The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (21 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What did you expect of me? Laugh along? Specially with what's going on...
Well, no, but you can't really blame someone for those jokes. I mean, you think we all deserve to burn and you'd laugh when we all die. That's what you say at least.

I understand your anger and frustration, but I'm not sure if it's really helping your cause.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It is, but from Mugabe.

The phrasing makes it sound racist (intentionally obviously), but it's not. You could also say he chased away qualified farmers and now they're starving.

In fact it's an argument I'd make for large parts of Africa. Lots of right wing morons will claim Africans need intelligent and efficient white leaders to thrive. They do not. Educated black people could do the same job. It's just that they are held back way before having the chance to acquire the necessary skills.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It is, but from Mugabe.

The phrasing makes it sound racist (intentionally obviously), but it's not. You could also say he chased away qualified farmers and now they're starving.

In fact it's an argument I'd make for large parts of Africa. Lots of right wing morons will claim Africans need intelligent and efficient white leaders to thrive. They do not. Educated black people could do the same job. It's just that they are held back way before having the chance to acquire the necessary skills.
:agree: "How to ruin a country" by Mugabe should be part of the curriculum in African schools.

Apr 19, 2007
What he did was the definition of racism. They dont need white guy to run it like you said but you also claimed their are no qualified black people in the same sentence. Color of your skin is just a thing but sometimes the color of your skin is a reflection on much deeper truths and facts and that you cant get away from.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What he did was the definition of racism. They dont need white guy to run it like you said but you also claimed their are no qualified black people in the same sentence. Color of your skin is just a thing but sometimes the color of your skin is a reflection on much deeper truths and facts and that you cant get away from.
I wouldn't take it so literally, but there is causality there. If most of your farmers are white then obviously there are going to be significant problems if you get rid of them all and bring in a bunch of people who haven't done it before, doesn't matter what colour their skin is. Mugabe's mistake (on top of a million others) was not having a contingency plan to replace them. He acts then thinks.

What ended up happening is that the inexperienced black farmers, with their newly re-stolen land, starting hiring the experienced white farmers as managers. Funny eh? In the mean time Zimbabwe currently have a bunch of yellow farmers trying to bridge the deficit. Absolute mess, but so often in Africa when something goes wrong the organisation is not there to compensate.

Apr 19, 2007
For instance
Black people are absolute equals in my mind and have every ability to achiev as much as the next person but in America there is a culture that prevents that to some degree. So to say that blavk people in America dont have the ability as the white people in Americ is racist but somewhat true. Not because they arent as smart or because the color of their skin they dont have a brain but because societal situationd hsve caused that

In Zimbabwe White farmers were the ones doing most of this stuff for a long time. Giving the land back to the blacks wasnt a terriblr idrs for the country but driving out a certain group of people caused a voin in which their was nat a qualified group to fill. It just jappened because of sociatal issues before to be across racial lines. Not because of intellect but because of who was doing this

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I wouldn't take it so literally, but there is causality there. If most of your farmers are white then obviously there are going to be significant problems if you get rid of them all and bring in a bunch of people who haven't done it before, doesn't matter what colour their skin is. Mugabe's mistake (on top of a million others) was not having a contingency plan to replace them. He acts then thinks.
It's difficult to talk about such topics in a language that isn't your own. I think davids, you and I have the same opinion about this issue. Unfortunatey I'm not able to write with the necessary nuance for such an issue in English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)