The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (125 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He probably won't be able to love you long time, with his head exploding and all.

You could say he blows in more ways than one though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Really? Do you really mean that, or do you only mean that if it suits you?

Because frankly i could post something that would offend you or Curr, but i would probably get banned for it instead of it being labeled freedom.

You can take this concept of freedom and shove it up your arses, because i am pretty sure Cur would not be man enough to show this picture in real life.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Curr is completely right, if it is alright to make fun of Christians and Jews then Muslims shouldn't be immune.

Go ahead and post whatev, I really doubt that you could find something that would offend me unless you know me alot better than you should.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
These forums aren't Danish newspapers. That's a good thing. But it also means we shouldn't become them either.

My point is: yes, this is dicey territory raising issues of cultural standards and whose should prevail. So in the name of tolerance, I'd let something like that pass (it's been posted here numerous times before). But there's a difference between a joke and rubbing people's faces in it with malicious intent -- like Andries sporting it as an avatar.

I sincerely hope we don't go exploring that borderline too much. Humor and sensitivity/respect don't always have to be mutually exclusive.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Really? Do you really mean that, or do you only mean that if it suits you?
I think this bit was directed at Kyle.

Because frankly i could post something that would offend you or Curr, but i would probably get banned for it instead of it being labeled freedom.
Go ahead if you like. I certainly won't try to get you banned for it.

i am pretty sure Cur would not be man enough to show this picture in real life.
Depends on the situation.

Jesus is a prophet in our religion too.
I know.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You know what really gets to me. I know we might not agree on these cartoons, if they should be allowed if they shouldn't etc. But you know that there are plenty of muslim members in these forums and you know this picture strongly offends them, regardless if its within our rights to be offended by it or not, i don't think its so hard to have the courtesy to refrain from posting such pictures.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
These forums aren't Danish newspapers. That's a good thing. But it also means we shouldn't become them either.

My point is: yes, this is dicey territory raising issues of cultural standards and whose should prevail. So in the name of tolerance, I'd let something like that pass (it's been posted here numerous times before). But there's a difference between a joke and rubbing people's faces in it with malicious intent -- like Andries sporting it as an avatar.

I sincerely hope we don't go exploring that borderline too much. Humor and sensitivity/respect don't always have to be mutually exclusive.
I support this.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You know what really gets to me. I know we might not agree on these cartoons, if they should be allowed if they shouldn't etc. But you know that there are plenty of muslim members in these forums and you know this picture strongly offends them, regardless if its within our rights to be offended by it or not, i don't think its so hard to have the courtesy to refrain from posting such pictures.
No reason for one religion to be treated differently to any other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)