The Official Tennis Thread (13 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Not that there are way worse anthems...like our dear neighbours Marseillaise ("...Let an impure blood Soak our fields!") for example.

But i get it, we are warmongers so it would be inappropriate if we'd still use those verses.

That said, i dislike national anthems anyway :p only there to gloat and feed the nationalists.

- - - Updated - - -

Petkovic so shredded :tuttosport:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nothing can beat the Borat national anthem being played for Kazakhstan than time.

America though, lol. Close enough...
That was in Kuwait, right? Crazy that something like that can happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that there are way worse anthems...like our dear neighbours Marseillaise ("...Let an impure blood Soak our fields!") for example.

But i get it, we are warmongers so it would be inappropriate if we'd still use those verses.

That said, i dislike national anthems anyway :p only there to gloat and feed the nationalists.

- - - Updated - - -

Petkovic so shredded :tuttosport:
National anthems are a lingering remnant of the ultra-nationalism in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Patriotism and nationalism are convenient excuses for all manner of disgusting opinions and behaviours.

Petkovic looks like a dude. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I didnt think i will ever see him in a slam final again after those years of injuries and losing to amateurs, so glad he is back at this level. Hope Federer wont be affected by the pause he had and we can see the 2 in the Wimbledon final soon. Would be epic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was reading he only lost 35 games in the French open this year. Second best all time in a grand slam behind Bjorn Borg losing 32 in 1978 at the French open.

Insane to think Rafa looked more likely to retire than ever win another major just last year.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
losing games/sets may be influenced by retirements, and also opponents' rankings. nadal had one of the easiest draws ever, and only had wawrinka (coming from a 5-setter) as a serious opponent.

watch him to have an other 'injury' later this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)