The Official Tennis Thread (4 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Djokovic gonna get slam number 13. Rafa stays at 17, might have missed his chance to tie Federer

also, good thing Federer lost early, would be painful to watch him beat himself once again

- - - Updated - - -

how did Federer lose to this guy :lol::sad:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Djokovic gonna get slam number 13. Rafa stays at 17, might have missed his chance to tie Federer

also, good thing Federer lost early, would be painful to watch him beat himself once again

- - - Updated - - -

how did Federer lose to this guy :lol::sad:
you think so? I think Nadal will be winning French Open routinely even when he's 35 and 36, so I see plenty of chances for him to catch up with Federer :D guy has won 11 out of 14 possible since 2005 and he's 32 still :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you think so? I think Nadal will be winning French Open routinely even when he's 35 and 36, so I see plenty of chances for him to catch up with Federer :D guy has won 11 out of 14 possible since 2005 and he's 32 still :p
i dont think Federer will win anything anymore, so maybe youre right. if he wins the next 3 RGs until hes 35-36, theyre even. but injuries and age will catch up at some point

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
watched Sevastova (number 18) - Stephens (last years US Open champ) yesterday, was some master psychological battle from the underdog Latvian. start of first set looked like Stephens will dominate, in 3rd game she got 7 break chances, but Sevastova survived them all, won the 3rd game and Stephens pretty much lost it at that moment, going out with 62, 63. wondering if Sevastova will be able to take down Serena in the semis, she got the playing style suited for battling Williams, but Serena is mentally very strong and won't crumble like Stephens yesterday

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Happy for DelPo, he played very well and his backhand was really good.

Shame that Nadal got injured, I don't like him, but hopefully he'll get better

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Wow she won Serena! missed it. She completely destroyed Keys as well
i don't follow women's tennis too much, but what stroke me was that osaka looked like a complete package, still, it was only her 2nd tournament victory. she has it all: groundstokes on both sides, big serve for a girl, unexpected winners, legs, nerves, whatever. when she checked her pulse when serving for the match was epic.

Was pretty shameful, Serena and the fans in the court acted like super-butthurt losers
they absolutely did. and even serena's coach admitted that he was coaching, and said that most of the times, warning's not called for these. so he basically blamed the chair umpire for standing by the rules. serena was outplayed for 90% of the match by a relative newbie, and they blame the ref for the result. brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)