The Refs new Standard (1 Viewer)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
After the WC 2002
where Italy had a lot of problems with referee decision
something seems to have changed in Italy.

Since we know we can do nothing against the onside goals that were ruled offside.

It seems the refs have changed their look on giving out cards and have once again gone out fiercer for the shirt pulling
which was becoming a tedious accpetance in Italian Calcio

Now the Refs
don't hesitate to give out yellow cards
for Pulling of the shirt or for Diving in the box.

An example can be Roma - Brescia game where Fillipini first got a yellow for Pulling a Roma players shirt
and then recived his second yellow for diving in the area.
(much like Totti sending off in the WC2002)
A bit harsh some might say

what do you all think of this new standard
is it good or bad for Italian Football?
is it good or bad for Juve?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
The thing is how the refs knows that one players is doing diving or not. I think sometimes Italian refs looks spoil the players. I mean they blow the wistle more than any spanish refs and english refs. One of my friends said that SerieA looks boring coz the players looks really spoiled with the refs desicion. But then I said to him, that's what makes Serie A different.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    thats my point

but its becoming different know

players get red carded for portest
    Panuchi and Lamouchi

and red carded for Diving Fillipini

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Tougher with the players, letting less go by unnoticed? Definitely good. But it should be much harder to get a penalty!! :mad: Just about every week we see 4-5 penalties in 8 games, that is way over the top. One per round max.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    The thing is how the refs knows that one players is doing diving or not. I think sometimes Italian refs looks spoil the players. I mean they blow the wistle more than any spanish refs and english refs. One of my friends said that SerieA looks boring coz the players looks really spoiled with the refs desicion. But then I said to him, that's what makes Serie A different.
    That's true, there are too many free kicks in Italy.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I really wish they take a harder stand on diving which is so disgusting its untrue, also the shirt pulling has to be stopped before someone gets a full elbow in the face which will cause serious damage

But its true that the Italean ref is too whistle happy and penalties are awarded like confetti, Brescia vs Roma, where the ref awards 2 pens in a minute, not to be retaken mind you, but actually giving another penalty to Brescia as soon as Baggio missed his first kick, Montella was adjudged to have brought down his opponent and that was the 3rd pen in the game

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    I think the pulling of the shirts has to start being yellow carded....

Its the only way to put a stop to it.....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I dont care what the Ref does in terms of Shirt pullling and diving... YELLOW AND RED CARDS are not too harsh since pulling is illegal.
    People may argue that a lot of fouls called slows the game down, But i think of it as it calms the players.

First, to understand my opinion and reasoning, you have to seperate rough tackles from diving and shirt Pulling.
    Italy is Defense-mided so Shirt bulling is much more common and diving is a common way of getting goals since players are always marked.

I think the situation in Italy is MUCH better than Other leagues:

My Reasoning:
    In Italy:
    Harsh Refs---->Slows the game down(Bad) ---> Makes players think twice about rough tackles (Good) ----> Less injuries from clashes

Other leagues:
    Leaniant Refs --> Faster Pace (Good and atractive) ---> Rough matches and hard tackles(Bad) --> A lot of Injuries (Very Bad)

** some might argue that the Italian League has a lot of injuries too. I Agree, but these lengthy injuries are caused by players injuring themselves (Example : Salas steps in Low ground, Del Piero against Udinese tries to shoot the ball but Misses and his leg raps around himself and busts his knee, Ronaldo twisting his knee while dribbling!)
    Big example of how tough english teams play : Di Vaio's injury form Newcastle today, Beckham Breaking his foot)

:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    They dont...thats why i think it should be punished!

sorry..u missunderstood my first sentence: i meant that pulling out the red or yellow card, for divers and shirt-pullers, is not a harsh decision from the ref :) ...Thats why i mentioned pulling is illegal

Let me change it..

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, shirt pulling is bad, and so is diving, but shirt pulling should never be a carded offense, and diving should have to be blatant and irrefutable to call, and then should be an automatic yellow card, no matter what.

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
    Ref .. should be more tough on shirt pulling and diving especially in the penalty area ( i don't think it's done other that the PA :D )

anyway .. being so lean on these ... makes the game so boring .. i consider it myself to be a play not a real game ..

another thing .. it will make the player more creative in finding another way to trick refs :D

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Diagree with MAn U visitor

The shirt pulling must be punished no matter what otherwise

it will develop

players afre already know trained at Junior level how to pull the shirts so that the ref won't notcie

We often see these types of things in the replays of situations

holding your hand behind your back
    pulling the other player under their arm......

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I think we need 2 more refs to eliminate controversies in the penalty box. I mean they'll stand behind the net and maybe it would help:rolleyes:;).....But unfortunately I haven't discuss this with Sepp Blater :D

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    That is not a bad IDea

one could of a man with a flag on each standing behind each goal.

And when he thinks a misdeamor occurs in the peanlty area he waves his flag like

The Referre that judge the offsides do.

I mean for the big CL matches they could try deploying this
    as long as one ref has the final say.
    (the one on the pitch)

So that they don't start arguing with each other......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)