The Projection thread (not about giovanotti) (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So you're saying that in theory I could support a team in every match the play by virtue of my footballing prejudices but not for the whole tournament?

Don't get me wrong, italiens=gay.
You're not making sense.

It's not that difficult. Supporting a team is different from hoping somebody loses. Being a fan/supporter of a side is sticking with them through thick and thin, which is why those who claim they'd support their home nation over the Azzurri but cheer for the latter in the World Cup are faux fans of that team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You're not making sense.

It's not that difficult. Supporting a team is different from hoping somebody loses. Being a fan/supporter of a side is sticking with them through thick and thin, which is why those who claim they'd support their home nation over the Azzurri but cheer for the latter in the World Cup are faux fans of that team.
No, you're a towel!

First of all let me just say. Anybody that doesn't support their home nation is a douche.

Now, I think your interpretation of Support and Support and the correlation between them is different to mine. I am a Juventus supporter, I am a Fingal supporter, I am an éire supporter. I fail to see how I can lend my support towards a team that are in a separate big competition. We support Inter in the CL to keep the coefficient high, we aren't fully-fledged Merda-fags similarly I support North Korea in their quest for world cup glory. It's temporary support not lifetime support, and that doesn't make you a fake fan.

Sep 1, 2002
No, you're a towel!

First of all let me just say. Anybody that doesn't support their home nation is a douche.

Now, I think your interpretation of Support and Support and the correlation between them is different to mine. I am a Juventus supporter, I am a Fingal supporter, I am an éire supporter. I fail to see how I can lend my support towards a team that are in a separate big competition. We support Inter in the CL to keep the coefficient high, we aren't fully-fledged Merda-fags similarly I support North Korea in their quest for world cup glory. It's temporary support not lifetime support, and that doesn't make you a fake fan.
You are making good sense. It won't make a difference to some.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You do know that it can easily be said why just nations? Why not towns or cities that are local to you. Why are you guys supporting a Turin based team when your on the other side of the world and have no home affiliation to this city or country for that matter.

Sep 1, 2002
You do know that it can easily be said why just nations? Why not towns or cities that are local to you. Why are you guys supporting a Turin based team when your on the other side of the world and have no home affiliation to this city or country for that matter.
Because they are mock-fans.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A nation and a PLC are two different things.
I know only difference being between passports, but even that doesnt mean much, ask camo, amauri etc I can go abroad stay in italy for lets say 5 years or so get citizenship im i eligible to support them? I certainly can. I personally have 3 countrys of citizenship with passports but one things for sure I wouldnt choose to support england where I was born.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #92
    You're not making sense.

I support the US in every match they play even against the Azzurri, I agree Italiens are gay boys, and I regularly rip on the Azzurri and their greasy mops. I would not consider myself an "Azzurri fan" but I like the team and support them when it does not harm my own country.

But once the United States goes out I am going to openly support the Azzurri for this tournament but I will not refer to them as "us". Am I a fake US fan?

And also

San Jose earthquakes are the closest team in proximity to me but I would root for Juve squash them mercilessly. Would you complain about that too?

Sep 1, 2002
    I know only difference being between passports, but even that doesnt mean much, ask camo, amauri etc I can go abroad stay in italy for lets say 5 years or so get citizenship im i eligible to support them? I certainly can. I personally have 3 countrys of citizenship with passports but one things for sure I wouldnt choose to support england where I was born.
    Why not support England?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)