The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (46 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Again times lool. Bieber, the rappers around nowadays and the "r&b" singers are all shit. If they around 10-15 ago thry wouldn't have half a chance of exploding like they did today

man i know a lot of people that speak of drake, bogan sean etc in the same breath as common mos def etc. I remember too back in my last year in high school o used to jam to bob marlry and micheal jsckson and most my friendx where the fuck you listenjng to so now im being called tonton darmouche cause i listen to old shit

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's not about standing out as much as being populist. Someone gets accolades for being a fantastic artist because he paints toilet seats, and scatological humans who haven't evolved beyond their sophomore years in high school eat it up and call the guy genius. And yet none of them could name a single artist who has something framed in the National Gallery.

It's like having Jimi Hendrix booed off the stage because he's opening for Justin Bieber, because Jimi doesn't write enough songs about going to the mall. How is that not sad?
That's where hipseters come in. Fucking hate hipsters, I really do.

- - - Updated - - -

The main problem is that music is considered more of a business these days than an art.
I bet most of the guys back in the day did it to get paid too.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I bet most of the guys back in the day did it to get paid too.
You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Are you seriously saying to me that the music industry of today is the same as it was in the 60s and that's it just as much of a corporate thing now as it was then?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Are you seriously saying to me that the music industry of today is the same as it was in the 60s and that's it just as much of a corporate thing now as it was then?
If given the same circumstances I bet it would have been the same, fact is that the musicians goal was the same, to make a living out of it make monay and be succesful. And in music you become rich if your audience likes you, so it's not about todays corporate thing being rotten, but about the public being rotten.

Most of the great music from the 60s,70s and etc there was an audience for that kind of music, for protests against war and all that shit, today people don't care anymore, they want a chewed up food so it wouldn't make too many problems to eat it. So oyu have this all shit music not because of the industry, but because the circumstances for this kind of shit to prosper is perfect.

Though you're right, I'm mostly arguing for the sake of it, since I'm quite bored and I don't care about most of todays music at all :)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
If given the same circumstances I bet it would have been the same, fact is that the musicians goal was the same, to make a living out of it make monay and be succesful. And in music you become rich if your audience likes you, so it's not about todays corporate thing being rotten, but about the public being rotten.

Most of the great music from the 60s,70s and etc there was an audience for that kind of music, for protests against war and all that shit, today people don't care anymore, they want a chewed up food so it wouldn't make too many problems to eat it. So oyu have this all shit music not because of the industry, but because the circumstances for this kind of shit to prosper is perfect.

Though you're right, I'm mostly arguing for the sake of it, since I'm quite bored and I don't care about most of todays music at all :)
:agree:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When everyone laughs at a joke you don't get

When someone offers witty insight

When someone says you can have a bite of their food

When people you don’t know tell you their problems

When someone tells a dirty joke

When friends talk about something you weren’t invited to

When the teacher says you can’t write the essay the day before it’s due

When you really like the song, but don’t know the lyrics yet

When you drop something and catch it before it hits the ground (That's me :lol:)

When your parents bought you a Happy Meal and you got the toy you wanted

- - - Updated - - -

When you enter a store and need help from an employee

When you realize you’re chewing on a borrowed pen

When Youtube lets you skip the ad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)