well known for his lack of results: they have seventy or so years of existance and had win...two scudettos
they just miss what juve has always had: mentalità vincente

Aug 1, 2003
of course it's bad news if roma went bankrupt. hell fiorentina is our enemy and it's sad news what happened to them. parma gives us hell everytime we play them but it's sad what happened to them. if milan or inter or roma all are in trouble it'd be sad. because things won't be the same. and what would football be without the great rivalries?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Not that they shouldn't be hated, but football wouldn't be nearly as fun if all of our rivals were relegated to Serie C1 and we had no decent competition

OP

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    In retrospect to my post: We now have Roma's manager. I was shocked to say the least when I heard the news. I must be honest, at first I was dissappointed because I saw Cappello as a rival. And then I read a couple of posts and everyone brought to my attention the better side of things with Capello in charge. And I appreciated it. And now Capello is saying things that make sense - like he wants emerson, he wants Cannavaro and he talks about great players. The players that we here love talking about and it is creating an excitement.

I remember that year when we finished sixth in serie a and i felt that it would take quite a lot for us to come back up. But somehow the Juve management performed. And we started winning as if there was no such bad season. That is the strength of Juve. The character it displays. No matter how we lash out at the club it always makes a comeback. And I believe in juventus.

I feel a sensation of de ja vu currently, and i must honestly say that we will come back up, no matter who the coach is or who the players are, we will make a winning plan.

As for Roma, they have all these young players coming into the side and they must be thinking to themselves, we are gonna have to develop these youngsters. And they must have thought to themselves, Capello can do that but is that what he wants to do. We dont think so. So lets get someone who is proven at working with youngster. " Oh, wait says Sensi, I have an idea, that Prandelli guy seems to be doing well with his young team, i mean, he can really develop our players.". And then Roma hires Prandelli. And now it seems Roma have mexes, ferarri and chivu at the back. Wow. What a defence. 3 of the best young defenders at their age in the world. These aer the defenders that all the teams around the world have been talking about and somehow Roma has managed to make them come to one team. Why are these players so attracted to Roma? Thats my question for today.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    The transfer period is just started, no major signing were completed and Im pretty sure there wont be any till the end of the EC.

I think lots of us acting like someone who dont know what transfer period is all about. About 1% of the rumours are true, and usually he biggest signings only known when completed. So for me Its a bit early to scare from a Roma defense of Ferrari and Mexes.

OP

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    Ok, good point. But remember that this is not a normal transfer period. The Euro 2004 is starting. And National team managers are likely not gonna allow their players to be involved in transfers agreements becuase it might affect their concentration on the tournament. So I think that the next few days are very important for clubs to reach agreements with the players that they want. Also do not forget that the interest in players rise greatly after such tournaments and this will make certain players harder to attain.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Roma is not heading into financial disaster, by no means.

Sensi just sold two of his hotels and his share of Rome airport for approx EURO 150 million ;)

It seems that half of it goes straight to Roma ;)

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
    Ok, good point. But remember that this is not a normal transfer period. The Euro 2004 is starting. And National team managers are likely not gonna allow their players to be involved in transfers agreements becuase it might affect their concentration on the tournament. So I think that the next few days are very important for clubs to reach agreements with the players that they want.

Also do not forget that the interest in players rise greatly after such tournaments and this will make certain players harder to attain.
    1. it seems to be that no major signings were comleted before the EC (btw most fans number one target (Mexes) is not in the french squad)

2. As some players caching the attention and their fees go up, other class players, who fails to achieve in EC will be cheaper and easier to get. Being good in international competitons doesnt meen being good in club football. Just remeber the Hagi type of players who are playing worldclass during tournaments, signed for huge money and than fade till the next international competition.

++ [ originally posted by *aca*] ++
    Roma is not heading into financial disaster, by no means.

Sensi just sold two of his hotels and his share of Rome airport for approx EURO 150 million

It seems that half of it goes straight to Roma
    The most moderate sources are saying that Roma's debt is about 150 mil, others are whispering about 300 mil, so half of 150 isnt that much.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

The most moderate sources are saying that Roma's debt is about 150 mil, others are whispering about 300 mil, so half of 150 isnt that much.
    Other half will be also given to Roma when investors meet for recapitalisation of AS Roma. That means that Senis will on his own invest 150 Million excluding other investors. If Roma's debt is in 200 million Euro region, it will be wiped off by the end of this year.

Just losing Cappelo will mean something like 4 million Euro a year in saved money. I have feeling that few more players from the "old", high wage guard will be leaving the team soon also.

If the recapitalisation goes as planned and they keep on with cost cutting exercise, they will be financially healthy as necessary to be there for years to come....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)