The Return Of Appiah (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Appiah for Turin return?

Ghana captain Stephen Appiah is being linked with a surprise return to Juventus in the winter transfer window.

The 26-year-old midfielder left Turin for Turkish giants Fenerbahce in 2005 for a fee of around £5m after two seasons in the Bianconeri jersey.

Juve are currently on the hunt for midfield options as Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron continue to struggle to settle at the Stadio Olimpico.

Appiah is under contract at the Sukuru Saracoglu Stadium until June 2009, but it has been suggested that he could use FIFA Article 17 to quit Istanbul.

This rule states that players can unilaterally cancel a contract after a “protracted period” if a compensation package, based on their salary, is paid to their club.

It is believed that discussions are at an early stage, but Appiah is said to be keen to return to the peninsula as soon as January.

channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Naah no need for Appiah IMO. Zanetti>Appiah;).
Zanetti is one of the best players ATM in his position. You can't compare him to no one IMO but only to Essien, Ambrosini and etc.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't get Appiah if we had the chance, he's a great player and plays in more than one position. I'd say bring him back.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Ma man. . He needs to get his black ass to turin asap. He is truely a warrior and will bring the added depth,hustle,tenacity and experience our mid field is lacking. .

ItaBomber

Feb 23, 2007
Buy Appiah and Barzagli(/Zaccardo), than we have a Juve for the SCUDETTO!!!
The young players like Marchisio, Giovinco and so on need experience and are for the future!

In two years is Giovinco the new Del Piero!!:eyebrows:

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
this is a prove that almiron and tiago turned out to be a pure GARBAGE for our squad...actually zanetti is so good at the moment and deserves an international call by "ding-dang-doni" and noccerino turned out to be an absolute warrior...yet we lack some kind of creativity on the midfield especially at the center of our midfield...we also feel to get a back up for neddy because of his age and fatigue...i say please come back appiah!!!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The guy failed miserably with Juve the 1st time. I'm all for 2nd chances but we're already packed in the mid. I would only buy one if he was world-class.

Maybe he was played in a different position but I still remember him as a guy who was scared of the ball and losing it most of the time. Nice long distance shot and decent passing but that's all. We need a lot more than that, we need a mid that will make the difference if we can find/afford him. If not then I'm happy with what we got in the team now and on loan.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The guy failed miserably with Juve the 1st time. I'm all for 2nd chances but we're already packed in the mid. I would only buy one if he was world-class.

Maybe he was played in a different position but I still remember him as a guy who was scared of the ball and losing it most of the time. Nice long distance shot and decent passing but that's all. We need a lot more than that, we need a mid that will make the difference if we can find/afford him. If not then I'm happy with what we got in the team now and on loan.
Under Lippi I can't remmber how he failed. He was one of the few players in that 03-04 year performing good when others weren't.

Under Capello he wasn't given lot of chances.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Lippi or Capello, he didn't make the difference. I'd give Tiago/Almiron a second chance and see what they got. Secco invested 21m € on those guys so he will do everything to make it work.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Appiah, has changed, he is now more effective and mature, than ever and also seems more confident and maybe even, a bit stronger too.
Fact is, either Almiron or Tiago are hitting the road, a player like Appiah would be very useful, but we have other priorities now.
Even if we we decide to bring in a new quality DM, we can always find free agents or loan players like Ballack, no need to spend more cash for DM right now...
Besides, there is a tradition, that Juve never buys back players, we sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)