The Official "The official had sun in their eyes" thread (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I will closely try monitor the refs this season.

So far:

Round one: Matri's goal disallowed.

Inter escapes two sending-offs.
Inter should have had a penalty at 0-0 when Balzaretti pulled back Jonathan.

They should also have had a penalty, with Migliaccio being sent off when he blocked a goal-bound shot (they did get a penalty from the corner, though).

Who should Inter have had sent off?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Inter should have had a penalty at 0-0 when Balzaretti pulled back Jonathan.

They should also have had a penalty, with Migliaccio being sent off when he blocked a goal-bound shot (they did get a penalty from the corner, though).

Who should Inter have had sent off?
Really? Jonatan should have gotten a yellow card for diving. That was not a PK by any means.

Inter should have gotten Samuel sent off.

I remember another situation, but can't remember which player it was.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Really? Jonatan should have gotten a yellow card for diving. That was not a PK by any means.
Look again.

Jonathan goes down in an exaggerated fashion, but Balzaretti had a handful of his shirt, so it should have been a penalty.

Inter should have gotten Samuel sent off.

I remember another situation, but can't remember which player it was.
I just finished watching a re-run of the game and I didn't notice anything untoward.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Look again.

Jonathan goes down in an exaggerated fashion, but Balzaretti had a handful of his shirt, so it should have been a penalty.

I just finished watching a re-run of the game and I didn't notice anything untoward.
I've seen it enough times, that was not a penalty.

You didn't notice the fact that Samuel had a yellow card, but still made a harsh challenge that should have been another yellow card? I think Zanetti had something similar as well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know the Samuel and Zanetti challenges you are referring to, but I didn't see either as being worth a second booking.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #176
    Time to revive this thread.

You don't always score a goal from an offside play and handball at the same time :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)