The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (32 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Found the video:

4:45 part in question. She's obviously not stupid but more like delusional and intentionally avoiding reality.

Its a weird one. I used to be overweight, not obese - i just didn't lose my childhood puppy fat when everyone else did, I lost 3 stone at 21 and subsequently worked out. I get from my experience how depressing it is to be over weight but i have no pity for anyone who is an adult and over weight. It is simple maths: eat less than your body is using to lose weight and then eat what your body is using to maintain weight. To blame society for making you feel bad: 'healthism', is just fucking churlish at best and frankly ludicrous at worst. Its an issue of education and defeating narcissism.

Also, I am fully with the NHS and CPS and child protection charities here that identify childhood obesity as child abuse/neglect and that the children who are being abused in that way should have an intervention.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Its a weird one. I used to be overweight, not obese - i just didn't lose my childhood puppy fat when everyone else did, I lost 3 stone at 21 and subsequently worked out. I get from my experience how depressing it is to be over weight but i have no pity for anyone who is an adult and over weight. It is simple maths: eat less than your body is using to lose weight and then eat what your body is using to maintain weight. To blame society for making you feel bad: 'healthism', is just fucking churlish at best and frankly ludicrous at worst. Its an issue of education and defeating narcissism.

Also, I am fully with the NHS and CPS and child protection charities here that identify childhood obesity as child abuse/neglect and that the children who are being abused in that way should have an intervention.
Healthism... that's like loaded Nazi bullcrap, man. The state wanting you to be healthy is, like, totalitarianism. We all know that the national health insurance system invented things like health just to make us feel bad about ourselves and that everyone should normally be entitled to gastric bypass surgery without costing the public any extra money.

And to say you can't tell a person's health by looking at them? Yeah, that's why I need to touch ebola patients first before I can assume that something is fucking wrong about them coughing up and spitting blood while covered with open sores. :heart:

(Yes, I am teasing you. ;))

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Healthism... that's like loaded Nazi bullcrap, man. The state wanting you to be healthy is, like, totalitarianism. We all know that the national health insurance system invented things like health just to make us feel bad about ourselves and that everyone should normally be entitled to gastric bypass surgery without costing the public any extra money.

And to say you can't tell a person's health by looking at them? Yeah, that's why I need to touch ebola patients first before I can assume that something is fucking wrong about them coughing up and spitting blood while covered with open sores. :heart:

(Yes, I am teasing you. ;))
I don't know what it's like for.you guys over in the colonies but that attitude amongst the overweight is endemic over here. It's like complaining that the clever kid makes you feel bad because you didn't study and got bad results and asking the teacher to blame them instead of you. Bizarre.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't know what it's like for.you guys over in the colonies but that attitude amongst the overweight is endemic over here. It's like complaining that the clever kid makes you feel bad because you didn't study and got bad results and asking the teacher to blame them instead of you. Bizarre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)