the RB dillema (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
--------------------------------- Buffon ----------------------------------------------- Thuram --------- Kovac -------- Cannavaro ------Zambrotta----------------------------Vieira-------------------Emerson---------------------------------------------------------Camoranesi (Nedved) ------------------------------- Mutu (Camoranesi)-----------------------Del Piero (Nedved)---------------------------------------Zlatan (Trezeguet) ------------------------

IMO there's no excuse not to play in a 4-3-3. You have to use your strengths. And our strength lies in attack this year.

Great formation only bring Miguel or somone for RB and switch Thuram to the middile...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Turboenvy85

Aug 30, 2004
Zalayeta key to Miguel capture
Saturday 30 July, 2005
Juve’s bid for Benfica defender Luis Miguel could take a decisive turn if Marcelo Zalayeta is included in the deal, claim reports.

The Bianconeri have long been tracking the 25-year-old right-back and face competition from the likes of Inter and Real Madrid for his signature.

It’s now suggested that the Portuguese club would favour a straight swap deal with hitman Zalayeta instead of demanding a cash sum.

The move would also suit Zalayeta, as the Uruguayan striker has requested a transfer so that he can play more first team football.

Juventus would not be too down heartened at losing the squad player, as they are already have Adrian Mutu, David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic for that role.

Zalayeta rarely played from the start during his time in Turin, but scored some crucial goals, most notably extra time winners in the Champions’ League against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Inter have officially confirmed that Francesco Coco has left the Brunico training camp in order to negotiate his move to another club. It’s claimed that a deal with Dutch giants Ajax is imminent.

---hmmm this seems like it would be a very good deal. I heard benfica and miguel were not on good terms and that he was close to Valencia but they did not want to move on him because for fear of a Roma-Mexes soap opera
I think miguel would be an excellent addition to our squad

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
Miguel would be a nice signing.but I still prefer Cicinho.
Only thing abount Cicinho I don't know is whether or not he would be able to walk in to Juventus and take a starting role. Signing an unproven player in Europe and asking him to take a starting role in Juventus is not the kind of risk I'd be willing to take. Although we are talking about Zebina being the one replaced, so it's not like Cicinho would have to move mountains..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Cicinho was the best player in Brazil NT in that tournament.. darn he impressed me so much. Against teams like Argentina, Germany, Greece etc. etc.

I think he would do well at Juve, but the biggest question is, can he defend better than Zebina?

Miguel would be excellent, but for me its the same as the Cicinho case, He had a good Euro 2004, but what else? Is he consistent, good defence, was it a one season wonder?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Except if Miguel was just a one tournament wonder then i would definitely go for him as he seems to be class but i didnt see much of Benfica last season to judge his progress
I have gone off Oddo as he has been very average the past 2 seasons, even his crossings are now wayward but i totally agree to move forward we need a very good right back and the best 2 options to me are Miguel and cicinho who looked wonderful in the confederations cup and has pace, not sure about his defending though

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Miguel would be my option unless we somehow get mancini but that wont happen. Cicinho would be interesting but we'll see.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Except if Miguel was just a one tournament wonder then i would definitely go for him as he seems to be class but i didnt see much of Benfica last season to judge his progress
Miguel's performance in Euro 2004 was characteristic of his performances for the past couple of seasons. And if it wasn't for Scolari getting frustrated in that tournament with the frequently worthless Paolo Ferreira, even fewer would have recognized him or his capabilities.

Trap's Benfica last season won the championship for the first time in 11 years with a very balanced team with good teamwork. Didn't overwhelm opponents, but they took advantage of their competition's slip ups. While you can't credit much of that to Miguel, he did play a key role in the season ... even though his terms with the club are shaky at the moment.

I have gone off Oddo as he has been very average the past 2 seasons, even his crossings are now wayward but i totally agree to move forward we need a very good right back and the best 2 options to me are Miguel and cicinho who looked wonderful in the confederations cup and has pace, not sure about his defending though
Oddo is a great crosser. But he's past his prime, IMO, and has begun his journey on his professional decline. Miguel is still learning and still has the potential to improve at only 25 y.o.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)