The REVOLUTION of football, and Roma seems to be setting themselves up to be unstoppa (1 Viewer)

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
I spend a copious amount of time reading these forums and i save my opinion on things that bother me greatly. My issue today is the way Roma are setting themselves up. To me this period in the history of soccer must definitly be termed "the revolution of soccer". Major changes have taken place these past few weeks. And it is signified by the FIFA centenial celebrations where on display were world superstars in nearly every position. After the last world cup it is clear that international teams seem to be evenening out as once weaker teams defeated the traditional powerhouses. More evidently is the crash of the world transfer market. Prices of players have drastically declined and footballers are more than just soccer players but celebrities. But most importantly the greatest scholars of our game are being tossed around from club to club.The coaches - the people who develop superstars.

Lippi is leaving his legendary relationship with Juventus(the number one "lady" in my life), Capello might leave Roma, Real have just appointed a Camacho, Houllier is sacked, Ferguson having his issues with Man u's board, Quiroz sacked, Mourinho going to Chelsea and many others changing the paths of their lives. Instant success is critical nowadays and the tradintional method of building over years has gone by.

Yet i see Roma buying Cassano, then buy Mancini, then comes chivu, then comes mexes and other youngsters with amazing potential and ability for their age. And i think to myself - this seems very traditional.They even have leaders like totti to learn from. And i wonder how strong this squad will be in a few years. Wow, very strong. They will have the potential to develop the greatest defence in a long time. And there attack will be lethal.

Although I have disliked Roma for a long time - the attitude they are displaying might make me neutral towards them.

Thank You.

n.b. hope maresca stays with us forever

Buy on AliExpress.com

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
they are trying to improve their squad although they have financial problems, they are developing with young players and and a good manager,...

concerning mexes, its very normal from them to try and capture him, after samuel left the squad to Real...

Juventus are looking so insubstantial till now in the transfer market, but lets wait and see...

Jul 28, 2002
the number one on number two targets for the fans are goin to roma....unless we pull out cavenaghi and diego... i dont see them making us very happy.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
I spend a copious amount of time reading these forums and i save my opinion on things that bother me greatly. My issue today is the way Roma are setting themselves up. To me this period in the history of soccer must definitly be termed "the revolution of soccer". Major changes have taken place these past few weeks. And it is signified by the FIFA centenial celebrations where on display were world superstars in nearly every position. After the last world cup it is clear that international teams seem to be evenening out as once weaker teams defeated the traditional powerhouses. More evidently is the crash of the world transfer market. Prices of players have drastically declined and footballers are more than just soccer players but celebrities. But most importantly the greatest scholars of our game are being tossed around from club to club.The coaches - the people who develop superstars.

Lippi is leaving his legendary relationship with Juventus(the number one "lady" in my life), Capello might leave Roma, Real have just appointed a Camacho, Houllier is sacked, Ferguson having his issues with Man u's board, Quiroz sacked, Mourinho going to Chelsea and many others changing the paths of their lives. Instant success is critical nowadays and the tradintional method of building over years has gone by.

Yet i see Roma buying Cassano, then buy Mancini, then comes chivu, then comes mexes and other youngsters with amazing potential and ability for their age. And i think to myself - this seems very traditional.They even have leaders like totti to learn from. And i wonder how strong this squad will be in a few years. Wow, very strong. They will have the potential to develop the greatest defence in a long time. And there attack will be lethal.

Although I have disliked Roma for a long time - the attitude they are displaying might make me neutral towards them.

Thank You.

n.b. hope maresca stays with us forever
this is what im petrified with, but roma shouldnt even be allowed to do so as they are in masive debt, yet they can still "finance" the player via i expeceted long term loans from banks....bastards.

OP

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Thanx Zambrotta. By the way, how do i go about changing my username. Or changing my display name?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Yea Yeah Right... you think JUVENTUS is gonna Let Roma and sesni getting the League Next year ... well let it be clear , it wont be like the last year , we aint no Inter or Lazio Or Roma , to watch Teams Winning the scudetto ... If one year passed and we were playing Like sh!t Doesn't mean we wont win the league Next year ....

So Mr Sensi :
    whatever Player your gonna buy , Juve is gonna Kick yo Ass !!
    because We are the champion , and we will Always Be ....
    even if we had all the players with 1 leg , or with 1 feet ... {Scudetto Belong to US} ok SENSI???

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    Yea Yeah Right... you think JUVENTUS is gonna Let Roma and sesni getting the League Next year ... well let it be clear , it wont be like the last year , we aint no Inter or Lazio Or Roma , to watch Teams Winning the scudetto ... If one year passed and we were playing Like sh!t Doesn't mean we wont win the league Next year ....

So Mr Sensi :
    even if we had all the players with 1 leg , or with 1 feet ... {Scudetto Belong to US} ok SENSI???
    How confident :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Az, excellent post, and your points are very valid. I had ranted about this a couple of times myself on other threads, and I share the same concerns that you do.

The bottom line is this. Unless the Italian government decides to move the capital of Italy somewhere else, then you can set your watch to the fact that Roma will be in Serie A and the only way they won't be will be due to actions ON the pitch, not off it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Great post, Az :) As much as I dislike Roma and Sensi, I wish we would operate like they do when it comes to transfers, for the most part anyways.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
    The bottom line is this. Unless the Italian government decides to move the capital of Italy somewhere else, then you can set your watch to the fact that Roma will be in Serie A and the only way they won't be will be due to actions ON the pitch, not off it.
    explain. i dont see how it relates to what he/she says.

Aug 1, 2003
    I don't know... I'm very much upset with how Roma are dealing with things and how Juve seem to sit back and not bother. but at the end of the day, it all depends. I mean, some teams might have great players, but football's a team effort - as inferior we seem to Roma in terms of new players (should they get better ones), we might lose out on good players, but we might not lose out as being a great team.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    azizhen, you do have strong points. Everything is logical.

Roma is in serious trouble financially. They need to sell some fo their experienced players and buy promising Mexes type of players comparatively cheap. That's how they make money. As you mentioned, they have been extremely accurate and smart in their transfer policies.

And Roma has one of the best managers in the world, which is very important.

I personally have no dislike towards Roma, at least not as much as towards Milan. Football they've been showing this year has been very entertaining.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

So Mr Sensi :
    one of the best posts i have ever read here. because its TRUE

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    I really hope Roma goew bankrupt and gets relegated to C2 soon... :D
    They are a big threat for Juve... :down:

Aug 1, 2003
    cmon. we all hate roma. but it'd be so boring if they're not in serie a. it will be for us. i mean, we can't miss out on those sensi-moggi arguments, those totti bashing, those cassano acne...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)