The Return of The King (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Well, because the only version I've found so far was filmed in the movie theatre. So while you watch with terrible picture quality and lack of 5.1 surround sound, sometimes you will see people "go by" in front of the screen... heh heh.

I could've watched it a long time ago, before it even came out in the theatres in the civilized world, but I really don't like the quality. Come on! The movie is so graet you've got ot watch it with surround!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
One thing I never understood through the LOTR series... why doesn't Gandalf use his powers more?! You see him whacking people with his staff and making pretty lights, but not much apart from that :irritate: I'm not a LOTR purist and I haven't read the books, but Gandalf could've beaten Legolas and Aragorn in popularity if he'd thrown some fireballs and summoned some undead :devil:
well, first of all, sorry for the late reply..

second, J.R.R. Tolkein was trying to avoid the word magic in his book.. he didn't want one man to defeat a whole army with a single wave of his staff.. he wanted life in middle-earth to be hard.. that what made it worthwhile..

P.S.. the fact that Gandalf can create fire is maybe because of the Red Ring, Narya, that was given to him by Cirdan the master of the Grey Havens.. Cirdan thought that Gandalf is the wisest of the other three wizards "including Saruman", when they first came to the northwest of middle-earth after a thounsand years of the 3rd age had passed, and he choose to give him the Ring of Fire.. to bear in secret..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
he choose to give him the Ring of Fire.. to bore in secret..
Actually, Gandalf didn't really bore me in secret. It was pretty publicly boring the way he didn't use his powers :p

I understand ur explanation though, thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)