the RB dillema (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Well it seems that Oddo is on the way here, an attacking right back, not bad IMO, but if we have Zambro + Oddo, go for 4-3-1-2, even though I doubt Capelllo would even dream about it

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Well it seems that Oddo is on the way here, an attacking right back, not bad IMO, but if we have Zambro + Oddo, go for 4-3-1-2, even though I doubt Capelllo would even dream about it
you kidding? he'd had a stroke instantly if that thought even crossed his mind!

though it would be nice to see a bit more attacking juve..i'd put mutu on amc and trez and ibra upfront.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by vlatko27 ] ++

you kidding? he'd had a stroke instantly if that thought even crossed his mind!

though it would be nice to see a bit more attacking juve..i'd put mutu on amc and trez and ibra upfront.
I don't know abt Capello though, I actually seen him using 4-3-3 at times, even though he prefers the more rock solid 4-4-2.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

I don't know abt Capello though, I actually seen him using 4-3-3 at times, even though he prefers the more rock solid 4-4-2.
442 is the best imo, but in our current predicatment, with us owning very talented fantasista but and ageing left winger....we could see 433 played far more often.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

442 is the best imo, but in our current predicatment, with us owning very talented fantasista but and ageing left winger....we could see 433 played far more often.
good point..

yeah capello used 4-3-3 a few times but, for him to use 4-3-3 as a starting formation, week in and week out is highly unlikely. he'll use a 4-4-2 again.

Jul 28, 2002

good point..

yeah capello used 4-3-3 a few times but, for him to use 4-3-3 as a starting formation, week in and week out is highly unlikely. he'll use a 4-4-2 again.
id use 442 myself, but i cans see games where we will have to use 433 due to lack of covefr for our wingers.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i would also stick with 4-4-2 but would slowly start practicing 4-3-1-2 where mutu is amc. nedved isn't getting any younger and unless we can find a good back up for him, which we can't for now, we need new solutions, and i would start with a different formation..

Jul 28, 2002
i would also stick with 4-4-2 but would slowly start practicing 4-3-1-2 where mutu is amc. nedved isn't getting any younger and unless we can find a good back up for him, which we can't for now, we need new solutions, and i would start with a different formation..
personally im not a huge fan of 4312, as there is a lack of attacking width...the mid 3 will have emo and vieira...is camo a real CM? Imo no, and all the width will have to come from our fullbacks....which currently mean Zebina...:down:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I agree with John, 4-3-1-2 is not a formation for Juventus, especially with the squad at hand.

I was calling for a 4-2-3-1 formation last year, but Capello never used it....I think it can be tried with the current squad. I doubt he will use it either.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

no camo isn't a cm..but it doesn't mean he is forced to stay in the middle, he can go on the right flank while attacking, and zambrotta can fill up the left flank pretty good with his forward runs. good point on zebina though..mancini from roma would be a good solution for rb in a 4-3-1-2 formation

Jul 28, 2002
no camo isn't a cm..but it doesn't mean he is forced to stay in the middle, he can go on the right flank while attacking, and zambrotta can fill up the left flank pretty good with his forward runs. good point on zebina though..mancini from roma would be a good solution for rb in a 4-3-1-2 formation
yes mancini would be good for that formation, but personally i like teams to have width as it give much more attacking depth.

If fullbacks are the only attacking wide options i believe it would be much easier to contain....

Look at Chelsea and arsenal at thier peaks, they have attacking wide men both fullback and wing, which makes for very entertaining football.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well width is good, but we need to try new options, as nedved's time, unfortunately, is passing..who could replace him? olivera maybe?!?! LOL! i honestly dread the day our goldilocks retires..

Jul 28, 2002
well width is good, but we need to try new options, as nedved's time, unfortunately, is passing..who could replace him? olivera maybe?!?! LOL! i honestly dread the day our goldilocks retires..
i dont...imo it may be a good thing for juve, even tho i love and respect neddy.

When neddy retires, moggi will sign a replacement. Kapo is hi antural heir and has the talent to do so, but like Enzo in the past, Kapo was criminally underused.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well kapo wasn't practicaly even given a chance, which is ridiculos, he played excellent for auxerre, and should have been given more playing time.

as for enzo, i'm sure if he had the quality he wouldn't have gone to sevilla for such a low amount. he was at juventus for 3,4 years, was on loans, co-ownerships and such. i also wanted him to stay and play more, maybe become nedveds heir but at the end of the day he simply didn't had what it takes to succed on the big scene..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
That's the problem with youngsters who r trying to develop here, Enzo + Kapo r no exception as well. And the worst incident is the Henry case.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
--------------------------------- Buffon ----------------------------------------------- Thuram --------- Kovac -------- Cannavaro ------Zambrotta----------------------------Vieira-------------------Emerson---------------------------------------------------------Camoranesi (Nedved) ------------------------------- Mutu (Camoranesi)-----------------------Del Piero (Nedved)---------------------------------------Zlatan (Trezeguet) ------------------------

IMO there's no excuse not to play in a 4-3-3. You have to use your strengths. And our strength lies in attack this year.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

yes, the henry case..capello once said kapo has the potential to be even better than henry..if i recall correctly henry was also a winger when he was at juve, and was transformed into a striker. hope he doesn't give up on juve..and then becomes better than henry :-D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
--------------------------------- Buffon ----------------------------------------------- Thuram --------- Kovac -------- Cannavaro ------Zambrotta----------------------------Vieira-------------------Emerson---------------------------------------------------------Camoranesi (Nedved) ------------------------------- Mutu (Camoranesi)-----------------------Del Piero (Nedved)---------------------------------------Zlatan (Trezeguet) ------------------------

IMO there's no excuse not to play in a 4-3-3. You have to use your strengths. And our strength lies in attack this year.

if we were to play 4-3-3 i wouldn't put thuram back on the rb, cuz he doesn't play well there..i would rather put zambo on rb and chiellini on lb..although chiellini is getting on my nerves with his "miccoli type remarks about juve.

good point on youngsters at juve, ZhiXin

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the best player to get: Miguel..world class right back

Moggi's player to get: Oddo

Not a bad option for the future: Cicinho

Last resort: Bonera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)