The Passion of Christ (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #122
    If he wanted to make money, he wouldn't have gambled 30m of his own money on a film that didn't look like having a decent studio to back him up.

Everyone thought it'd be a flop and he'd lose his own money, but even at that stage he said he didn't care; he wanted to make a movie about the Passion

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #124
    ++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
    But he doesn't know if it actually happened or not.....
    Well at least not accurately ;)
    What do you mean, he doesn't know if it actually happened or not!?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #126
    Yeah, it was a brilliant move by Mel Gibson to purposely make people think the movie was Anti-Semitic and generate controversy, and hence huge profits....right? :groan:

Well of course they're gonna advertise. I'm not saying he purposely set out to make a financial loss, but I hardly think the main motivation for making the movie was money.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #128
    A possibility, but unlikely given the situation with studio backing and choices like using Aramaic instead of English..

etc.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Sure, Erik, whatever you say. :)

I watched it on Easter Sunday with my dad. He loved it, but I felt that Gibson played up the brutality of the beatings. From Gibson's version of the scourging at the pillar, no one would have walked away, never mind carrying a 9ft wooden cross. Gibson depicted the charactors in an uneven way too, I thought. The charactor of Barabus seems to have been cast and made up with the express purpose of making him the most hateful looking person I've ever seen. Even Bond villans look more human. Other charactors, like Mary (in particular) and Herod, looked far too young, though that's a minor point.

A flawed film, but still a worthy depiction of the Passion. I loved the charactorisation of evil, floating in the background, whichpering to Jesus that he couldn't do it.)

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
    I watched this movie today and it's shocking, it's amazing...

I'm a violence lover so that's why i went to watch it, cuz i'm not very interested in religion, but it shocked me...

all the blood effects, everything in the movie it's good...

satan was too ****in scary... I shitted my pants :LOL:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

when did you go see it Fli? Or did you not?
    i saw it about a week ago. and really hated it. trully wonderful material for a great movie ruined by gibson. maybe he wanted hsi movie that way, only to show how christ was tortured. in that case its ok, but not my type of films. but if he wanted to tell a story, to make people understand what actually happened he failed horribly. when i was watching jesus hanging on tht cross i though "gee, that must hurt", not "oh my mesiah, thank you for saving my life :blah:" really, for me at least it was just a stupid movie.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Sure, Erik, whatever you say. :)

I watched it on Easter Sunday with my dad. He loved it, but I felt that Gibson played up the brutality of the beatings. From Gibson's version of the scourging at the pillar, no one would have walked away, never mind carrying a 9ft wooden cross. Gibson depicted the charactors in an uneven way too, I thought. The charactor of Barabus seems to have been cast and made up with the express purpose of making him the most hateful looking person I've ever seen. Even Bond villans look more human. Other charactors, like Mary (in particular) and Herod, looked far too young, though that's a minor point.

A flawed film, but still a worthy depiction of the Passion. I loved the charactorisation of evil, floating in the background, whichpering to Jesus that he couldn't do it.)
    good points. there were some things that i actually liked but it was ruined by all the beatings. imo it shouldve been a psychological movie.

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Painless_cry ] ++

it's "she" cuz i'm a girl ;)

but seriously that satan was quite ugly :LOL:
    i swear there is this girl in my class and she had this shal over her head one and im not kidding u she looked exatly like the satan except satan with blue eyes :LOL:
    now everytime she wears it i remember the movie

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #138
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    i swear there is this girl in my class and she had this shal over her head one and im not kidding u she looked exatly like the satan except satan with blue eyes :LOL:
    now everytime she wears it i remember the movie
    That's gotta be some kind of an insult, eh? :LOL:

"You look just like Satan"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)